Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas 2nd Round Game

+22
A_Fan
pms275
eProf
Poopdeck Pappy
Stonehouse
skywaker9
WPS_Movement
FANatic
ohhh_yeah
purple haze
decrink
'78 Alum
fan from afar
PilotDrummer
Harry Redknapp
aleppiek
DaTruRochin
UPSoccerFanatic
PurplePrideTrumpet
Geezaldinho
SoreKnees
Auto Pilot
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Texas 2nd Round Game - Page 4 Empty Re: Texas 2nd Round Game

Post by wyeast Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:13 pm

First half, after the "media break", did anyone else notice Megan R's move where she tapped the ball left then ran to the right around the player and recieved her own pass by the touch line?

And that Texas keeper... she is good but what a risk taker. I was waiting for her to get burned on one of her hang it out there decisions but it didn't happen this game.

wyeast
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:54 pm

The Texas keeper probably saved her team from an embarassing loss by coming off her line. Its always a crapshoot. In an ordinary college game she probably would have had a shutout but for the relentless and effective Pilot attack. She is a senior so in a way she can be glad she left it all on the field.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:
If Stephanie Logterman is all American then Jessica Tsao got robbed by not being so recognized. JT has been UP defensive player of the season for me.
Now here is something that got me thinking. I noticed that more than once, Texas gave Jessica so much space she could almost walk into the 18. On the other side there were times when Megan S. went unmarked as well. Are attacking left and right backs so rare in college that teams don't defend well against them? Was Texas overly concerned with Megan R., Sophie, and Danielle in the middle of the field? What do you gaffers out there think?
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:04 pm

I noticed that as well and it made me long for the rocket shots of Lopez and Cronkcrite
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Poopdeck Pappy Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Texas' gameplan may have been to keep the ball from our 3 proven scorers and force someone else to beat them. So, from the Longhorn perspective, they probably felt like they were appropriately concerned with Soph, Megan R., and Dani in the middle. It may have been their strategy to pay overly close attention to those 3 proven goal-scorers even if it meant that other Pilots, including the outside backs, got space.

Did you notice that we let Logterman have space in the middle of our end several times in the first half. It scared the wits out of me. She may not be Jessica's equal, but she is a dangerous hombre nonetheless.
Poopdeck Pappy
Poopdeck Pappy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:19 pm

I noticed that and was equally concerned. She schooled Sara J twice early, then Megan R. stayed on the right side after taking a right-side corner kick and Sara (later Janelle) moved to our left. It didn't happen again.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Righto! I have to agree. Well put.
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Attacking backs are rare -- at least we almost never see them attacking vs. Pilots at Merlo. Sending a backliner forward is a Pilots trademark -- it takes a whole team effort IMHO to do it successfully -- including midfielders who knows when to drop back to cover and when to support the attack, and strikers being ready for a pass or cross. It also takes a heck of a fast back line to recover if the attaker loses the ball. The Pilots would not outshoot opponents so consistently without the added attacking force of their outside backs. I love it -- and think that Jessica's crosses are now Cronkrite-worthy. She is just dropping bombs into enemy territory. I am still waiting for her to outright shoot on goal.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:01 am

while i love jess's crosses an runs, i have to say that i am more impressed with her 'd'. since i didnt buy a program, she dispossessed #21 of the longhorns so many times that #21 moved to the other side of the field she was so frustrated!! this team is truly unbelievable!!!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:55 am

Jessica's play in the last couple of weeks has stepped up another level. She seems to have gained some confidence and is strong on defense and going forward.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4