Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots vs Lewis and Clark, Friday at 7PM

4 posters

Go down

Pilots vs Lewis and Clark, Friday at 7PM Empty Pilots vs Lewis and Clark, Friday at 7PM

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:28 pm

No TV
Radio: 910 ESPN
Live Video: theW.tv

From the preview on PortlandPilots.com:
ABOUT LEWIS & CLARK
The Pioneers (0-1) are a member of the Division III Northwest Conference and dropped their regular season opener to NAIA's No. 17-ranked Warner Pacific by a 94-93 margin on Tuesday. The Pios trailed by 19 points in the second half and came all the way back to take the lead in the closing minutes before falling short. Lewis & Clark previously dropped a 96-65 exhibition at Seattle Pacific last week. The Pios return four of their top five scorers from last year led by Cannen Roberson (15.0 ppg) and Markel Leonard (9.9 ppg). Roberson and Kyle Owens each scored 16 points in the opener as six Pioneer players reached double figures. Head coach Dinari Foreman begins his sixth season at the school after the Pios finished last year with a 10-14 overall record and 6-10 mark in NWC play. Lewis & Clark was picked to finish sixth in the NWC Preseason Poll.

Back to top Go down

Pilots vs Lewis and Clark, Friday at 7PM Empty Re: Pilots vs Lewis and Clark, Friday at 7PM

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:11 pm

With absolutely nothing of substance to add to this thread, and seeing a need to add a little levity to PN, I direct your attention to the Lewis & Clark thread from November, 2012....still one of my all-time favorite threads on PilotNation.

https://www.pilotnation.net/t4903-lewis-clark-chiles-center-tuesday-11-27-700pm?highlight=Lewis+++%2Bclark
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Pilots vs Lewis and Clark, Friday at 7PM Empty Re: Pilots vs Lewis and Clark, Friday at 7PM

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:26 pm

I won't be there tonight, but GO PILOTS! Cheers!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Unlike 2012 the pilots took this year's Lewis and Clark team out behind the weird shed for a proper beating. Late in the second half the Pilots were up 52 and still doubling up the pios despite no starter playing more than 20 minutes. L and c made the game look closer than it was with a couple late threes.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:56 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:With absolutely nothing of substance to add to this thread, and seeing a need to add a little levity to PN, I direct your attention to the Lewis & Clark thread from November, 2012....still one of my all-time favorite threads on PilotNation.

https://www.pilotnation.net/t4903-lewis-clark-chiles-center-tuesday-11-27-700pm?highlight=Lewis+++%2Bclark

So, I just reread that old thread. Amazing how much we were talking about players with severe limitations as far as being all around basketball players: Rodgers, Thielke, J.Bailey.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:31 am

up7587 wrote:So, I just reread that old thread.  Amazing how much we were talking about players with severe limitations as far as being all around basketball players: Rodgers, Thielke, J.Bailey.  
With some exceptions, the quality of players on the court now vs. 4 years ago is much, much improved....but the same can be said for a number of teams.  

KenPom rates the Pilots about 80 places higher than 4 years ago, yet the Pilots are expected to now lose at least 3 games, and maybe 4, out of the next 4 games to even better opponents....

The next couple of weeks will be an interesting test for the players and coaches....and dare I say, the PilotNation faithful.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Thoughts on last night's game...

More Smoyer! Though inexperienced, I'm convinced he has better basketball instincts and skills than Hartwich and Barreno. I liked seeing him play at the PF last night, alongside Barreno. I also liked seeing him with that steal and coast-to-coast breakaway dunk!

It was the best game of Barreno's career. 14 points and 15 boards. But those numbers are really misleading, given the size and ability of the opponent. There was a play in the 2nd half that really epitomized what I've come to expect from Barreno: Pulled down a rebound, missed a wide open layup, got the ball back a few seconds later, missed a dunk, called for basket interference on his own missed dunk.

Andre Ferguson looked really polished for a freshman. It seems like the coaches and his teammates are confident in his abilities coming in to run the offense.

Tyson is not shooting well from 3pt range. But he was able to create some buckets for himself with dribble drives. Good work.

Well done by the coaches to get an entire second unit out there for extended minutes, including in the first half. It's tough for guys to get comfortable and show their abilities when they are just coming in for a few minutes here and there. Those that really proved themselves last night include: Rashad Jackson, Smoyer, Ferguson

Marshall kinda disappeared into the background again. We need more consistency from him.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1397
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down