Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYU @ Pilots, 7pm Thursday 2/6/20

3 posters

Go down

BYU @ Pilots, 7pm Thursday 2/6/20 Empty BYU @ Pilots, 7pm Thursday 2/6/20

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 am

Not really looking forward to this next game. BYU is coming off a nice win over SMC (what refs?), and already has a 26 point victory over the Pilots this season, before they got Yoeli back. They were 15 of 30 on 3Ps last time, and if they get the kind of open 3P looks that Santa Clara got, they will do better than that. But if Pilots aggressively defend the 3P line, then Childs is one-on-one down low.

Back to top Go down

BYU @ Pilots, 7pm Thursday 2/6/20 Empty Re: BYU @ Pilots, 7pm Thursday 2/6/20

Post by mikemac65 Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Down by 32 with 6 minutes left...enough with incompetent ex Blazer coaches...GAH!

mikemac65
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:08 am

It is curious, perhaps ironic, that the most successful of the NBA coaches hired here will be none other than Larry Steele, who left the program better than the one he inherited. This contrasts markedly with his NBA experienced brethren, Holton and Porter, who will both have left the program in a shambles, worse than when they took over.

The sage prognosticatian that Porter would resign, that the Pilots would not need to relieve him ultimately, is sadly not true.

Is it possible, for whatever reason, financial or otherwise, that the Pilots bring back Porter for one more depressing go around?

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:02 pm

As bad as the Pilots may have been last night, the Cougars are a terrific team...one that could make some noise in the Tournament if they get there.

And except for a couple of players, they really have a number of good guys on their squad, one of the notable exceptions being the ever-annoying TJ Hawes who once again told the Christie Crazies to shut their f------ mouths on more than one occasion.

And you have to admire the cult-like following this squad has.  Loud and very proud, they pretty much took over the CC last night with their chants and signs, but at least UP must have made quite a bit of revenue off the number of kids that were in attendance.

I also have to admire the team for sticking around long after the game to chat with fans and sign autographs...I guess you do not have to be in a big rush for the airport when you've got a charter aircraft waiting for you.

OBTW, I spoke briefly with Yoeli Childs before the game, and he described his finger injury much the way it was depicted in that awful picture I posted a month ago.  Nice guy, I wish him well.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemac65 Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Missing the point! The Pilots are not improving, players have and are transferring from the program.

mikemac65
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down