Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent St. wins @ SMC in Bracket Buster

3 posters

Go down

Kent St. wins @ SMC in Bracket Buster Empty Kent St. wins @ SMC in Bracket Buster

Post by PilotNut Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:11 pm

Wow, #20 SMC goes down 65-57 to the Kent St. Golden Flashes in Moraga. Sad I didnt realize that up until tonight, SMC was undefeated at home...

Too bad; SMC had nothing to gain, everything to lose in this game... and lost. I wouldnt want to be USD on Monday... SMC may come out and be just a tad ticked off.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Kent St. wins @ SMC in Bracket Buster Empty Re: Kent St. wins @ SMC in Bracket Buster

Post by Stonehouse Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:58 am

Even worse, Omar Samhan got hurt in the game and isn't playing tonight against USD. Sounds like he's not out for the season, but still... what an awful deal for SMC all around. Those Bracketbusters suck... all it does is hurt midmajors. Now, if they were set up so a good midmajor got to play a middle-of-the-pack BCS team... now THAT would be interesting, because those are the groups that will be battling for at larges.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Kent St. wins @ SMC in Bracket Buster Empty Re: Kent St. wins @ SMC in Bracket Buster

Post by Rochin54 Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:27 am

yea, the formula isn't quite right for the bracket-busters. Like you note, the folks competing for at-large bids are the second/third place teams in mid-major conferences against those 6, 7, and 8th(!) place teams from the major conferences. These are the teams that should be playing against each other. But, of course, this will never happen because those middle-of-the-road BCS teams would rather bank on their conference getting them into the tourney than their actual play against a mid-major team. But in this age of college athletics parity (particularly in basketball), the "bracket-busters" would be more true to their name if they were set-up differently.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:53 am

Samhan's shoulder popped out of the joint during the game... ick! tongue I couldnt watch the replay. It sounds like this has happened to him before, though... I hope he can recover soon. But maybe after we play them? Wink

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down