Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointing loss to St. Mary's

5 posters

Go down

Disappointing loss to St. Mary's Empty Disappointing loss to St. Mary's

Post by A_Fan Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 pm

It was a disappointing afternoon shooting for the Pilots. Their shooting was uncharacteristically poor as a team with many shots left short and a final shooting percentage from the floor of about 30%. They were also cold from the free throw line and didn't rebound particularly well. Hopefully they will get things turned around before the next game.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Disappointing loss to St. Mary's Empty Re: Disappointing loss to St. Mary's

Post by girlhoops Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 am

There seems to be more going on than just bad playing. Look at the way the girls carry themselves on the court. Also looks like the coaches are not talking with each other. Heard at least 1 player has asked for transfer papers. Not good mojo going on right now.

girlhoops
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:10 pm

No that does not sound good.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:08 pm

have watched half a dozen games so far and there is, in my mind a serious problem with the coaching staff. Jim is a great person BUT, there not much organized effort on the sideline. He scrathes his head when things are going downhill and looks at the other coaches which calls for a timeout and huddle. also the players are not all on the same page at times and the offense stalls and turnovers result or a wild shot. defense is alo another problem as some of the players do not play a tough man to man.
Nuff said but to me a change is called for.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:45 pm

ifi may add to my last post, the players are not that bad, and at times youcan count on six or seven to contribute but some at times fail to show up. the bench is short in expierence is a another problem.
Their preconference record was fine, but i'm afraid the conference will be different. the coaching staff will have to get on the ball to right the ship.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by girlhoops Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 pm

upsailor....Very well said, I hope someone in the office see what is going on and will make a change. Coach Jim is a great guy but the game is way above him right now. There is a good chance the girls go o-for in the league.
Hope change is on the way

girlhoops
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Mmm...I've watched them since they were winning the banners in the Chiles Center and some of the recent seasons have been the toughest.

I know it's not all on the coaches but the short bench is not going to help the rest of the way.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:12 pm

I checked back to the comments from a year ago at this time. Several of us were calling for coach Sollars head because of the way the team was playing. We had many of the same complaints as we are now. Guess what happened as the season progressed? A second place finish in league. I'm thinking maybe we should give the coach a few more games to get the team back on the right track.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by upsailor Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:09 pm

One difference between this year and last, last year we had I believe four seniors, this year one. The bench was more expierenced and longer. True last year was excellent and the start this year also. I hope they can shake the blues, but we'll see.

upsailor
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemac65 Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Coach Sollars is, I believe, the Ted Baxter of the coaching staff. I could not believe how disorganized the team looked . The coach at times was spinning around like a whirling dervish. Then other times he would just sit there with his head in his hands and mope. Sorry, I thought he blew it when he had the great teams that went to the NCAAs four straight years.
But even moreso, his time as a head coach has passed. The program needs new blood. Beating a Dead Horse

mikemac65
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down