Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game night: Pilots-Viks

3 posters

Go down

Game night: Pilots-Viks Empty Game night: Pilots-Viks

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Tonight should be an interesting game. PSU looked pretty good in their win over Washington in the Stott Center. The Viks beat the Pilots last year in post-season play.

I'm going to call Pilots by 5 now...I'll know if I'm crazy when I get there tonight at halftime and check the scoreboard!
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Game night: Pilots-Viks Empty Re: Game night: Pilots-Viks

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Wow. Pilots by 4. Very Happy

Looked like a pretty good game. PSU mounted a good run like they did against UW and almost won it, but UP made some key baskets and enough free-throws to get the W.

Not sure if the PSU fans I overheard saying "Portland's not good" after the game were referring to the men or the women, but either way I'm not sure what they're talking about.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:05 pm

I sat next to the PSU fans and they were upset with the officiating as are most losing fans. They should have been more upset at the poor shooting and passing in the first half by their team.

The Pilots kept their cool during the Viks onslaught at the end and pulled out a good win.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:07 pm

I missed the first half; got there in time to bang away for the second half, however.

As much as fans (or coaches, or players) might dislike calls by the officials, I don't believe referees can "loose" the game. After all, they're not competing.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:36 pm

PilotDrummer wrote:Wow. Pilots by 4. Very Happy
You're pretty good, but if not for that late PSU run you would have been waaaaaay off. :face:

PilotDrummer wrote:Looked like a pretty good game. PSU mounted a good run like they did against UW and almost won it, but UP made some key baskets and enough free-throws to get the W.
Quite a few strong games from the newer players. Gannis was tremendous tonight and came out firing. The Pilots used a bench of two, Natalie Day and Nakiesha Brown, and they both came up big. Brown is quite the shooter.

PilotDrummer wrote:Not sure if the PSU fans I overheard saying "Portland's not good" after the game were referring to the men or the women, but either way I'm not sure what they're talking about.
Well, we did have 14 turnovers, so we could work on that, but it's early. Besides, they had 19. Wink
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down