Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeron Lewis

3 posters

Go down

Jeron Lewis Empty Jeron Lewis

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

ESPN Story
Southern Indiana player Jeron Lewis died Thursday night, apparently from a head injury suffered during a game at Kentucky Wesleyan College. He was 21.

With about four minutes left in the game, Lewis' feet became tangled under the basket and he fell, hitting his head on the floor at Owensboro Sportscenter, multiple witnesses told the Evansville (Ind.) Courier & Press. He lay prone as trainers from both teams attended to him, and began convulsing as they tried to secure him.

"The play was under the basket. The ball was rebounded, we were on defense, and the next thing I knew -- most everyone knew -- all of a sudden the officials start blowing whistles, and Jeron was motionless with the trainer from Kentucky Wesleyan," Southern Indiana athletic department spokesman Ray Simmons told The Associated Press. "They started giving him treatment, took him to the medical center. That is where he passed away."

Lewis' death was reminiscent of the passing of former Loyola Marymount star Hank Gathers, who collapsed on the court during a West Coast Conference tournament game on March 4, 1990, and was pronounced dead about 1½ hours later.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Jeron Lewis Empty Re: Jeron Lewis

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks SS11,

Once again thank you for returning "guest" appearence. You must have a busy term , after your time overseas. Well it was nice having a "student" correspondent who posted. PP13 kinda went by the books too, oh to be young. When I was your age I was probably spending most of my study time, etc... in a adult establishment like Stoney, and Nut took me too last year, lol. 🐰

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote: in a adult establishment like Stoney, and Nut took me too last year, lol. 🐰

Let me just clarify that it was a bar. Not some other type of "adult establishment" that you might be thinking... Rolling Eyes

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm gonna try to be around more. I had a BUSY winter at home; I was working full time and trying to see everyone and do everything. It was fun, but it didn't leave much time for lounging online. Plus, I didn't have anything to say after that UW game...

Mesa are you ready for your trip up here next week? Maybe Nut and Stoney can show you a good time again. Dancing Bear Bare??? lol!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:20 am

I know Stoney is probably busy with his new job...But, I'm sure going to try and introduce the "Basketballhead" to you guys. He's bringing his g/f though and will be minus the getup I'm sure will meet some of the guys at the pregame Wally social.

"Basketballhead" returns in full force at the WCC tourney.

MesaPilot1 Party!!!

Golf Clubs, Laptop, hmm, what an I forgetting for my trip to Portland, oh...suitcase......what the heck all I need is what Im wearing I'll just buy a new PilotNation shirt everyday I'm there,lol.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down