Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Dakota @ Pilots, Dec 3 (5:00 PM)

+3
blacksheep
Geezaldinho
Dean Murdoch
7 posters

Go down

North Dakota @ Pilots, Dec 3 (5:00 PM) Empty North Dakota @ Pilots, Dec 3 (5:00 PM)

Post by Dean Murdoch Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:55 pm

Pacific (Tigers, not Boxers) blew the doors off UND a little over two weeks ago but the Fighting SiouxHawks have been playing better basketball since then. They hung with PK85 finalist Iowa State into the second half on Wednesday before the Cyclones finally pulled away.

Vegas has the Pilots by 15½.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

North Dakota @ Pilots, Dec 3 (5:00 PM) Empty Re: North Dakota @ Pilots, Dec 3 (5:00 PM)

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:02 pm

So….
Is it true they play their home games on ice skates?

Just askin’
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

North Dakota @ Pilots, Dec 3 (5:00 PM) Empty Re: North Dakota @ Pilots, Dec 3 (5:00 PM)

Post by blacksheep Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:15 pm

My uncle invited a North Dakota grad tonight. When I asked why he wasn't wearing any team gear, he said he all he had was a hockey jersey, so yes, I think they play their home games on ice.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:40 pm

Post game radio with Legans and Moses: https://vocaroo.com/1i1mg48ZmhM4
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:44 pm

Their rink "The Ralph" was newly built when I was at college about 2 hours away. We made the trip a couple of times to watch games there, and the rink is well worth the trip. They made sure to plaster the Sioux logo everywhere when they built that. I wonder if they have taken out all of that imagery out of the building? Don't even want to think about what that would have cost.

(Oh, and good win Pilots)
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2015-01-20

blacksheep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:47 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:Their rink "The Ralph" was newly built when I was at college about 2 hours away. We made the trip a couple of times to watch games there, and the rink is well worth the trip. They made sure to plaster the Sioux logo everywhere when they built that. I wonder if they have taken out all of that imagery out of the building? Don't even want to think about what that would have cost.

(Oh, and good win Pilots)

My uncle's friend showed me photos of his ND Sioux chopper. He is obviously not happy about the logo change, and isn't planning to repaint his bike any time soon.

Really disappointed he didn't wear his hockey jersey to the game!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:17 am

Some at the game were asking why, after a 20-point in 18 minutes performance on Wednesday, Wyatt Lowell never got in the game.  

I think the simple answer is his dislocated pinkie, but it appeared Coach Legans planned to put him in the game with about 6 or 7 minutes to go when he had to change is strategy when UP's offense was getting sloppy and settling for 3-point attempts.

UP called a timeout, Legs had a little discussion with Wyatt, a sterner discussion with the on-court players, and sent them back out with the new strategy of working the ball inside...and it worked.

We will see Wyatt get some good minutes tomorrow against North Dakota St.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Snus Junction Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:48 pm

Thanks. Reasonable explanation.
Not surprising, I guess, Pilots seem to play to the level of the competition.
This made for an interesting first 10 minutes when NDS hit all their jobs and we were lucky to stay with them.

Snus Junction
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2020-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:02 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:. . . it appeared Coach Legans planned to put him in the game with about 6 or 7 minutes to go when he had to change is strategy when UP's offense was getting sloppy and settling for 3-point attempts.

I was thinking, if we're going to check up 3-point shots, put in Wyatt, maybe he'll make them.

I saw Wyatt go up to Coach during the halftime, and Coach put his arm around him and talked to him. Coach said on the postgame interview that Wyatt would definitely play Monday.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:55 pm

I like how the Pilot's first basket of the game was by Robertson off an end line out of bounds play. He inbounded the ball, stepped onto the court, and got it back for an unguarded layup. Seems like that play was run against them successfully several times in the PKI games. Maybe they stole the idea. It's a pretty simple play.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down