Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Wish List

+8
mattywizz
ShipstadPilot11
Rochin54
DTLegend
blacksheep
DoubleDipper
Woodless!
oldtimer
12 posters

Go down

Christmas Wish List Empty Christmas Wish List

Post by oldtimer Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:22 pm

With Christmas quickly upon us, what would you like to see over the next ten games? What would be on your Pilot "wish list"?

1) A complete recovery of Rileys knee.
2) Continued health to the players
3) Keeping turnovers around 10 a game.
4) Better perimeter pressure, limiting opponents 3's
5) A 7-3 record
6) That we can at least show a resemblance of last years 3 point percentage. Imperative that we develop an outside threat.
7) A win tonight!!!!!!
Cool Someone to drop off a nice IPA sixer in the next two hours. Laughing
9) That everyone has a very Merry Christmas

oldtimer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Christmas Wish List Empty Re: Christmas Wish List

Post by Woodless! Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:18 pm

1) Our first game in the WCC tournament to be on Thursday at the earliest
2) A home win over either BYU or Gonzaga or both
3) Pasta
4) Beer
5) A second half championship for my bowling team
Woodless!
Woodless!
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:49 pm

An AD who will continue bring us into the 21st Century and continue to make us competitive in all respects, including money, facilities, and programs. santa
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11139
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:48 am

Some confidence for our players is top on my list.

Woodless! wrote:

I don't think Santa can help you with that. You had better get it on Tebow's prayer list Laughing
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 am

My wish is that this season and losing stretch doesn't dispirit the players and coaches, and doesn't cause the fans and administration to overreact. rendeer

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:24 pm

up7587 wrote:My wish is that this season and losing stretch doesn't dispirit the players and coaches, and doesn't cause the fans and administration to overreact. rendeer

I was just going to say the same thing. I think that it is important to see and appreciate progress. Just look back to the 2006-2007 season, when we had an extremely young team with last years seniors being freshman with Nik a first year sophomore. We struggled, with only 9 total wins and 5 out of conference things were difficult, but then the next season we put some nice W's together and competed. I haven't been able to watch many games and there are definite holes in our game, but there are bright spots too, and putting together 40 solid minutes is one of the hardest things for a young team to learn, but it will come. I have complete faith in our team and our coaching staff. I am also optimistic for the rest of the year, especially conference play. So I guess what I am asking Santa for is a little confidence for the the players, fans, coaches, team and all those who make decisions that could affect the future of Pilot Basketball

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:52 am

Woodless! wrote:

Now THAT, my friends, is a team oriented player. He could have wished for the high individual game scratch, high individual game handicap, to become the league's points leader, or even just to win a bunch of money on monte carlo night. But does he? NO!! He wants the TEAM to win the championship. That's what I'm talking about!

Onto my list:
1) Confidence - just play ball fellas!
2) A step up in the defensive awareness - that will get us through stretches where shots aren't falling.
3) Nem's swagger back.
4) Continued development and maturing of our young guys, especially Kevin, Cason, and Thomas.
5) Blessings to all the players, coaches, students, and fans of Pilot basketball during this holiday season and in the new year!
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Good list 54!

The great common thread or theme about everyone's list is it appears the PN regulars are hanging in there and not being dispirited (good word UP7587) by our record. I've always said the true fans support the kids and their development; if they can be competitive and win a few, well, that's just all the better.

Blessings to everyone! sunny
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:it appears the PN regulars are hanging in there and not being dispirited (good word UP7587) by our record.
Last year this would have been killing me; I have a tendency to let games impact my mood sometimes. This year though, I'm spending a lot of time salivating at the thought of how this team will look over the next 2 years. We're gonna take some hits this year; we have 3 upperclassmen. But we're gonna learn a lot and be good to go in years to come. Like others have said, I hope the administration, coaches, players, and fans aren't too upset by our record; we have a bright future.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Snus Junction likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Woodless! wrote:1) Our first game in the WCC tournament to be on Thursday at the earliest
2) A home win over either BYU or Gonzaga or both
3) Pasta
4) Beer
One down! Pasta returns. "In a new format" confused We'll see what it is next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Will there be beer, or do I need to bring a flask?
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:08 am

To make it through this season you may need beer and a flask.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Last time we were making wishes on this thread was during the 2011-12 schedule when the Pilots finished the preseason at 3-11 and faced Gonzaga in the first WCC game of the season.

With Cal State Fullerton yet to play before this year’s regular season begins, and the team at 7-7, what are your wishes for the next couple of months of play?

For now, my wish is for everyone to have a joyous Christmas and that we remember to take a moment to remember those who may not be with family at this time of year, but instead are ensuring we can enjoy the holiday season with our loved ones.
Christmas Wish List Christ10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Will Maupin already has this year's wish for us.

