Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help the UP Men with St. Baldrick's Fundraising

2 posters

Go down

Help the UP Men with St. Baldrick's Fundraising Empty Help the UP Men with St. Baldrick's Fundraising

Post by UPPilots Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Hey everyone,
I just saw that the men are engaged in a community service project again this year.
The project is in conjunction with the St. Baldrick's Foundation and entitles raising money to fund children's cancer research.
The guys have raised over $14,000 combined over the last two years, it seems like a great undertaking.
I also know that the project is strictly run by the guys, with no input or help coming from the coaches.
I believe Alex Kraus has been in charge of it all the last couple years.
I think we could really help them meet their goals.

Here is the link from the news release from the website:
http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2011/3/15/MSOC_0315110527.aspx

You can find the link to their fundraising page on the article, but I'll post it here as well:
http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/teamid/69802

UPPilots
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Help the UP Men with St. Baldrick's Fundraising Empty Re: Help the UP Men with St. Baldrick's Fundraising

Post by UPPilots Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 pm

No responses on this one yet, what does everyone think?

UPPilots
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Help the UP Men with St. Baldrick's Fundraising Empty St. Baldrick's

Post by GoUP Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:33 pm

It should be well supported. Having seen the "after" photos, I would say it would be very disappointing for these guys to do this without at least having the satisfaction of raising significant money for a good cause. Hopefully they lined up their summer jobs before the balding.

GoUP
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Help the UP Men with St. Baldrick's Fundraising Empty Re: Help the UP Men with St. Baldrick's Fundraising

Post by UPPilots Fri May 06, 2011 9:43 am

Some of the Pilots got their heads shaved yesterday in the early morning on Drew Carney's for KGW in a pre-event. I looked and saw that they are still about $3,000 short of their goal with a little over a week remaining, can we help them get to their goal?

UPPilots
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down