Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On campus update: possible explanation for Michelle O injury

4 posters

Go down

On campus update: possible explanation for Michelle O injury Empty On campus update: possible explanation for Michelle O injury

Post by DJ Sherman Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:53 am

Not too long, substantial, or even potentially that important an update, but I figured I would use my on campus presence to report a observation and I believe I have read grumblings about the lack of soccer this time of year.

Michelle Olivier has been seen around campus on crutches recovering from Compartment syndrome surgery, essentially, her calf was too big for her ligaments, for more info. study Maybe this caused or was a symptom of her earlier trouble.
The good news is she said she'll be ready for the spring games. cheers
DJ Sherman
DJ Sherman
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

On campus update: possible explanation for Michelle O injury Empty Re: On campus update: possible explanation for Michelle O injury

Post by golaso Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:54 pm

I remember seeing something about Logan Emory on the men's team having a similar surgery. I'm not quite sure if the calf being too big for the ligaments is quite right though...from a medical standpoint. Let's hope its not too serious...

golaso
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

On campus update: possible explanation for Michelle O injury Empty Re: On campus update: possible explanation for Michelle O injury

Post by mattywizz Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm too lazy to read the full wiki article, so I just asked my wife about it. Good thing this was caught, otherwise it could have been a serious problem. She explained it as a swelling issue, usually a symptom following a break. But it shouldn't be an issue moving forward.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:00 pm

DJ Sherman wrote:
Michelle Olivier has been seen around campus on crutches recovering from Compartment syndrome surgery, essentially, her calf was too big for her ligaments, for more info. study Maybe this caused or was a symptom of her earlier trouble.
The good news is she said she'll be ready for the spring games. cheers

Danielle Foxhoven had similar surgery last spring, as did Amanda Frisbie last summer. Both came out of it better than ever.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11804
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

On campus update: possible explanation for Michelle O injury Empty 2/11 Update from Campus

Post by DJ Sherman Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:07 pm

I talked with Michelle today; she said had been running so things seem to be on schedule! cheers
DJ Sherman
DJ Sherman
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down