Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots @ PSU Vikings - Tuesday Nov 28 @ 7pm

+2
Oldguyfan
DoubleDipper
6 posters

Go down

Pilots @ PSU Vikings - Tuesday Nov 28 @ 7pm Empty Pilots @ PSU Vikings - Tuesday Nov 28 @ 7pm

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:56 pm

UP is 2-2 in D1 play with good wins over Long Beach St. and UC Riverside, a bad loss to Tennessee St., and a loss to Nevada that included 191 total points!!

PSU is 4-1 in D1 games with nice wins over Air Force and UC Santa Barbara on the road followed by a three game tournament in Riverside, California that included wins over Cal Baptist and Cal Poly, and then an inexplicably bad loss to the St. Thomas Tommies of Minnesota.

KenPom: #153 PSU is favored to beat #188 UP, by 5 points with a 67% certainty of winning.

Talking to UP announcer and ex-PSU Coach Joel Sobotka, PSU is a very physical and "chippy" team that gets "under the skin" of their opponents if allowed to do so.

Last I heard, Thomas Oosterbroek is doubtful, and Noah Jordan is day-to-day, both with ankle injuries.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Snus Junction likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pilots @ PSU Vikings - Tuesday Nov 28 @ 7pm Empty Re: Pilots @ PSU Vikings - Tuesday Nov 28 @ 7pm

Post by Oldguyfan Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:38 pm

Am having difficulty, what radio station is going to carry the game (or online) for the PSU Vikings

Oldguyfan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2021-04-19

Back to top Go down

Pilots @ PSU Vikings - Tuesday Nov 28 @ 7pm Empty Re: Pilots @ PSU Vikings - Tuesday Nov 28 @ 7pm

Post by up7587 Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:13 pm

Oldguyfan wrote:Am having difficulty, what radio station is going to carry the game (or online) for the PSU Vikings

910 AM radio
https://www.audacy.com/stations/910espnportland

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:39 pm

Koroma is a BEAST so far!!!
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Snus Junction likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:55 pm

i wanna die
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Rob's Jacket and Fox Mulder like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:26 pm

3 of 18 (16.7%) on 3P tries. PSU made 10 of 26.
7-14 (50%) on FTs.

In a one-point game those numbers are hard to overcome.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by brooke_PPFan@proton.me Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:44 am

Greetings all. First post after enjoying your comments for the last year or so! Tough one last night. Free throws hurt but we didn’t take that many. All calls/ “and 1” seemed to go their way. Coach better look at the defensive stats of these guards. We are getting killed. We have a massive bench… may need some new guys rotating in just to see who can stop someone. Just my $.02

brooke_PPFan@proton.me
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2023-11-20

mikemac65 and Dean Murdoch like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:42 am

brooke_PPFan@proton.me wrote: We have a massive bench… may need some new guys rotating in just to see who can stop someone. Just my $.02
We all saw it was a spectacular game for T-Rob and Ali, and despite not being too much of an offensive threat, Tyler H. was wonderful in transition after gathering a number of rebounds.

To me the key to UP's fatigue and poor shooting in the second half was V's early foul trouble which necessitated everyone else, especially Ali, playing way more minutes than the staff intended...T-Rob played 39 minutes, which Legs has said on many occasions, is not ideal.

So, the rest of the rotation: Bol played less than a minute and found the Vikings were much too quick for him. Juanse also found the PSU guards to be big and quick. Noah, not considered a great offensive threat, did not score but contributed with a bunch of rebounds and assists in his 10 minutes. And finally, Ali, who played the game of his Pilots life, so far.

Who else is on the bench? Only Thomas Oosterbroek, who was injured and not available.

Yuto, Vince, Jude, Cyp, and Kelson are all redshirting, and walk-ons Coleman, Drew, and Andrew are terrific members of the "scout team," but are not considered skilled enough to contribute on the court at game time.

From my perspective, the Pilots played their hearts out, but PSU was a tough match-up... but still, the Pilots woulda, coulda, shoulda won except for their well-documented poor shooting performance and tired legs on defense in the second half.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Dean Murdoch and Snus Junction like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:46 am

There were a couple of times where it felt like they could have all but slammed the door shut. Can't lie, this one really hurt to lose it the way they did.

Good recap, DD. I did have a laugh at the Pilots bench with the gray sweatsuit army of redshirts extending almost all the way to the exit doors!
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Fox Mulder likes this post

Back to top Go down