Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumors about Nate Jaqua coming to Sounders FC...

+7
Stonehouse
ragingplatapus49
Auto Pilot
DaTruRochin
PurplePrideTrumpet
ohhh_yeah
onetouchfutbol
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Rumors about Nate Jaqua coming to Sounders FC... - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors about Nate Jaqua coming to Sounders FC...

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:According to Ticketmaster, kickoff is at 7 pm on the 20th. Tickets on sale 11 am Feb. 2d.

Maybe I'm worrying too much, but how quickly do you think they can build a Latin America-style moat and fence on the Chiles Center side? Just sayin'. Wink

Nice. That will be a big game.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Rumors about Nate Jaqua coming to Sounders FC... - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumors about Nate Jaqua coming to Sounders FC...

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Very cool to see that familiar Portland P on the Sounders FC schedule:

http://beta.soundersfc.com/Matchday/Schedule.aspx

That will be the first time that Kasey Keller has played on that field in years...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:45 pm

I see there is no mention on their website about the Argentina games.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 pm

As far as I know all of the Argentina teams are still to be announced. Here's a link:

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3769719

The teams managers go there for team exposure and to look at talent as much as anything. The USL Sounders were also there recently, and they did surprisingly well. The managers of the team really will scour the earth looking for talent, and really pulled a bit of a coup to sign the Columbian, Freddy Montero.

I'll let you know if I hear any other news though. Are you planning a trip there soon?
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:03 pm

I won't go during the time span on the link you gave. Thanks though. I'd still like to know details when tey come out.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Rumor has it that the Seattle chapter of the UP alumni club now has many tickets for the Sounders FC opener on 3/19/09.... Twisted Evil

Last edited by athleticjames on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Sounders FC won their exhibition opener over the LA Galaxy 3-1.

http://beta.soundersfc.com/Social/Sounders-FC-Insider.aspx?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a133057d0-e5d9-4688-bf5e-269d98ae27f7Post%3a8fdd9f26-8213-4b23-b35c-ad8cd29f7237&plckCommentSortOrder=TimeStampAscending

The chemistry between Jaqua and Freddy Montero has been noted frequently on the website.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:48 pm

A nice article on Jaqua:

http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Articles/2009/02-February/Jaqua-at-Home.aspx
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:17 pm

PurpleGeezer: I thought that you might like these photos of the USL Sounders' trip to Argentina. It looks like they may have played the Boca Juniors on the trip. I know that they were undefeated and Nyassi played exceptionally well:

http://goalseattle.com/photos/Argentina2008gallery/slides/Argentina%202008%20036.html
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 pm

WOW! great pics. It got me looking at the calendar to see when I can go back. I see Boca Stadium has its scoreboard back. It didn't exist last Spring.

Tops on my list fo next time is El Monumental (Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti - River Plate's stadium, and the National Stadium) It was closed for renovations last year, so I had to traipse around to their away games to see them play. I grew up about 2 miles from the Stadium and used to bike over there when I was a kid. Kids got in for 2 pesos back then (about 6¢). Imagine an 8 year old kid doing that now...
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Yeah, unfortunately the only parts of South America I've been to are Cusco, Peru and Machu Pichu in 1999. I'm dying to go back and make another trip. So, you speak Spanish then, PurpleGeezer? How old were you when you moved to the states?

It's easy to get spoiled by soccer in Argentina...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 pm

La respuesta de su pregunta es - Sí, Puedo defenderme en la lengua.

Yo tenía casi diez años cuando mis padres se trasladaron a los Estados Unidos
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:09 pm

"Yes, I stand on the tongue"??? Is Google translator messing with me? That would hurt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:42 pm

up7587 wrote:"Yes, I stand on the tongue"??? Is Google translator messing with me? That would hurt!

"yes, I can defend myself in the language", might be a better way to look at the phrase. Razz

sometimes The Google translator doesn't do that well with idioms.

Babelfish does a little better with "I can be defended in the language" but it's still not quite there. You wouldn't want Babelfish to evaluate your playing skills if it did them like that.

That was a problem last year with the Marta spoof. I had to write even worse Portuguese than I am capable of so that the translator would yield phrases that made a little sense. Anyone who knew Portuguese would have seen it in a minute, but I gambled correctly that Pilotnation didn't have anyone.

In a couple of cases, I tried to make it spit out funnier translations. I knew that "soap opera" was a telenovela in Portuguese and that it would translate correctly, but I didn't use that word so that it would spit out "operas of the soap".

Last edited by Purplegeezer on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Jajajajajaa... Yo entendi. Estaba la idioma de futbol. (It was Spanish...the language of soccer.)
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Its kind of like drinking absenthe with Hemingway. It sounds plausible but how do you prove it.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:29 pm

PurpleG.--

The Argentina schedule has finally taken shape:

http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Articles/2009/02-February/Argentina-Update.aspx
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:33 pm

If those guys need a porter or translator on their next trip, let me know.

I have VERY reasonable rates.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Me gustaria hacer lo mismo aunque los afficionado de los Timbers van a decir que estamos vendiendo nuestros almas al diablo.

I would like to do the same although Portland Timbers fans are going to say that we are selling our souls to the devil. Twisted Evil
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Argentina highlights...

http://www.soundersfc.com/media-library/Videos/Features/2009/02-February/090227-Estudiantes.aspx

These can be very...slow to load up.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Two wins and a tie in Argentina:

http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Articles/2009/03-March/Tristan-Suarez.aspx
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4