Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM

+7
Geezaldinho
VillaGorilla
NoPoNeighbor
DoubleDipper
wrv
DTLegend
PilotNut
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM Empty Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM

Post by PilotNut Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Coach Reveno In Studio for Portland Pilots Basketball Show Tonight on Sports 910

Fans can submit questions by calling in live at (503) 542-0910 or via Twitter using #AskCoachRev

The Portland Pilots Basketball Show will be on the air tonight from 7-8 p.m. on Sports 910 (KMTT). Head coach Eric Reveno will be in studio along with host Bill Johnson to preview the 2014-15 basketball season and recap the Pilots’ exhibition win over Concordia-Irvine on Saturday.

Listeners are encouraged to call in with questions and comments about the program to (503) 542-0910. The show will be streamed live via both Sports 910 and PortlandPilots.com. Fans can interact on Twitter using the hashtag #AskCoachRev.

The Portland Pilots Basketball Show will be aired on Sports 910 from 7-8 p.m. each Monday night throughout the basketball season barring game or travel conflicts.

Sports 910 will be the home for Portland basketball for the second year in a row. All Pilot games will be aired on the station will a 30-minute pre-game show and complete post-game show with veteran voice of the Pilots Bill Johnson back on the call.

UP Stream Link
Sports 910 Stream Link

Last edited by PilotNut on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM Empty Re: Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM

Post by DTLegend Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:40 am

Did anyone listen? I have my curling league on Mondays so I will be missing a few of these throughout the season and an update on what Rev said would be nice.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM Empty Re: Coach Rev Radio Show--Mondays, 7-8pm, Sports 910 AM

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 am

I didn't listen, had a meeting. But I found this bit of information on Pilots Courtside via Twitter:
Wally Jeter wrote:Anyone who listened to Coach Eric Reveno's radio chat tonight on 910AM might have caught the tidbit that David Carr has decided to redshirt this year due to an ACL tear he sustained in July. This is his second ACL tear during his Pilots career (one in the left, one in the right) which started way back in 2011. Carr will be bringing some much needed veteran experience to the team next year, this is ironic based on the fact that he still looks no more than 14 years old. See you next year David!
LINK

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:24 am

I listened. He did mention that Carr is redshirting.

He also did a run down of the new Pilots. Regarding Hartwich, indicated that he thought if his pace of improvement continued as it began in the first month after arriving on campus the young man would be in the NBA by the end of his carreer, but he twisted an ankle . . . apparently got off the track of rapid improvement onto a more steady improvement track. Also indicated that Hartwich is the fastest and tallest big--a legitimate seven footer in socks. Hartwich outruns the entire team on occassion, regardless of size. Taylor was described as an athletic big with some range; example given of Taylor being able to dunk in traffic. Discussed his recruiting indicating that he was not swayed in any way that Taylor was coached by Sobaka. Even indicated that he may have had some initial skepticism before seeing him play--his assesment of Taylor's abilities have proven true. Todd was described as a winner who gives an all out effort in everything he does. Tyson was described as quite the shooter who learned well but was initially in need of direction on the defensive end. Livingston is a shooter who can rebound for his size, who has good basketball sense; as has been noted before he is local from L.O. and played for former Pilot manager, now head coach of the community college in Vancouver. Reveno is pleased with this year's class. Noted that generally he had one or two players in a class who did not pick things up well but this class is without exception composed of players who can and want to learn the system, defense, etc.

Noted the hard work and conditioning of Bobby Sharp. Responded to a question about who has improved the most in the last couple of years by talking about Kevin Bailey who he described as the kind of scorer they need on the team and yet who is unselfish. Again in response to a question, suggested Wintering related well to his teammates and conceded perhaps that Wintering will affect the outcome of games along with the rest of the starting five, Pressley, Tomas, Bailey and Voldy, all of whom he considers a capable group. Noted that he anticipated Wintering's play to reflect his experience--used the word "veteran."

Suggested in response to a question about defining success that it would include an upper division finish in the conference. Noted the obvious that Gonzaga is good.

