Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memorial Day

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

default Re: Memorial Day

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue May 26, 2020 6:02 pm

wrv wrote:The dude abides, Sam. Ms. Ross in Butch Cassidy et al was a sight to behold and apparently Sam knew it too. They have been married for some time.
Nice note about Sam.
Funny thing, after I asked him about that, Sam told me he did not even meet Katherine during the filming of Butch Cassidy because they had no scenes together.  I'd have to see the movie again to check his memory on that, but he said they met about 10 years later on another movie in which they had multiple scenes together, one of which was apparently Sam's first bare-ass scene...I didn't verify that either.   Razz
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

default Re: Memorial Day

Post by StudentPilot on Tue May 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Dean Murdoch wrote:This thread is incredible.
+1

I was taught nothing about the Vietnam War in school, and the stories on PilotNation about UP grads who fought and died there has brought a whole new interest that I never knew I'd have.

As I recall, there's a wall on campus that pays tribute to UP grads who have died while in the military, but I never took the time to visit it.  Next time I'm on campus (I'm hoping to reenroll in January), I'm definitely going to check-out the names on the wall and do a little research...
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum