Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Spring games

+5
GUPhantom
A_Fan
purple passion
UPSoccerFanatic
Geezaldinho
9 posters

Go down

2015 Spring games Empty 2015 Spring games

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:25 pm

I checked the D1 programs in the NW to see if they announced Spring games. Two have been announced so far.

4/18 @Seattle U. 2:00pm (Sat.)
4/24 @ Oregon 4:00pm (Fri.)
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

2015 Spring games Empty Re: 2015 Spring games

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:42 pm

And, according to the Seattle Reign's website:

Pilots v Reign, March 28, 7:00 pm, Merlo Field
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Oregon Ducks website says the 4pm match against the Pilots is 4/25 rather than 4/24. I guess we need to wait and see.

Pilots announced today that they will play the Thorns in an exhibition: http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2015/3/5/WSOC_0305153741.aspx
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Pilots to Host the Portland Thorns in an Exhibition Match at Merlo Field

PORTLAND, Ore. --- The Portland Pilots women’s soccer team will welcome the Portland Thorns FC to Merlo Field for an exhibition game on Saturday, March 21 at 7 p.m. The match is presented by Providence Health & Services and $2 of every ticket purchased supports Providences’ sports screening and health education programs for youth in our communities.

“Providence is pleased to be presenting this game at the University of Portland,” says Dave Underriner, Providence’s chief executive for Oregon. “Our partnership with the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC creates opportunities to promote health and wellness, and these games highlight our scholars of today and athletes of tomorrow.”

“It’s truly exciting to be hosting the Thorns at Merlo Field, which is one of the best venues for collegiate soccer in the nation,” Portland Athletics Director Scott Leykam said. “Having Providence involved makes it even more special, and we’re thrilled to be supporting screenings and sports physicals for our young athletes. It’ll be a fun weekend.”

“Our sincere thanks to Scott Leykam for helping forge this relationship between the University of Portland, the Timbers and Thorns FC,” Thorns FC general manager Gavin Wilkinson said. “This partnership is beneficial to both organizations on many levels and this game will serve to allow the Thorns to prepare for their season in front of our collective fans.”

Tickets for the game will go on sale on Tuesday, March 10 at 11 a.m. on TicketMaster.com and through the Pilots Box Office (503-943-7525). Prices are $10 for stadium chairs, $8 for bench backs and $5 for bleachers.

The Thorns, who won the inaugural 2013 NWSL Championship and reached the semifinals last season, feature UP women’s soccer alums Christine Sinclair and Kendall Johnson. Sinclair won a pair of NCAA Championships with the Pilots (2002 & 2005) and Johnson was named 2012 West Coast Conference Defender of the Year. The Thorns traded for Johnson during the off-season after the defender spent her first two years in the league playing for Sky Blue FC.

“I am stoked for our game against UP,” Johnson said. “It’ll be a bit strange stepping onto Merlo as an opponent, but any opportunity to play on that field is a special one. In preseason it’s important to play competitive matches and I know the Pilots will provide us with a challenge. I’m looking forward to an incredible atmosphere.”

The Portland women will also be hosting the Seattle Reign in an exhibition match on Saturday, March 28 at 7 p.m. The Reign reached the NWSL Finals last season and feature seven UP alums, including U.S. Women’s National Team midfielder Megan Rapinoe.

Connecting Providence to our communities through sports is part of our Creating Healthier Communities strategy. Proceeds from the games will support sports screenings and health education in the community through the efforts of Providence Health & Services’ sports medicine providers. This includes concussion screening, injury risk assessments, and sports physicals. Providence believes health and wellness provided at a young age can lead to lifelong healthy habits.

Providence Health & Services enjoys a long partnership with University of Portland’s School of Nursing, educating future nurses who join our organization to care for our community.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 pm

I suppose you had your reasons, A-Fan, but for the life of me I can't figure out what they could be.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:59 am

Correct-a-mundo. I do have my reasons.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Pilots will host the PSU Vikings on April 4th at 11am according to the Viking website.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:38 am

What's happened with Danica? DNP tonight. My biggest worry was she wasn't even listed on tonight's roster? That doesn't bode well....oh no?!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:51 am

Tough game last night. No outlet up front.

