Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCC Cross Country Championships this Saturday

3 posters

Go down

WCC Cross Country Championships this Saturday Empty WCC Cross Country Championships this Saturday

Post by ekrauss Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:24 am

The Athletic Department website has posted stories on seemingly every other Pilot sport, but hasn't touched on cross country yet this week. The WCC championships are tomorrow. I've heard our women's team has had some problems with injuries. LMU just might be the favorite on the women's side. On the men's side, LMU is also pretty good this year. We might have to run some of our top five to beat them. And if you check out the LMU website, they actually do have a story previewing the championship meet and they seem pretty confident and even harbor some hope of winning the men's race.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

WCC Cross Country Championships this Saturday Empty Re: WCC Cross Country Championships this Saturday

Post by pilotram Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 am

So, how many points will we win with this year?
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

WCC Cross Country Championships this Saturday Empty Re: WCC Cross Country Championships this Saturday

Post by ekrauss Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:21 am

It's hard to say because I have no idea who Coach Conner is running. If he runs the best seven runners, then we will win easily with 20 or fewer points. If he runs none of the team's top four, then we could lose the meet and have trouble scoring under 40 points. I would guess that he would like to preserve the 30-year winning streak and at least run a couple of our top runners.

ekrauss
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:18 pm

How many weeks off before nationals? Do the guys NEED the rest or does he do it to give other guys a chance to win?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:30 pm

mattywizz wrote:How many weeks off before nationals? Do the guys NEED the rest or does he do it to give other guys a chance to win?
Regionals is most likely two weeks away. Most likely, he'll hold out the front four (remember the five spot has been up in the air).
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about regionals. That's the big one for qualifying for nationals.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:20 pm

mattywizz wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot about regionals. That's the big one for qualifying for nationals.
Yea you kinda have to run that first.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Are you saying I'm not good enough because I'm not a runner?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:31 pm

mattywizz wrote:Are you saying I'm not good enough because I'm not a runner?
You're not? I always thought of you as one.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down