Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larry Williams on Sports Business Radio

+3
MesaPilot1
pilotram
Stonehouse
7 posters

Go down

Larry Williams on Sports Business Radio Empty Larry Williams on Sports Business Radio

Post by Stonehouse Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Not sure what the best forum for this is... but lots of interesting stuff in here. Larry Williams was on Sports Business Radio this weekend... lots of talk about budget, scheduling, the challenges of hiring/retaining coaches, etc:

http://www.portlandpilots.com/documents/2009/11/24/2009_11_21_4.mp3?id=3002
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Larry Williams on Sports Business Radio Empty Re: Larry Williams on Sports Business Radio

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Hey, with Geezer doing all the heavy lifting, his job's a snap! Razz

Good interview! Larry is a great asset to UP. Plus, he said he'd bring back football if he won the Powerball! Laughing Pretty sure I will ever see that day come.

Back to top Go down

Larry Williams on Sports Business Radio Empty Re: Larry Williams on Sports Business Radio

Post by pilotram Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Saw a good discussion yesterday on another college board about how for small schools, starting a football program can be a huge financial risk. Obviously everyone would like to have one, but....
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Nice Post Stonehouse, I have to commend you and the Geez for keeping us uptodate on UP as a whole. I've noticed some of the newer guys and less frequent posters are helping you guys with the heavy lifting. Isn't it nice to see the participation grow.

Twisted Evil Mesa can begin to sit back on his throne and just be his usual bipolar self confused . I luv PN and yes Pilotnut I am going to get my shirts but I'm so lazy I'll probably just pick them up when I'm in PDX in January. If their not all gone ....

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:39 pm

coldsmokeCO wrote:Saw a good discussion yesterday on another college board about how for small schools, starting a football program can be a huge financial risk. Obviously everyone would like to have one, but....
The Pilots already have two great football teams. I don't want or need another. Then again, if a big name like, say, Jerry Glanville has an interest in building the Pilots from the ground up, who knows...
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:42 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:Then again, if a big name like, say, Jerry Glanville has an interest in building the Pilots from the ground up, who knows...

lol!

Did you mean "from the ground up" or "into the ground"?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:57 pm

Hey! Could ND transfer Charlie Weis here and avoid paying his buyout? All in the Holy Cross family! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:26 pm

That is, of course, assuming Larry would want him...but I am pretty sure he could do better.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:12 pm

A great listen, when you have a few minutes.

I liked Larry's commitment to seeing us in the NCAA tourney... Twisted Evil

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:07 pm

PilotNut wrote:A great listen, when you have a few minutes.

I liked Larry's commitment to seeing us in the NCAA tourney... Larry Williams on Sports Business Radio Icon_twisted

No time like the present. Let's make it happen this year. We might not have a backcourt this good again for a while.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down