Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020-21 Schedule

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

default Re: 2020-21 Schedule

Post by aleppiek on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm

Kevin,

As always, all home games will be streamed free at portlandpilots.com select games will also be aired on NBC Sports Northwest.

Unfortunately we do not anticipate any live fan attendance for the foreseeable future.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Kevin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:35 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:There's only two teams in the PNW not in the same conference as Portland, Idaho, or Seattle and not already in an MTE - Oregon and Oregon State. The Ducks ain't coming so you might as well make it happen, Beavers.
Yes, it's the Beavers in Corvallis!

11/27 Idaho @ 4 pm
11/28 Northwest (NAIA) @ 4 pm
11/29 William Jessup (NAIA) at 1 pm
12/10 @ Oregon State @ 4 pm
12/17 Portland State @ 7 pm (Note: this game could move to 12/5 @ 12 noon when the schedule is finalized)
12/19 @ Seattle U @ 6 pm
12/22 Montana State @ 12 noon (NBC Sports/NW)
12/30 Seattle U @ 8 pm (NBC Sports/NW)

Don't know California's pandemic restrictions, but UC Davis, Cal Poly, and Cal St. Fullerton have dropped off the preliminary schedule, however, William Jessup, a private NAIA school in the Sacramento area (Rocklin) is coming to Portland.

UP Athletics does not anticipate the ability to have fans at the Chiles Center for the start of the 2020-21 basketball season due to state regulations.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 8736
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 am

Awesome. Pilots/Beavers have had good tilts for as long as I can remember. Made too much sense for them not to play this year.

It looks like there's still some open dates on the calendar. Wonder if they'd consider a game at PSU as well given the silly circumstances this season.

https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Portland - Bart Torvik has his projections up for this schedule. 8-16 including 2-14 in a strong-looking WCC this year.

Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:02 am

Dean Murdoch wrote:https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Portland - Bart Torvik has his projections up for this schedule. 8-16 including 2-14 in a strong-looking WCC this year.
I'm not saying Torvik is wrong in his overall record projections, but his list of the top Pilot performers is wacky to say the least.

He lists 2 walk-ons and 2 freshmen in the top-10, and although Zac could be a top-5 performer, the other three won't even see action this season unless there are injuries or COVID disqualifications.

In fact his list does not include two or three of the best players on the team, Ahmed Ali, Cly Griffith, and Isiah Dasher. Nor does he include "big" men Mikey Henn or Hunter Seymour...and both should get plenty of playing time.

I think we've all learned that if it's on the internet and it's not verified on PilotNation, its accuracy should be questioned.  pirat
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:01 pm

I'm hearing the PSU game might be moved to December 5 because the Pilots game at UC Davis on that day is still not "officially canceled," but when/if it is, PSU could fill the void.

I agree with Dean, play PSU twice...and televise the games!!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Today at 11:00 am

Dean Murdoch wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:Ahmed Ali is apparently still awaiting a second of two waivers from the NCAA that will allow him to play this season.
Still?? Can't believe the amount of adversity this team has had to face so far and we're still six eight days from the season opener.
With just five days to go before the Pilots might actually get to play a game, one assistant coach tells me 'Ahmed Ali is the best player on this year's team."

And today, after six months of adjudication, Ali finally received his second of two waivers from the NCAA to lead the Pilots this coming season!  cheers

At this point, I think we'll take small victories whenever and wherever we can get them...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Today at 11:14 am

DoubleDipper wrote:With just five days to go before the Pilots might actually get to play a game, one assistant coach tells me 'Ahmed Ali is the best player on this year's team."

And today, after six months of adjudication, Ali finally received his second of two waivers from the NCAA to lead the Pilots this coming season!  cheers

At this point, I think we'll take small victories whenever and wherever we can get them...

I might even classify this one as a major victory!

Great news for Ahmed and the Pilots. Looking forward to seeing him play on Friday!
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by optimist Today at 1:46 pm

Huge win! So glad to hear he was cleared.

Starting lineup prediction number 3:

Ali
Dasher
Davis
Henn
Diabate

First off the bench:
Farhensohn
Jones
Griffith/Adams
Seymour/Curtiss

Your starters?

optimist
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2019-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot Today at 2:20 pm

optimist wrote:Starting lineup prediction number 3:

Ali
Dasher
Davis
Henn
Diabate

First off the bench:
Farhensohn
Jones
Griffith/Adams
Seymour/Curtiss

Your starters?
I cannot disagree with your starters at all, however, I think you just forgot to include Triplett off the bench...shooter!! Razz
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Today at 2:31 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:I'm hearing the PSU game might be moved to December 5 because the Pilots game at UC Davis on that day is still not "officially canceled," but when/if it is, PSU could fill the void.
Pilots at UC Davis has now been "officially" canceled, and UP is now scheduled to host PSU in the Chiles Center on December 5 at 7pm.

This game was originally scheduled for December 17, so there is now a nine day gap between the OSU and Seattle U games...room to add another game or two?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum