Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Dakota St. @ Pilots, Dec. 5th (7pm, WCC network)

+5
Sound Voltex
DoubleDipper
Dean Murdoch
Geezaldinho
up7587
9 posters

Go down

North Dakota St. @ Pilots, Dec. 5th (7pm, WCC network) Empty North Dakota St. @ Pilots, Dec. 5th (7pm, WCC network)

Post by up7587 Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:06 pm

The second D-1 team from No. Dakota comes to visit Chiles, the Bison from Fargo. Our bit of wintry weather won't bother them as it is forecast to be 3*F in Fargo Monday night.

The Bison are having a rough season. They are 1-8 with their only win over D-III Crown College. One of their losses was at home to UOP, 91-86. Saturday they lost at EWU 78-70. They are not small, their leading scorers are 6'11" and 6'10" forwards and a 6'5" guard. However, the 6'11" F, Grant Nelson, did not play at EWU.

NDSU was 23-10 last year, and qualified for the NCAA tourney the two previous years. Hopefully they do not have an epiphany and start shooting lights out at Chiles like some other recent opponents have. This is another game the Pilots need to win. NDSU is #277 Kenpom. The Pilots dropped to #109 after defeating UND (#315)

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

North Dakota St. @ Pilots, Dec. 5th (7pm, WCC network) Empty Re: North Dakota St. @ Pilots, Dec. 5th (7pm, WCC network)

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:47 pm

You have to stretch a bit to find previous history.

UP has never played them, but a couple of Pilots have.
NDSU played the Eastern Washington Eagles in 2018 in what was Shantay Legans’ 300th game as a coach for EWU. Bobby Suarez and T.J. Lipoid were assistants.

NDSU won 74-67 .

The only current Pilot to play in that game was Jack Perry, who started, played 22 minutes, and had 2 points.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

DoubleDipper and Snus Junction like this post

Back to top Go down

North Dakota St. @ Pilots, Dec. 5th (7pm, WCC network) Empty Re: North Dakota St. @ Pilots, Dec. 5th (7pm, WCC network)

Post by Dean Murdoch Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:31 pm

up7587 wrote:However, the 6'11" F, Grant Nelson, did not play at EWU.

Sprained ankle at the end of the Jacksonville State game, which was a week ago today.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:54 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:
up7587 wrote:However, the 6'11" F, Grant Nelson, did not play at EWU.

Sprained ankle at the end of the Jacksonville State game, which was a week ago today.
I am told Nelson will be back for the UP game...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:32 pm

WTAF
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Fox Mulder likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:33 pm

up7587 wrote:Hopefully they do not have an epiphany and start shooting lights out at Chiles like some other recent opponents have.

I mean, they're not shooting lights out, but we're not faring any better.

Can we call this the Chiles curse or something?
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:39 pm

It’s Terry Porter Appreciation Night at Chiles
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Snus Junction likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:33 pm

I swear they muffled the crowd noise a tad bit after that very audible GODDAMN after Robertson's missed FT.
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:57 pm

Well that really sucked.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874

Snus Junction likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:05 pm

That did not look like a team embracing TOD to me.

Post game radio with Legans: https://vocaroo.com/1kQnw5pOV1Ch
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:10 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:It’s Terry Porter Appreciation Night at Chiles

There was a dejavĂș aspect to the evening.

Don’t want to hear about how we are in imminent danger of loosing our coaching staff soon.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:11 pm

Was this exam week?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by badcoverage Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:28 pm

Tough loss, but it's a great teaching moment. Coach Legans is absolutely correct when he noted that when you're struggling to shoot the ball you need to ratchet up your defense and stick to the scheme. I have a feeling the UP team that took the court tonight will bare no resemblance to the team that will take the floor Saturday night. Go Pilots!
badcoverage
badcoverage
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2022-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:29 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:Was this exam week?
They start this coming Monday...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:39 pm

Yes, this was an "exam", and the Pilots flunked it.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:44 am

I should never go to games during exam time. Reminded me of PSU when we were ranked 25
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Snus Junction Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:24 am

I didn’t recognize Pilot team last nightand I haven’t left before game finished since the TP era. But I did last night early in second half. If they were going to make a run, that was when it had to happen and it didn’t.
It was sad.
We play down to the level of the competition.
ND state played a fierce defensive game and we couldn’t get our shooters free, and when they were free they couldn’t make the shot. We tried to go downhill but ineffectively.
Legans and coaches have some real work cut out for them, especially on defense and how to free up shooters from a man to man pressure defense.

Snus Junction
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2020-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:38 pm

That was a real bummer of a game last night. I think the several dozen fans in attendance all felt the same. Except the one guy in the NDSU sweatshirt. On the plus side, the small handful of students who showed up (I can’t in good faith refer to what I witnessed as a “student section”) looked comfy in the new plush seats!

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:54 pm

NDSU went home and lost to Montana.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down