Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walla Walla University Monday 2/20 @ 5

+4
blacksheep
Dean Murdoch
bobtcat2
StudentPilot
8 posters

Go down

Walla Walla University Monday 2/20 @ 5 Empty Walla Walla University Monday 2/20 @ 5

Post by StudentPilot Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Early start tonight (5 o'clock) and free admission.

UP comes into the game on a 14 game losing streak and the Wolves have lost 9 in a row.....

This will be the last game of the season for Walla Walla as their 2-18 conference record (NAIA D2 Cascade Collegiate Conference) does not qualify them for the postseason tournament.  The Wolves are 3-25 overall on the season.

I didn't investigate how deep the Wolves go on their bench, but their team picture is pretty crowded with 22 players.  

There should be some very good fan support for the Wolves (probably not as much as this coming Thursday against BYU) as there are four players from Portland on the roster....all from Portland Adventist Academy.

It sure would be nice to see all the Pilots get plenty of playing time....after over 6 months of workouts and practice, everyone deserves the chance to show what they can do.....regardless of the competition.
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Walla Walla University Monday 2/20 @ 5 Empty Re: Walla Walla University Monday 2/20 @ 5

Post by bobtcat2 Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Does anyone remember Portland ever playing this bad of a team? This is a shockingly poor opponent, and honestly should not be playing any D1 teams. if the Pilots aren't up by 30 early second half there is a serious, serious problem.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2017-01-13

Back to top Go down

Walla Walla University Monday 2/20 @ 5 Empty Re: Walla Walla University Monday 2/20 @ 5

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:19 pm

The world didn't end when the Pilots played Portland Bible College a couple years ago, and I predict the sun will come up tomorrow as well.

I miss mikemac65, can someone bring that guy back instead of this joker?
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Ad hominem attack changes nothing.  The true joker is whoever thought this was a good game to schedule.  Absolutely insane to put this on the schedule.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:

I miss mikemac65, can someone bring that guy back instead of this joker?

My nomination for post of the year!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ExpatPilot Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:37 pm

We won. Everyone scored. Monson had himself a final few minutes there! I'm happy.

ExpatPilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm

I was just about to post 6 minutes into the 2nd half that the bench guys had not been put in, and then they all got put in.

Hard to take much out of this game, when our bigs towered over their "bigs". But the 3Pt shooting was good. Just hope they don't think they can try the same shots against Mika that they took tonight in the paint.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:24 pm

SouthCarolinaPilot wrote:We won. Everyone scored. Monson had himself a final few minutes there! I'm happy.
Highlight of the game for me was seeing Alec's teammates rising to their feet while cheering and clapping as he scored his 8 points.

But the overall highlight was just playing the game and achieving success, regardless of the opponent.  It was so great to see the players smiling and enjoying themselves on the court for a change.  When a team loses 14 games in a row self-doubt and frustration set-in and make winning even more difficult due to the psychological affects of continually losing, even when giving your best effort.

Thanks to Coach Knutson for scheduling this game and bringing smiles and self-confidence to the Chiles Center again.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by deprofundis Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:24 am

Don't spend the kid's lunch money all in one place...

deprofundis
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2016-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemac65 Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Apt observation!

mikemac65
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemac65 Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Got a laugh at yesterdays comments. I'm truly honored to receive your kudos and/or ad hominid attacks. The cite seems to be getting a bit more peckish as of late! I'm hoping Coach Porter'so first recruiting class can jell;and that Coach will be able to adjust his game plans at halftime. It's been a joy!

mikemac65
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:45 pm

mikemac65 wrote:Got a laugh at yesterdays comments.  I'm truly honored to receive your kudos and/or ad hominid attacks.  The cite seems to be getting a bit more peckish as of late!  I'm hoping Coach Porter'so first recruiting class can jell;and that Coach will be able to adjust his game plans at halftime.  It's been a joy!

Win over Walla Walla changes everything! Even though half the high schools in LA could beat Walla Walla, the win was significant.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down