Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bracket Up: We are #2 Seed and will travel

+11
PilotNut
Geezaldinho
thepuck
pms275
UPFAN
GUPhantom
Stonehouse
Harry Redknapp
kennaprez
ejjqb
wrv
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bracket Up: We are #2 Seed and will travel - Page 2 Empty Re: Bracket Up: We are #2 Seed and will travel

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:09 pm

UPSoccerFanatic
On the other hand, the seeds did not follow the RPI. I've wondered if this would happen. If you read the NCAA rules carefully, they create criteria for the selection of participants in the Tournament, but nowhere is there an explicit statement that these are the criteria that will apply to the seeds. In fact, so far as I can find, there are no published criteria that apply to the seeding process.

That's what I thought when I read it and commented on it yesterday in the More RPI News thread. It's very carefully worded. All that RPI stuff is ONLY FOR SELECTION according to the tournament handbook. They can seed any way they want, and can completely ignore the RPI or other criteria.

Also They are STILL ignoring what the handbook says on travel. They aren't supposed to pair up seeds for travel. They are supposed to pair the lower 48 teams geographically NOT the seeds.

Here's the quote again:

NCAA Tournament Handbook
There will be four number ones, four number twos, four number threes,
and four number fours. The remaining 48 teams will be paired geographically.

(emphasis mine)

How they get from the rule that a seed is supposed to travel to make up their pairing, I don't know.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11804
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2