10. Portland Pilots (7-7)
Last week: L 67-56 vs. Seattle, W 54-39 vs. Florida A&M
This week: Dec. 29 at Cal State Fullerton
Previous: 10th

Wish: For it all to just be over already.

If we’re being honest, the most impressive thing Portland has done this season could well be holding a team below 40 points. But for that to be impressive, you have to take it completely out of context. So, let’s do that.

But seriously, this season is lost. And that sucks, but it’s okay. The Pilots are young. There’s not a senior on the roster. Maybe most of these guys come back next season and the Pilots can take a step forward. Hold onto hope, Portland.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/12/24/18153703/wcc-power-rankings-west-coast-conference-san-francisco-dons-usf-gonzaga-bulldogs-zags-byu-usd-saint
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Strange he ranks USF ahead of Gonzaga unless he's just trying to be contrarian. Gonzaga is the best hands down.

My wish is for 3 or more wins in WCC. I believe KenPom has the Pilots at a major dog in 15 games with homes games against Pepperdine, Santa Clara and Pacific as possibilities.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2017-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:38 pm

The Pilots have an unopened gift under the tree named Crisshawn Clark. Really hoping this dude can get into the lineup soon, I’d like to see what he brings to the table.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Taki certainly wishes he were playing more, and Crisshawn has stayed in Portland during the Christmas break to work on his conditioning and game in hopes of suiting-up for the BYU game on January 10th in Provo. 

I think he knows everyone is expecting him to bring some leadership to the team, but he also realizes it has been so long since he's actually played a competitive game, it may take many weeks for him to get his legs under him and start performing as well as he knows he can.
Christmas Wish List Crissh10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Any update on his lawsuit against Oregon?

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:40 pm

bobtcat2 wrote:Any update on his lawsuit against Oregon?
According the University of Oregon Legal Department:

Christmas Wish List You-se11
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:46 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
bobtcat2 wrote:Any update on his lawsuit against Oregon?
According the University of Oregon Legal Department:

Christmas Wish List You-se11

Ha. Well, I'm not all that familiar with the case, but it didn't sound totally out of line from what I read about it.

Looking forward to seeing him in action soon.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:39 pm

Any Christmas wishes this year???
Christmas Wish List Christ11
Kids and gifts lay
  on the floor
Friends and family
  at your door
Just one prayer, if we may
  ask for more…
A safe return of the troops
  to our shore!!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:11 am

ShipstadPilot11 wrote:I have a tendency to let games impact my mood sometimes. This year though, I'm spending a lot of time salivating at the thought of how this team will look over the next 2 years.
That quote was from 10 years ago, and for the first time in 6 or 7 years, we finally have some hope that MBB will continue to develop and grow in a way that offers its fans hope and excitement in the season(s) ahead.

There will be some blowouts and close game losses, but there will also be satisfying wins that will continue to brighten the outlook of all Pilot fans!  sunny

Christmas Wish List Santa_10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Rob's Jacket, StudentPilot, Fox Mulder and up7587 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bdaddy Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:28 am

Merry Christmas, fellow Pilot fans! I have a couple lingering Pilot basketball thoughts bumping around my head this holiday. Someone mentioned in a previous thread  (I think it was DD) that there might be a possibility of a mid season transfer coming. I was wondering if anyone had anymore details on that. Is that still a possibility? Would that player be eligible to play immediately? I’m only asking because I think this team is one athletic guard that is a slasher and passer away from being truly competitive in the WCC. Their play over the last stretch has me worried for league play. There were long stretches in each of the last four games where the offense went stagnant. To me the issue is because Robertson is being overused as the primary offense creator. He’s great as a secondary option, but the opponents were putting their best on ball/wing defender’s on him and bottled him up pretty quickly. At those points the offense went almost entirely 1 on 1 iso basketball. Luckily, there were a couple great performances (Austin vs MSU and Meadows vs UCD). This offense is best when the ball is moving around and finding open shooters. Hopefully this gets addressed over the break. I think it’s unlikely the team finds this exact player through mid season transfer, but I’ll float it out there as my Christmas wish just in case.

bdaddy
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:54 am

bdaddy wrote:Merry Christmas, fellow Pilot fans! I have a couple lingering Pilot basketball thoughts bumping around my head this holiday.  I think it’s unlikely the team finds this exact player through mid season transfer, but I’ll float it out there as my Christmas wish just in case.
Yes, Merry Christmas, everyone!! santa

As of five days ago, a mid-season transfer was still a "possibility," but I have heard nothing since, and it would likely take a compliance lawyer (UP has one) to figure out a transferring player's eligibility...

The question most have regarding a mid-season transfer is, "how would he fit with the team and not be a disruption to a group that is just now beginning to find its identity after being brought together September?"

Christmas Wish List Mbb_ch10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down