Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off-Season Player Updates

+7
NoPoNeighbor
Kevin
Geezaldinho
wrv
Dean Murdoch
Sound Voltex
DoubleDipper
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Off-Season Player Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: Off-Season Player Updates

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:32 am

DoubleDipper wrote:Jacob - New Mexico St. Samford
Malcolm - Northern Arizona
Hugh - UC Davis
Theo - Louisiana
Jacob saw his first action after finally getting his waiver to play this season and after being dropped by NMSU after his initial waiver attempt failed.

In one game he played 24 minutes, had 8 rebounds, and shot 8-11 for 17 points...high man on the team.

Malcolm left the NAU team, but is apparently still taking online classes there.

Hugh has played in two games, including one against SCU, and has a total of 6 points and 4 rebounds in 40 minutes of play.  

Theo is the standout performer so far with 22 points against #2 Baylor.  In his only game so far, he played 33 minutes, shot 9-9 including a 3-pointer and 3-4 from the line, to go with his 8 rebounds (4 offensive boards).

Also, Marcus Shaver is finally playing at Boise St. after sitting a year and has 34 points in 61 minutes of play in two games.  So far, Marcus is doing what he does best, draw fouls and get to the line where he is 16-19.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11391
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:15 am

DoubleDipper wrote:Theo is the standout performer so far with 22 points against #2 Baylor.  In his only game so far, he played 33 minutes, shot 9-9 including a 3-pointer and 3-4 from the line, to go with his 8 rebounds (4 offensive boards).

Holy crap, Theo.

And now 16 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks in a win over New Orleans last night.

So the same guy that played 10-11 minutes a night for the Pilots last year is now the way-too-early frontrunner for Sun Belt player of the year. I'm unsure of how to process this information, other than that I'm very happy for Theo that he gets to go close to home and is killing it with the Cajuns.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:44 am

I scouted OSU in their game against WSU last evening and watched with interest as two former UP recruits led the Cougars in their 59-55 victory over the Beavers.

I think we all remember Parkrose's Isaac Bonton who committed to UP but was turned away by Porter when he took over from Reveno...Bonton started, played 39 minutes, and led all scorers with 15.

And a second player, sophomore DJ Rodman, was recruited by Coach Cantu and reportedly was set to come to UP, but Porter didn't want the "circus" of Dennis Rodman's son coming to UP.  Rodman came off the bench to play 22 minutes and was second in scoring with 12.

My scouting assessment of OSU: They're athletic much like UP, but because they are so much taller, it could be a swat-fest for the Beavers unless UP goes over the top or draws fouls on their drives.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am

Dean Murdoch wrote:Holy crap, Theo.

And now 16 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks in a win over New Orleans last night.
Better coaching?
Better opportunities?
Better playing environment?
Better teammates?

Or did Theo somehow gain the confidence he was obviously lacking last season?

We knew he had game!
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:50 am

Saw another commit from the Reveno era that was turned away by Porter playing for Cal tonight in their loss to ASU.

Grant Anticevich started and played 34 minutes while scoring 8 and pulling down 7 boards, but what really impressed me was his unselfish play that should have resulted in about 6 more assists than he was credited with had his teammates made the "easy" insides shots they were given.

That makes 3 former UP commits now in the Pac-12 I've seen in two nights...I don't think there are any more...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3