Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas

+13
lomiton
wrv
JimmAlacki
Sound Voltex
Stonehouse
PilotNut
Woodless 2.0
DoubleDipper
NoPoNeighbor
StudentPilot
blacksheep
bobtcat2
Dean Murdoch
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas Empty Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:34 pm

Here's the bracket: https://www.midmajormadness.com/wcc-west-coast-conference-tournament-bracket-and-schedule-how-to-watch

Back to top Go down

Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas Empty Re: Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:06 am

Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas Screen_Shot_2019_03_03_at_12.35.24_PM

Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas Empty Re: Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:15 am

Pomeroy gives the Pilots a 10.2% chance of advancing to the second round, a 2.1% chance of advancing to the quarterfinals, and "when pigs fly" for anything further.

Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas D0tykr4VsAEJ_gC

I'll guess Xavier Hallinan will play fewer than the 40 minutes he played a couple years ago when the Pilots beat USD in the conference tourney.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:35 am

St Mary's would have a better chance in the NCAA bubble mix without the triple bye. Need more wins.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2017-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 am

bobtcat2 wrote:St Mary's would have a better chance in the NCAA bubble mix without the triple bye.  Need more wins.

They need QUALITY wins. Adding a Q3 win over USD would do nothing for them.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:15 am

Dean Murdoch wrote:Pomeroy gives the Pilots a 10.2% chance of advancing to the second round, a 2.1% chance of advancing to the quarterfinals, and "when pigs fly" for anything further.

Looks to me like "when pigs fly" for the semi's and worse than when pigs fly for anything further. I'm not even sure this applies:

blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:34 am

Dean Murdoch wrote:Postseason - WCC Tourney March 7-12, Las Vegas Screen_Shot_2019_03_03_at_12.35.24_PM

I assume you are saying that Few is moving his death star into position. If BYU is Alderaan, does that make us Jawas?

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:12 pm

I usually buy my flight to Vegas at the beginning of the season. This year I decided to wait and see how the season goes before I commit. While I'm glad I'm not going to watch another first round game, I'm going to miss my annual trip to Vegas. How about a PN Vegas weekend when we don't have to watch any games? It would include the same level of debauchery without the depression!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Next year for me!  

I plan to reenroll at UP next fall, and I'll be 21, so Vegas should rock!

It's Spring Break at UP now, but besides the players and dance team, I've not talked to anyone who plans to attend this year's tournament.

In addition to UP's slim chance of winning a game, the NASCAR race was already run this past weekend....so this should be a good year to stay home and save up for next year's march to March Madness! pirat

EDIT: Actually, the women's team has a pretty good chance of winning at least one game!
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Glad to hear you'll be back at UP next year, StudentPilot. Since you won't be going to Vegas this year, I guess you won't be able to relive last year's epic post-WCC tourney adventures to Zion and the Grand Canyon (https://www.pilotnation.net/t5943-next-up-lmu-at-vegas#71647). That trip really seems like it kicked off an entire year of great adventures for you. Kudos!

I also wanted to give you a heads up that someone named Laurent Lucuix is taking credit for that incredible photo you took of your girlfriend at Zion, and probably made a few bucks selling the image to Shutterstock:
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/young-woman-relaxing-overlooking-zion-national-25511539?irgwc=1&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=TinEye&utm_source=77643&utm_term=

I looked up this shyster online, and he seems to be an accomplished French-Canadian photographer from Quebec. It's a shame that someone like that would steal your image, especially after the "the nice people at the motel in St. George" were so generous to give you that tip on where and when to capture such a magical photo.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Hmm, interesting.  My now "former girlfriend" shared the picture with me to post, apparently she shared it with others too....

Now going to school in Austria (or is it Australia?  Razz ), but I'll probably see her in the fall.
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:
bobtcat2 wrote:St Mary's would have a better chance in the NCAA bubble mix without the triple bye.  Need more wins.

They need QUALITY wins. Adding a Q3 win over USD would do nothing for them.

