Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruits: Just Wondering

2 posters

Go down

Recruits: Just Wondering Empty Recruits: Just Wondering

Post by wrv Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:46 pm

I note no recruits have been publlished on the Pilot website. Any chance some of the Beaver players leaving their program end up as Pilots? Anyone know if the Pilots have signed anyone for next year?

Reviewing the roster, it looks like we have 3 scholarships left . . .

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Recruits: Just Wondering Empty Re: Recruits: Just Wondering

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:17 pm

wrv wrote:I note no recruits have been publlished on the Pilot website. Any chance some of the Beaver players leaving their program end up as Pilots? Anyone know if the Pilots have signed anyone for next year?

Reviewing the roster, it looks like we have 3 scholarships left . . .

a list of 4 was published in the O in December. I don't know about recruits since then

By Special to The Oregonian
December 08, 2009, 9:43PM
Cassandra Brown (Vernon, B.C.), Alexis Byrd (Las Vegas), Amy Pupa (Ventura, Calif.) and Elyse Snyder (Riverside, Calif.) have committed to the University of Portland women's basketball team, coach Jim Sollars said. They have each signed a national letter of intent and will join the Pilots as freshmen next fall.

Brown, a 6-foot-1 wing at Clarence Fulton Secondary School, averaged a team-high 15.6 points and 4.8 rebounds last summer to help her under-17 team to a silver medal at the Canada Summer Games.

Byrd, a 5-10 guard at Centennial High School, was last season named to the Nevada all-state second team.

Pupa, a 6-1 senior forward at Ventura High School, last season earned all-Ventura County second team honors.

Snyder, a 6-2 senior post at Patriot High School, is a two-time all-Sunkist League second team selection.

-- University of Portland
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Recruits: Just Wondering Empty Re: Recruits: Just Wondering

Post by wrv Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks--I obviously missed that . . .