Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porter

5 posters

Go down

Porter Empty Porter

Post by shallwemaui Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:47 pm

What happened to BJ Porter? Is he sick, or did he leave?

shallwemaui
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Porter Empty Re: Porter

Post by MaizeBluePurple Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:06 pm

He is on a Personal Leave. Someone mentioned that they saw him sitting at the game in the stands. So hopefully he will be able to join the team again soon.
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:27 pm

If BJ is back its not a day too soon. Playing Oregon with only three on the bench capable of playing at that level took masterful substituding from Rev.
Playing three games in four days in LA this week would be very tough if we had that few on the bench who were able do it again.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:52 pm

I don't know if he is back or not. I just heard he was watching the game from the stands. The one good thing about the program is that no one has leaked what the leave is for, or any of the other leaves that have happened over the past several years. Well, bad for us fans wanting info but good for the players (and the proper way to handle them).
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 am

We really do need him back. But his family comes first and who knows how long he'll be out.

Is Jasonn still sick?
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MaizeBluePurple Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 am

Jasonn was on the bench for the Oregon game. I don't know if his conditioning is where it was needed for that style of game, coming off of the flu. There was a lot of pressing and getting up the floor quickly that probably would have ground him down. Hopefully after a few more days of practice he will be ready for UCLA. (My speculation on fitness, it may be that coach narrowed down the bench because of the importance of the game. A few others got very little to no playing time also)
MaizeBluePurple
MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:24 am

Yeah,

Some games you can really tell when Rev wants them BAAADDD Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil He shortens the bench and gives Most of the Bigs minutes to Robin,Luke,and Kramer. Then in the 2nd half keeps his top two performing bigs (against Oregon it was Luke and Robin) in the whole half and substituted Kramer in just to give Luke and Robin time to catch their breathes. What a great coaching staff we have don't we??? I know I like to give almost all the credit to Rev. But, there are 3 other coaches that do much for UP BB too.

Mesa the Pilot Cool

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down