Hanna De Haan and Alyssa Edenstrom had excellent games. Best I've ever seen from Alyssa. Playing against Jodie Taylor she was very strong.

Would be great to see her command like that in the fall.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:57 pm

GUPhantom wrote:What's happened with Danica? DNP tonight. My biggest worry was she wasn't even listed on tonight's roster? That doesn't bode well....oh no?!

No Danica, Maddie Seckman, or Luty.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:22 pm

It might be too early to know...but will they be available or playing in the 2015 season? I'm hoping that none transferred or dropped out from the team.
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:19 pm

Kaycie Young and Jess Kennedy are injured. That accounts for their absence I understand.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Danica transfers to CO

Danica transferred. Won't be a Pilot next season?! No

GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:07 pm

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209978389
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Just an observation against the Thorns. When Ellie wanted to push the ball forward, she used a 30 yard kick which had no Pilot going after it. When, in one another team mate's attempts to push it forward, they usually just passed, but on a few rare occasions when they did the 30 yard kick, Ellie was after it. It almost looked like Ellie had a different plan of attack than the others.
I was very impressed with Hanna...much more focused than last year...she finished with 14 saves. Parkes was being Parkes...full of energy and determination, but with little assistance. Noelle started out awesome in the first half, but backed off much of the second half. Allison and Alyssa both looked pretty good to me, but Ariel's play isn't back to 2014 form yet.
All of that being said, I really enjoyed the game...and much of the Thorns play also.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:15 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. --- Saturday night marks the return to The Bluff for six former Portland women's soccer players as the Pilots host the Seattle Reign FC in an exhibition match at 7 p.m. at Merlo Field. The Reign, who play in the NWSL, advanced to the finals last year after finishing with the league's best record during the regular season.

Tickets are still available for the match and they can be purchased on TicketMaster.com or at the Merlo Field box office beginning an hour prior to kick-off.

Playing for the Reign this weekend will be alums Stephanie Cox (Lopez), Michelle Cruz, Danielle Foxhoven, Amanda Frisbie, Elli Reed and Keelin Winters. Seattle midfielder Megan Rapinoe is not scheduled to be with the team.

"It's always been an honor to play on Merlo Field and this game will be no different," said Foxhoven on Friday. "There is always such a strong sense of nostalgia when I step back on campus and I'm looking forward to playing with my fellow Pilots on the other side of the pitch."

"This weekend will have the feeling of an alumni game and we couldn't be more thrilled to be hosting the Seattle Reign," Portland head coach Garrett Smith said. "It's always a fantastic opportunity for our players to play against a professional team and to be able see the level of play necessary to play at the next level.

"The Reign are one best teams in the league and head coach Laura Harvey has created a style of play in Seattle that everybody can learn from. It's an honor that so many of our alums have played key roles in her program and it will definitely be a pleasure hosting them this weekend."

http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2015/3/27/WSOC_0327152458.aspx

Psychotic
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Can't attend tonight's game against the Seattle Reign?  Well, UP isn't providing a video feed, but you can watch the game at 7 p.m. on the Reign's Twitter feed via Periscope: @SeattleReignFC.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/this-sports-franchise-may-be-the-first-to-broadcast-a-game-via-twitters-new-video-sharing-app-periscope/
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11217
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Pretty cool, but when I look at Periscope feeds on my iPad its just scaled up Phone App feeds. Don't expect HD.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:49 am

The PSU website is now showing this info for their Spring game with the Pilots, so apparently no game today:

APRIL 6 2015 9 A.M.

UNIVERSITY OF PORTLAND
BEAVERTON, ORE. NIKE WORLD HEADQUARTERS
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by keeper Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Did anyone attend the U of O spring game last Saturday? If so, how did the ladies do and any other observations?

keeper
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:02 pm

keeper wrote:Did anyone attend the U of O spring game last Saturday? If so, how did the ladies do and any other observations?
The game was canceled. Don't know why.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down