Reveno has an interesting speaking habit in responding to questions: "yeah . . .no . . .[and sometimes] I don't know . . ." thereafter. The "yeah" is apparently to acknowledge the question and perhaps indicate he understands it . . .the "no" is a partial response perhaps and the "I don't know" thereafter is part of whatever response. Those Stanford grads, particularly the coaches,  always know exactly what to say. Not that I mind. His enthusiasm is infectious. His hard work appreciated. He commented that things were looking up at the U, dicussed the building projects.

Enough already. Go Pilots.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:47 am

That was a thorough recap... and I have always chuckled at the way Rev answers questions by starting with the "yeah... no..."

Rev mentioned that they really did not scout or specifically prepare for Concordia-Irvine they way they do for regular-season opponents, which may have been a contributing factor to how close the game was.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:02 pm

up7587 wrote:I didn't listen, had a meeting. But I found this bit of information on Pilots Courtside via Twitter:
Wally Jeter wrote:Anyone who listened to Coach Eric Reveno's radio chat tonight on 910AM might have caught the tidbit that David Carr has decided to redshirt this year due to an ACL tear he sustained in July.
True, he is redshirting....that is not a newsflash as we've written about it on PN....but his redshirting does NOT necessarily mean he'll be back at UP next year.  That is a decision the coaches are, for now, letting David make.  Talking to David, his return is not a sure bet!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:46 pm

David knows just how much effort would be required to make it back to playing form. I find it hard to believe that he would, once he has some time to think about it, decide to go through that again, for 1 year of eligibility, when he could be buried on the bench behind Wintering, Pressley and the newcomers... plus he recently got married and will graduate in the spring.

I wish David the best, and would love to see him play again, but I just don't see him coming back next year. pale Time will tell...

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:25 am

Don't forget to listen in again tonight at 7PM PST...

Listeners are encouraged to call in with questions and comments about the program to (503) 542-0910. The show will be streamed live via both Sports 910 and PortlandPilots.com. Fans can interact and ask questions via Twitter using the hashtag #AskCoachRev.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:38 pm

I see that X-C Coach Rob Connor will be on the program this evening giving us a preview of the NCAA Championships this coming weekend....knowing Rob, Coach Reveno will never get a word in. Razz

If Rev does get some time to speak, I think he'll say the team's inability to convert/finish off the well executed high percentage inside offense really put the pressure on the back court to come through....and come through they did by taking care of the ball, defending the 3-point shot, limiting San Jose State's rebounds, and forcing turnovers.  

Really, it was quite an accomplishment to beat a group of skilled perimeter players who depend on beating you off the dribble and shooting 3’s....not an easy task without the inside game working.

The team is moving in the right direction....and it was rare non-conference road win!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Tonight's show was another good one, with Bill Johnson doing a great job asking questions and directing the conversation.

If you miss a show (including tonight's) there is an archive replay available on www.portlandpilots.com, click on Pilots Video, and then On Demand.  Tonight's show is already listed there, as is the radio replay of the SJSU game, and the video from Concordia (OR).  

The portal can also be reached here: www.portal.stretchinternet.com/up/ , and click on "On Demand"

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Tonight's program will again include Rob Connor, fresh off the team's success in Terre Haute.

And apparently there will be an assistant athletic director from bucolic Murray St. on the program to discuss the Racers.  I wouldn't take whatever he has to say as a scouting report.   Razz
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:46 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Tonight's program will again include Rob Connor, fresh off the team's success in Terre Haute.

Off topic - do they still let Conner drive the shuttle bus back and forth from the airport to UP?

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:18 pm

DeanMurdoch wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:Tonight's program will again include Rob Connor, fresh off the team's success in Terre Haute.

Off topic - do they still let Conner drive the shuttle bus back and forth from the airport to UP?
At this point, if Rob wants to drive the bus...he can drive the bus...and do just about anything else he would like to do. cheers
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:26 pm

This sounds like a good show tonight!  Everyone get your questions lined up! #AskCoachRev

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Just a reminder that the Coaches Show will be on location tonight at BWW at 7pm!  Please come on down and support the program as well as a sponsor that supports the Pilots!  Bill Johnson is back to host the show tonight, and questions can be dialed in to 503-542-0910 or on Twitter via the hastag #AskCoachRev.  

