Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

michelle enyeart's injury

+15
PilotNut
PurplePrideTrumpet
UPSoccerFanatic
onetouchfutbol
purple haze
FANatic
Geezaldinho
FSUfan
GUPhantom
SoreKnees
Harry Redknapp
mattywizz
aleppiek
pms275
fozziewozzie
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

michelle enyeart's injury Empty michelle enyeart's injury

Post by fozziewozzie Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:55 pm

i hope i am wrong, but as i have said, this injury doesnt look good at all. as a fan of all sports, ive seen this kind of hit in american football an the results were not good. no, im not a pessimist, just a realist.
please, those of you in know, let the rest of us know asap. im pretty confident we all love michelle to no end, but the waiting is making my now forming ulcer even larger.

go pilots!!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

michelle enyeart's injury Empty Re: michelle enyeart's injury

Post by pms275 Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:41 pm

I DVR'd the game, and it looked worse in person than it did on TV, but the fact that the knee appeared to collapse when she put weight on it trying to leave the field concerned me. It looked a little like a hyperextension as she was caught with her leg straight, but who knows.

I don't think that her condition will be released by the university because of confidentiality of student medical records, so it will be something we have to pick up through the grapevine.

My hope is that this is something she will recover from and will be able to resume her career. My hunch is that Portland will have to go on without her in the playoffs.
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Take it for what it is... but returning to my seat after halftime. I overheard someone who was walking with one of the trainers talking on her cell phone and saying something about ACL. My wife and I just looked at each other and shook our heads.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:16 am

Aleppiek, I think you missed the end of that conversation. They were talking about the upcoming American Civil Liberties Union meeting, not Michelle's knee.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:16 am

I sure hope that is the case...
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:23 am

It would be a horrible end to ME's wonderful college career if that was a season-ending injury.

And a big blow to the Pilots heading onto the playoffs.

It did not look good. She stayed down for a very long time; she was holding her head in her hands; she appeared to buckle once she finally got up; and had to be carried from the field.

Missing games next weekend would not be too bad; I'd hope UP could manage the first two rounds without her if necessary: but any longer than that is a real blow for the team, as well as for Michelle.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:06 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:And a big blow to the Pilots heading onto the playoffs.

And the fourth year in a row heading into the playoffs without a super-star offensive player. With Megan's two lost years and Michelle at the World Cup last year, we haven't been at full strength in the playoffs since 2005.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:22 am

I hoping that "no news is good news" and the worse of her injury is a hyperextention or sprain...versus a fully blown knee or ACL tear. I'm crossing my fingers that its something a couple of weeks (through the early rounds)... she can recover from and play again. Her contributions will be desparately missed!

Michelle is the tip of the spear for the Pilot's attack. She's (by far) had the most 1on1 versus Goalies....a signature of her play! Her attack speed has been vital and a major factor in softening defenses which allows other teammates (Dani, Sophie and Kendra in particular) to find space in the in the box, create opportunities or cleanup Michelle's first chances.

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by FSUfan Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Well wishes your way Pilots!

FSUfan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:05 pm

FSUfan wrote:Well wishes your way Pilots!

Thanks, FSU fan. there's still lots of great soccer for both teams. good luck in the tournament.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by FSUfan Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:
FSUfan wrote:Well wishes your way Pilots!

Thanks, FSU fan. there's still lots of great soccer for both teams. good luck in the tournament.

I am always rooting for the Pilots, great coach, team and fan base. Also, your pitch has to be one of the best in the land.

FSUfan
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:57 pm

WARNING: EXTREMELY NEGATIVE REPLY POSTED HERE. IF YOU ARE IN A GOOD MOOD CURRENTLY, IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT YOU SKIP THIS ONE.

From the Pilots, "no news is good news", does not apply.

It's "no news is standard procedure". Unless you have an inside source, you will never know what's wrong with Michelle.

Unless Michelle herself makes it public.

With injuries and national team call-ups, I'm starting to wonder if it is worth getting excited about this team anymore.

And what's with all the knee injuries year after year?

Medical science tells us that because of body architecture, women are going to have more knee injuries than men. Perhaps the increased physical nature of the women's game is becoming a primary cause of these knee injuries.

Maybe the NCAA might consider a mandate to the referee's organizations that hard tackles and other knee bending physical contact can no longer be tolerated in the women's game. Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming.

Guess I'll watch the Blazers game tonight. Maybe I'll see Oden wreck his knee again. Or perhaps Roy. Hey, maybe LaMarcus. (Hope not!)

We could look forward to next season and the probable calling up of 4 or maybe 5 players, what with all the Junior National Teams' tournaments, World Cups, etc., being played in the fall.

Happy Day everyone! silent
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:51 pm

i didnt want to say it at this original post, but i truly believe michelle's injury is an acl if not more. her cleats were planted when the keeper hit her just below the knee. it wasnt a dirty shot, just unfortunate for michelle an us.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:58 pm

The injured person (not just the injured player) deserves our positive thoughts. The reality will become known soon enough. All the rest is speculation.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Fanatic...No giving up here! Smile

National team call-ups are always going to be a part of a top-tier program with talented players. It can be frustrating, but this team does seem to handle it well in regard to substitutions.

But, when it comes to knee injuries, most of the time, it's not always contact that causes an ACL tear. Most often it's something as simple as making a cut and something pops or a cleat gets stuck when making a cut.
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:06 pm

I feel bad for Michelle, but, soccer will always be a physical sport. We played a lot of teams like Colorado College who were smaller than us who we could have easily injured with a few tackles too.

