Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Beavers fans here?....BYU fan...I come in peace!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Any Beavers fans here?....BYU fan...I come in peace!!!! Empty Any Beavers fans here?....BYU fan...I come in peace!!!!

Post by mountainhi Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Hello-

BYU fan here. I know you guys don't have a football team, does that mean we get a little love from Portland fans? We seem to be getting quite a bit of that from around the conference. Getting tons from Pepperdine and Santa Clara. It's a little humbling to be liked for football. Not sure why we are being chosen over other schools, but it is cool! But I also realize all bets are off when basketball starts. Many of us are coming up there this fall to watch our football team play the Beavers and you guys in basketball. What are the sites to see up there? Cool places to visit? Non-Alchoholic of course! Very Happy

Thanks
Mountainhi

mountainhi
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Any Beavers fans here?....BYU fan...I come in peace!!!! Empty Re: Any Beavers fans here?....BYU fan...I come in peace!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Non-Alchoholic of course!
Sorry, we got nothin'. Wink

Back to top Go down

Any Beavers fans here?....BYU fan...I come in peace!!!! Empty Re: Any Beavers fans here?....BYU fan...I come in peace!!!!

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Well as far as allegiance to a football team, most of us grew up rooting for one of the 4 Pac-10(2) schools... So you might not get too much traction in that department.

But as far as activities (That don't involve our favorite microbrews), Corvallis has a quaint little downtown and river area, but is a pretty small college town overall. Portland, however, has a blend of fantastic restaurants, a variety of interesting neighborhoods to wander and parks to visit, plus not too far from places like Multnomah Falls or even the Oregon coast (But that will probably be a bit chilly during hoops season). Oh and no sales tax if you feel so inclined to go buy things. I guess it all depends on what kinds of things you like to do for fun, but Portland offers a little bit of everything.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:13 am

up7587 wrote:

Post of the month. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 am

up7587 wrote:
Cheers!
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:15 am

From Portland, you should visit the Columbia River Scenic Highway, which includes Multnomah Falls and many others. You can also drive to Mt St Helens. Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood is another great scenic stop.

Closer to Corvallis, there is the Silver Falls Tour (LINK), and there is the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville, which is opening a waterpark this week. From Corvallis it is a short drive to Newport (LINK) on the coast. The Oregon Coast Aquarium is a highlight visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Crater Lake is only a two hour detour from Corvallis to Salt Lake and is definitely worth the trip. Just be sure to check the weather before you go.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:53 pm

If you are staying in Portland:

The Chinese garden has finally matured.

The Japanese garden is the best in the Western Hemisphere. I think even better than Vancouver's.

Powell's books will suck you in for several hours.

Eat! The restaurants are great. If you are interested I'll give you my list
The hot new thing is the food carts- and with over 500, the choices are endless. http://www.foodcartsportland.com/

The Portland Art museum has a great NW coast Native American exhibit.

Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down