Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expat Hoops Interview with Porter Troupe

3 posters

Go down

Expat Hoops Interview with Porter Troupe Empty Expat Hoops Interview with Porter Troupe

Post by ExpatHoops Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:33 am

Hi all,

I wanted to create a thread to let you know that we're a new(ish) podcast where we speak with Americans who go play professional basketball overseas. While I can't post links quite yet, we're easily found on YouTube if you search "Expat Hoops." We just came out with our 19th episode and were fortunate to speak with University of Portland alum Porter Troupe. We also have some "Expat Extras" out now with him (and a few more to come), so if you'd be so kind as to subscribe and throw us a like!

If we're able to speak with more alums, we'll definitely post here as well.

ExpatHoops
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-04-19

Back to top Go down

Expat Hoops Interview with Porter Troupe Empty Re: Expat Hoops Interview with Porter Troupe

Post by Admin Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:29 am

Expat is not able to post links yet due to security settings on this site, but this is not spam.

A link to the interview is here: https://youtu.be/JdRI5PtBFHI

Or, a quick internet search of Expat Hoops Porter Troupe will get the results.

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-28

https://www.pilotnation.net

ExpatHoops likes this post

Back to top Go down

Expat Hoops Interview with Porter Troupe Empty Re: Expat Hoops Interview with Porter Troupe

Post by StudentPilot Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:52 am

The concept of interesting interviews with Americans playing ball overseas is a good one, however this episode with Troupe provided very little of interest to me personally and if it had been been condensed to 20 minutes, or so, might have been worth listening to.

What years did Troupe play at UP?  Who was his coach?  Did his coach help or prepare him for basketball abroad? How did his education prepare him for living in another country?

As a sometimes expat myself, I have found living in another country is a two-way street...how has Troupe contributed to the understanding of Americans and America overseas?

Some listening to this podcast may have recognized the names that were mentioned and may have found the discussion very interesting.  I have been following the Pilots since I was a little kid (15+ years), and didn't recognize any of the names, including Troupe's.

Future UP interviews might include: TJ Campbell, Luke Sikma, Pooh Jeter, Voldy Gerun, Jasonn Hannibal, Taishi Ito, Nem Metrovic, Ryan Nicholas, Bryce Pressley, Nik Raivio, Robin Smeulders, and Phil Hartwich.  These are all guys I remember while growing up in the Chiles Center.
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ExpatHoops Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:15 am

StudentPilot wrote:The concept of interesting interviews with Americans playing ball overseas is a good one, however this episode with Troupe provided very little of interest to me personally and if it had been been condensed to 20 minutes, or so, might have been worth listening to.

What years did Troupe play at UP?  Who was his coach?  Did his coach help or prepare him for basketball abroad? How did his education prepare him for living in another country?

As a sometimes expat myself, I have found living in another country is a two-way street...how has Troupe contributed to the understanding of Americans and America overseas?

Some listening to this podcast may have recognized the names that were mentioned and may have found the discussion very interesting.  I have been following the Pilots since I was a little kid (15+ years), and didn't recognize any of the names, including Troupe's.

Future UP interviews might include: TJ Campbell, Luke Sikma, Pooh Jeter, Voldy Gerun, Jasonn Hannibal, Taishi Ito, Nem Metrovic, Ryan Nicholas, Bryce Pressley, Nik Raivio, Robin Smeulders, and Phil Hartwich.  These are all guys I remember while growing up in the Chiles Center.

Thanks for the feedback. We're still tinkering with formats, so it is interesting to hear opinions. Thanks for listening, and hopefully you'll check back in with us as we continue to do more interviews.

ExpatHoops
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-04-19

Back to top Go down