Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots v OSU

3 posters

Go down

Pilots v OSU  Empty Pilots v OSU

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 pm

If you didn't go, you missed a good one. UP 1 - OSU 0

OSU came into town ranked #6 in topdrawer's ranking and #8 in the coaches poll and went home with a loss on a goal by Hugo Rhodes, his second of the season.

UP dominated possession and held on being a man down at the end when Jackson Jellah got a red card after 4 minutes on the field  for shoulder bumping an OSU player into the signs on the Student side. uP played the last three a man down. An OSU player got a yellow for the same at the end of the first half.

Game was pretty chippy, with 4 OSU yellows and Three UP ones.

Christiansen was strong in the goal with 7 saves, though most were from distance.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pilots v OSU  Empty Re: Pilots v OSU

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:41 pm

As Geez mentioned, "If you didn't go, you missed a good one."  And I'd say very few, if any, on this forum attended the game as the place was nearly empty of fans.....

I think some of the students heard the Pilots were leading at the half as a few spilled from the dorms to watch.

I've said it before on this forum, I prefer the men's game over the women's, and tonight the long ranges shots, diving saves, and near misses made sitting on cold aluminum worthwhile.....but the win over the previously undefeated Beavers also made it memorable. pirat
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Pilots v OSU  Empty Re: Pilots v OSU

Post by PilotNut Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:37 am

I watched most of the second half via the online stream... I was disappointed in the attendance, but I can't judge too much since I wasn't there either.

Agreed on the good match... it had all the expected pieces of a rivalry match. I was amazed at how the Pilots were able to dominate possession so dramatically... and had several shots that were close to giving us a 2 goal lead.

I hope to make it to the next home match, which also happens to be the WCC opener: October 11th, 1pm vs. GU.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down