Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Battle @ Viking Pavilion Wed 12/5 @ 7:05

+4
Dean Murdoch
Geezaldinho
martymoose
DoubleDipper
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

River Battle @ Viking Pavilion Wed 12/5 @ 7:05 - Page 2 Empty Re: River Battle @ Viking Pavilion Wed 12/5 @ 7:05

Post by Dean Murdoch Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Never really considered that, interesting idea. Personally I’m fine with only playing PSU once per year as I like to see the Pilots against a variety of teams, but I’m not completely against a home & home.

Anyone know how common this is? I know New Mexico and New Mexico State play twice a year, but that’s the only one I know of.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

River Battle @ Viking Pavilion Wed 12/5 @ 7:05 - Page 2 Empty Re: River Battle @ Viking Pavilion Wed 12/5 @ 7:05

Post by wrv Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:51 am

We played PSU twice yearly at points in the past. They are our closest rivals, and until one of the teams outstrips the other in talent and winning ability, I think it adds to the preseason excitement. Better than some of the games we have scheduled now.

I think it more than a good idea, but I wonder whether at this stage in their development the Pilots fear being embarrassed.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1443
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:34 pm

wrv wrote:We played PSU twice yearly at points in the past. They are our closest rivals, and until one of the teams outstrips the other in talent and winning ability, I think it adds to the preseason excitement. Better than some of the games we have scheduled now.

I think it more than a good idea, but I wonder whether at this stage in their development the Pilots fear being embarrassed.
Talking to a few folks this week I get the impression that UP would like to play PSU, and perhaps Seattle U twice a year, especially with the expanded schedule of 30 or 31 games that results from playing in a "multi-team event,” but presumably because UP does nothing to buff up an opponent’s resume,  PSU and SU are not currently showing much interest.

Just as SMC and GU will only play the Pilots once this season to not tarnish their NET/RPI, PSU and SU seem to have the same rationale for playing UP only once per year.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11393
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:05 pm

That is a pretty sad statement.

I have no interest in playing either one more than once. We should be playing a wider range of teams and programs.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2