Yeah probably- might help to beat BYU. I think they're more deserving than a lot of teams that will get in, but the lack of good wins will probably keep them out.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:59 pm

Marcus is an Honorable Mention for the second season in a row:

2018-19 All-WCC Men's Basketball Major Individual Honors

Player of the Year: Rui Hachimura, Gonzaga
Coach of the Year: Mark Few, Gonzaga
Defensive Player of the Year: Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga
Newcomer of the Year: Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga

2018-19 All-WCC Men's Basketball First Team

James Batemon Sr. G LMU
Yoeli Childs Jr. F BYU
Brandon Clarke Jr. F Gonzaga
Frankie Ferrari Sr. G San Francisco
Jordan Ford Jr. G Saint Mary's
Rui Hachimura Jr. F Gonzaga
Zach Norvell So. G Gonzaga
Josh Perkins Sr. G Gonzaga
Isaiah Pineiro  Sr. F San Diego
Colbey Ross So. G Pepperdine

2018-19 All-WCC Men's Basketball Second Team

Tahj Eaddy So. G Santa Clara
Malik Fitts So. F Saint Mary's
TJ Haws Jr. G BYU
Charles Minlend So. G San Francisco
Olin Carter III Sr. G San Diego

2018-19 All-WCC Men's Basketball Freshman Team

Gavin Baxter F BYU
Dameane Douglas G/F LMU
Kessler Edwards F Pepperdine
Filip Petrusev F Gonzaga
Trey Wertz G Santa Clara

2018-19 WCC Men's Basketball Honorable Mention Selections

Kameron Edwards, Pepperdine; Roberto Gallinat, Pacific; Mattias Markusson, LMU; Marcus Shaver Jr., Portland; Jahlil Tripp, Pacific; Josip Vrankic, Santa Clara; Isaiah Wright, San Diego
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11391
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodless 2.0 Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:19 pm

This
|
|
\/

blacksheep wrote: How about a PN Vegas weekend when we don't have to watch any games?  It would include the same level of debauchery without the depression!

Woodless 2.0
Woodless 2.0
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2015-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Woodless 2.0 wrote:This
 |
 |
\/

blacksheep wrote: How about a PN Vegas weekend when we don't have to watch any games?  It would include the same level of debauchery without the depression!

Count me in!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:58 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Marcus is an Honorable Mention for the second season in a row
I'm pretty sure the WCC gives every team at least an Honorable Mention selection if none of their players have received a first or second team pick.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Tourney power rankings: wcc-power-rankings-west-coast-conference-tournament

Three guesses who is number one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:03 am

up7587 wrote:I assume you are saying that Few is moving his death star into position.  If BYU is Alderaan, does that make us Jawas?

I should probably admit that I know enough about Star Wars to have heard of the Imperial Death March, but not enough to know what any of your reply means.

As for tonight...how did a team that swept USF end up in the 7/10 game? Part of the blame goes to the unbalanced schedule I guess, USD had to play all of the top four teams twice and LMU skipped games against SMC and USF. Tough matchup, go Pilots.

Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 am

USD would of been in better shape if they hadn't lost to PU twice.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:26 am

Ah, to be 20 again.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:As for tonight...how did a team that swept USF end up in the 7/10 game? Part of the blame goes to the unbalanced schedule I guess, USD had to play all of the top four teams twice and LMU skipped games against SMC and USF. Tough matchup, go Pilots.
Great point here, Dean. This unbalanced schedule is creating really unfair outcomes in the standings and tourney seeding, just so that Gonzaga could play North Alabama instead of the Pilots. I'd be pretty upset if I were USD. Of course that is all irrelevant to the Pilots, who played the easiest schedule and still couldn't win a single game.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Regarding the USD game, the Toreros are favored by 13 points in a 73-60 prediction. Betters are taking the points about 44%, and 70% like the over(?!). Nobody is taking the Pilots straight up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:13 pm

In the opening game, UOP had a great defensive plan on Colbey Ross, got him in foul trouble, and looked good in the 1st half. But they made lots of mistakes in the 2nd half, and lost to PU for the first time this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:29 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:
Dean Murdoch wrote:As for tonight...how did a team that swept USF end up in the 7/10 game? Part of the blame goes to the unbalanced schedule I guess, USD had to play all of the top four teams twice and LMU skipped games against SMC and USF. Tough matchup, go Pilots.
Great point here, Dean. This unbalanced schedule is creating really unfair outcomes in the standings and tourney seeding, just so that Gonzaga could play North Alabama instead of the Pilots. I'd be pretty upset if I were USD. Of course that is all irrelevant to the Pilots, who played the easiest schedule and still couldn't win a single game.

It'll even out over the years- which is unfortunate since the Pilots probably had their easiest schedule this year.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:07 pm

bobtcat2 wrote:It'll even out over the years- which is unfortunate since the Pilots probably had their easiest schedule this year.
scratch Explain please...

You don't think UP will start out next season as the predicted #10 with the worst NET during WCC play?
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next