Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lewis and Clark @ Pilots, Wednesday 11/8, 6:00pm

4 posters

Go down

Lewis and Clark @ Pilots, Wednesday 11/8, 6:00pm Empty Lewis and Clark @ Pilots, Wednesday 11/8, 6:00pm

Post by up7587 Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:00 am

This game is listed as an exhibition for L&C and will be their first contest. The D-III Pioneers are not tall, 6'8" is the biggest guy on the roster. Hopefully the Pilots will use this game to get Gorosito and Austin on track with their shooting, and get floor time for more players. I'd be happy if T-Rob played less than 20 minutes.

Last year's game was an 89-62 UP win. Vucinic got 18 points in 19 minutes. Two of the three leading scorers for L&C are not on this year's roster. Only their big Sebastian DePrez (6'8", 230#) returns.

Go Pilots.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2021-06-10

DoubleDipper and Maske like this post

Back to top Go down

Lewis and Clark @ Pilots, Wednesday 11/8, 6:00pm Empty Re: Lewis and Clark @ Pilots, Wednesday 11/8, 6:00pm

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:54 am

DoubleDipper wrote:.....against Lewis & Clark, I think we'll see Juanse, Chris, Bol, and Noah get more minutes to work on their game and perhaps the first appearance of Thomas Oosterbroek and Yuto Yamanouchi-Williams, although he was not in uniform last night, and also all the walk-ons who are not redshirting.
I'm told that despite his talent and playing a year at Lamar U., Yuto will find it difficult to work into the rotation this season and will likely redshirt.

Thomas, a Miami transfer, was injured during practice and may have to sit a few more games, making it difficult for him have a chance of getting a lot of minutes moving forward.

Because Legs has a tradition of redshirting freshmen, I think we have to assume that Cyp Hyde, Jude Harris, Vince Delano (on scholarship), and Kelson Gebbers will redshirt.

(BTW, when Tyler Harris started the game against LBSU on Monday, it was apparently the first time Legs has ever started a freshman during his time as a head coach at UP and earlier at EWSU  Shocked ).
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Lewis and Clark @ Pilots, Wednesday 11/8, 6:00pm Empty Re: Lewis and Clark @ Pilots, Wednesday 11/8, 6:00pm

Post by up7587 Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:07 am

I wondered why Yuto and Thomas were not in uniform Monday. Thanks.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:06 am

Remember, tonight's game, and many of this season's games, is at 6pm.

Which means the Pilot Club will open at 5pm...and although it is Wednesday, I think will be "Taco Tuesday" on the mezzanine tonight.  Razz
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:40 pm

Last time I looked at the scoreboard, the Pilots had 20 turnovers...

Sure, that's way too many, but in my view, they were exuberant/having fun with your teammates turnovers, which can be corrected.

L&C was good, if not tall or physical, and they made some very nice shots from inside and outside.

Without the turnovers, the score would have been much different, but the guys had fun...and those kind of turnovers can be corrected with a more disciplined approach.

Go Pilots!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Last time I looked at the scoreboard, the Pilots had 20 turnovers...

Sure, that's way too many, but in my view, they were exuberant/having fun with your teammates turnovers, which can be corrected.

L&C was good, if not tall or physical, and they made some very nice shots from inside and outside.

Without the turnovers, the score would have been much different, but the guys had fun...and those kind of turnovers can be corrected with a more disciplined approach.

Go Pilots!

I’d rather they didn’t have so much fun against D1 opponents.

It seemed like a case of playing down to your opponents.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:43 pm

The good: T-Harris continues to fill the stat line; Chris A. got his game together; and Noah Jordan broke out with a double-double.
The bad: T-Rob struggled from 3P; Gorosito still not scoring.
The ugly: turnovers got worse.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:56 pm

Post-radio with Chris: https://vocaroo.com/1cCbGRBz7mxK
Post-radio with Coach Legans (gets interrupted a bit in the middle because computer issues bounce ): https://vocaroo.com/1c0KYvPQqXDp
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Geezaldinho likes this post

Back to top Go down