Pilot Basketball Coaches Show Hosted Live at Buffalo Wild Wings-Lloyd District Tonight!

The weekly Portland Pilots Basketball Show on Sports 910 will go on location tonight at Buffalo Wild Wings-Lloyd District. Host Bill Johnson will be joined by head coach Eric Reveno from 7-8 p.m. to recap last weekend's Challenge in Music City tournament and preview a pair of big home games this week against Portland State and Oregon State. Pilot women's basketball first-year head coach Cheryl Sorenson, coming off a big win against Utah on Saturday, will also join the program.

Pilot fans are encouraged to swing by the restaurant to take part in the live airing of the show and ask Coach Reveno questions in person. Buffalo Wild Wings-Lloyd District is located at 1200 NE Broadway Street, Suite 20 by the Lloyd Center mall in Portland. It will serve once again as the home for all Portland road game watch parties, beginning with the Dec. 17 road game at UNLV.

Listeners are encouraged to call in with questions and comments about the program to (503) 542-0910. The show will be streamed live via both Sports 910 and PortlandPilots.com. Fans can interact and ask questions via Twitter using the hashtag #AskCoachRev.

The Portland Pilots Basketball Show will be aired on Sports 910 from 7-8 p.m. each Monday night throughout the basketball season barring game or travel conflicts.

Sports 910 is the home of Portland basketball for the second year in a row. All Pilot games will be aired on the station will a 30-minute pre-game show and complete post-game coverage.

The Pilots have opened the season with a 5-1 record after winning two of three games last weekend in Nashville. Portland and Portland State (4-1) meet on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Chiles Center, while the Oregon State Beavers visit Portland on Saturday at 7 p.m. Tickets are still available for both games through all Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.TicketMaster.com, or through the Pilot Box Office (503) 943-7525.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:31 pm

wrv wrote:Reveno has an interesting speaking habit in responding to questions: "yeah . . .no . . .[and sometimes] I don't know . . ." thereafter. The "yeah" is apparently to acknowledge the question and perhaps indicate he understands it . . .the "no" is a partial response perhaps and the "I don't know" thereafter is part of whatever response. Those Stanford grads, particularly the coaches,  always know exactly what to say. Not that I mind. His enthusiasm is infectious. His hard work appreciated. He commented that things were looking up at the U, dicussed the building projects.

Enough already. Go Pilots.
Rev must be indoctrinating his assistants. In tonight's post-game interview with Coach Pfaff, he started his answer to a question with "yeah, yeah, no". Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:50 pm

I noticed Thomas did it, too. jocolor

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:08 pm

I missed the first half of the radio show. Was there any report on Bailey's foot?

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:12 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:I missed the first half of the radio show. Was there any report on Bailey's foot?

Rev said anywhere from day to day to more like week to week. He's just been cleared to get on the bike.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Not from his radio show, but Rev commented on Twitter about an article titled "Why Success Takes More Than Passion" that had conclusions like:
Watching a lot of TV doesn’t qualify you to produce a new reality show.
Attending conferences doesn’t qualify you to be a keynote speaker.
The feeling that you’re called to lead a church doesn’t necessarily mean you’re qualified to do it.

He added the following RT comment:
@CoachReveno wrote:Should add that watching a lot of basketball does not qualify you to coach. I get the calls too...

OK, which one of you called him?   Suspect

Link: success-takes-more-than-passion

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:51 pm

If he got some of the calls his life would be easier.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 pm

It is my understanding that after practicing at Bryce's Jesuit High School in Sacramento tomorrow the Pilots will head to Las Vegas.....and the radio show will go on as usual at 7 PM from the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

Get your question ready and TWEET!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Wha???

Did he say we are adding two teams to the conference?

It didn't sound like past tense.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:35 pm

I think Bill Johnson has been reading PN!  Cool  Hi Bill!!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:Wha???

Did he say we are adding two teams to the conference?

It didn't sound like past tense.

I caught that, too... I assume he was referring to the addition of BYU and Pacific when trying to compare to the previous year results (they had mentioned 1995).

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next