Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac-12 Departures

+4
Geezaldinho
ExpatPilot
A_Fan
up7587
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pac-12 Departures - Page 2 Empty Re: Pac-12 Departures

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:20 pm

I have been in a partial news blackout over the last week and missed all the drama...but I can understand why the conference fell apart with its abysmal leadership.  Did I read somewhere the Pac-12 was going to Apple+ to stream its games?  SMH.

But I can still hear Bill Walton saying over and over, "The Conference of Champions," and now have to wonder who will get custody of Bill.   Razz

Pac-12 Departures - Page 2 Oip12
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Pac-12 Departures - Page 2 Empty Chumpians!

Post by badcoverage Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:31 pm

The Conference of Chumpians... I think this whole thing is a crock. Stop chasing money. The coaches and universities chide a kid for chasing NIL, but then sell out to the highest taker. It's very disappointing.
badcoverage
badcoverage
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2022-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:24 pm

An interesting read pertaining to basketball...

What the Pac-12’s Demise Means for College Hoops

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/what-the-pac-12-s-demise-means-for-college-hoops/ar-AA1f1fs0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1b2e38ecc8d64802936d9e572bf96a24&ei=38
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:22 am

Stanford and Cal are gone from the PAC4, joining SMU in a jump to the ACC starting in 2024.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/stanford-cal-smu-join-acc-conference-membership-growing-to-18-schools-as-latest-realignment-domino-falls/

It looks like Anson Dorrance dream that Stanford Women’s soccer will float off by itself to “wither on the vine” has instead turned into his worst nightmare.

It looks like the PAC2 will have to go someplace like the Mountain West.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:54 pm

So the Pac-12 starts their football season with Utah beating a ranked SEC team in Florida, and Colorado, a 1-win team last year, going to TCU and beating the team that played in the national championship last year. But because more people who own TVs live east of the Mississippi River, the conference had to be dismantled.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:04 pm

This from Stanford Women's Head Coach Tara VanDerveer about the break-up of the conference during yesterday's Pac-12 Media Day:

"It's heartbreaking."

"I'm in a bad dream."  

"This is a nightmare."

The Pac-12 coaches picked Stanford to finish 3rd this coming season behind Utah and UCLA. Oregon, surprisingly, is picked to finish 8th.

Pilots WBB play Oregon in the Chiles Center on November 30, and are in Palo Alto to face the Cardinal on December 15.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:54 pm

I heard a local radio discussion of Oregon State's plans now that they and WSU have prevailed in court for control of the Pac-2 assets, by a Beaver booster (i.e. not official school representative). OSU and WSU do not plan to join the Mountain West Conf. or affiliate with them in football; that is seen as a downgrade. They will have independent schedules for two years with a mix a Power 5 schools and some MWC schools. After two years the MWC TV deal expires, and they can pick and choose MWC schools to build a new Pac-whatever conference.

For non-football sports, they will likely have affiliations. WCC was mentioned as a possible baseball affiliation.

I wonder if they'll be more interested in home and home basketball games with UP?

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2021-06-10

DoubleDipper, ExpatPilot, PNWPilot and Fox Mulder like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2