We're deep. No excuses.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:43 pm

Let's also remember, as positive thoughts for Michelle, that if it is an ACL, they usually are repairable these days with a full recovery and ability to play at the very highest level of soccer. Whatever the immediate trauma, she still can look forward to a likely very successful soccer career.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:22 pm

i am confident, regardless of michelle's injury that she will have a very long an productive career. the santa clara game televisived by fox soccer channel, tiffeny said that michelle was her favorite player on this u of p team an would love to have her as a teammate. high praise indeed!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:51 pm

You can't share news that probably isn't medically validated. The Pilot's athletic department is one of the best...but probably isn't equipped with the any of the Diagnostic Imaging instruments necessary to confirm any damage internally. Since Michelle was injured Friday evening...she probably will have to wait over the weekend before she can have an MRI, X-ray, get scoped or seen by a physician.

When the team came out at halftime, they were relaxed and in good spirits. I took that as a hopeful sign that Michelle was well. Maybe they didn't know more about her than we did at that point? But, clearly...the team's attitude was encouraging in that they did not seem to be affected by the situation as we (fans) were. They were still focused and thinking ahead in closing out their business against USD and wrapping up the WCC championship! With or without Michelle, I think this team's positive attitude, focus and confidence....carries them toward's the next big prize!

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:27 pm

FANatic wrote: From the Pilots, "no news is good news", does not apply.

It's "no news is standard procedure". Unless you have an inside source, you will never know what's wrong with Michelle.
This.
FANatic wrote: With injuries and national team call-ups, I'm starting to wonder if it is worth getting excited about this team anymore.

We could look forward to next season and the probable calling up of 4 or maybe 5 players, what with all the Junior National Teams' tournaments, World Cups, etc., being played in the fall.
FANatic,

This sounds like something I would say to another supporter after the game, so think of this as the virtual pub. Wink

I think it is very much worth it. Think about all the great games we have seen from the Pilots. Think of all the players who are pure class on and off the field. I don't think anyone should give up on the Pilots at this point. Besides, like a very smart man said at the end of this Timbers season, "I didn't sign up for silverware. I signed up for the ride." There is nothing in the world like supporting the Pilots.

I think you are going through something every supporter goes through when times are tough. Thing is, it's not supposed to be easy to support a team. There are going to be bad times, maybe a lot of them. But think how great the good times will feel.

Let me go on a Pilot basketball tangent. I have been following Pilot basketball for at least 15 years. There were seasons as a UP student I can remember thinking, "Well, maybe we could finish somewhere other than last place. Maybe we could win a conference tournament game. Maybe we will stay close against Gonzaga this year." Any of those would have been quite an accomplishment. And now we're talking about going after UCLA? Making a run at the Zags? Are you kidding me? However this season turns out for Pilot basketball I KNOW it will be worth all the years that went before.

Back to soccer: The Pilots are still in the running for the College Cup. Losing someone like Michelle is tough, but the Pilots will still go all out to the end like we both know they will. They will not be eliminated until someone beats them, and not many teams have beat the Pilots recently. I think there will be a lot more fantastic soccer to see out of the Pilots this year and in the future. Chin up! We won WCC title #11. We are on 21 straight conference wins. This is the year: College Cup #3!

Don't stop believing!
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Thanks, PPT. You are, of course, absolutely correct.

Your understanding and calm tone is really what I need right now. Guess I should be ashamed of myself really. And my heart really bleeds for Michelle. She has had injury issues earlier in her Pilots career.

I know we have a great, deep team. But she is one of our top 3 offensive threats. I guess we'll learn more about the character, heart and quality depth of the team as the play-offs progress.

To be honest with you, PPT, I have had a very difficult last few days personally. That is most likely the root of my negativity.

I won't really ever give up on my favorite sports team. As time passes I always fall in love with them all over again. That's why I like recruiting talk so much.

Thanks for the help up off the ground.

FAN
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:22 pm

And you are right, pms268. There can be no giving up here!

And everyone else, you've all made great points. (As I've come to expect from the wonderful folks on this board.)

And most of all, all the best to Michelle and her recovery. She has a great future ahead of her. No question. (And yes I am assuming it's an ACL or worse.)
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

michelle enyeart's injury Empty From the O

Post by PilotNut Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Link

Portland Pilots forward Michelle Enyeart is done for the year with a knee injury that occurred during a 2-0 win Friday against San Diego, according to a university source.

Enyeart, a senior, is fourth in school history with 50 goals scored. She ranks third in the nation with 0.67 assists per game.

The No. 2 Pilots will learn at 5 p.m. today their seeding in the NCAA Tournament when the selections are announced on ESPNews.

pale

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by HRZag Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Really, really sorry for Michelle. I think the team will be ok, but I feel so badly for Michelle.

Someone posted earlier that even ACLs are routinely repaired and people go on to full recovery and activity again.

Well, some do. Some don't. The Pilots have a number of former players that have not recovered after multiple surgeries. Let's all hope Michelle is one of the fortunate ones.

Godspeed Michelle.

Good luck Pilots in the playoffs.

HRZag
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:58 pm

PilotNut wrote:Link

Portland Pilots forward Michelle Enyeart is done for the year with a knee injury that occurred during a 2-0 win Friday against San Diego, according to a university source.

Enyeart, a senior, is fourth in school history with 50 goals scored. She ranks third in the nation with 0.67 assists per game.

The No. 2 Pilots will learn at 5 p.m. today their seeding in the NCAA Tournament when the selections are announced on ESPNews.

michelle enyeart's injury Icon_pale

Very sad, but, she does have a great career ahead of her. We will still land a high seed in the tourney, and the keys to success remain the same. We need to be able to dominate the midfield and finish against the best teams in the tourney. Against Stanford, Notre Dame, UNC, UCLA and the best teams in the tourney, the team that dominates the mid-field generally seems to win the game.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next