Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots vs. UCLA, Sat. 11/28, 5pm, Los Angeles

+36
ekrauss
Sinclair Fan
UPFAN
fan from afar
gnarly
'78 Alum
chiefer
Stonehouse
UPSoccerFanatic
letsgopilots11
wyeast
Geezaldinho
golaso
Telionis
SoreKnees
ktinpurple
skip hobart
GUPhantom
pms275
soccerjoy
Harry Redknapp
ohhh_yeah
Poopdeck Pappy
A_Fan
merlogirl
DaTruRochin
slick
mattywizz
runner girl
fozziewozzie
onetouchfutbol
ShipstadPilot11
PilotNut
PilotDrummer
PurplePrideTrumpet
FANatic
40 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pilots vs. UCLA, Sat. 11/28, 5pm, Los Angeles - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots vs. UCLA, Sat. 11/28, 5pm, Los Angeles

Post by ohhh_yeah Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:12 pm

ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Pilots vs. UCLA, Sat. 11/28, 5pm, Los Angeles - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots vs. UCLA, Sat. 11/28, 5pm, Los Angeles

Post by PilotDrummer Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:36 pm

UCLA goal in 30th minute.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:39 pm

UCLA goal, 34th minute.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Portland is getting killed on shot attempts.
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:54 pm

Wow. Fantastic start, but after that...just unacceptable. Wish I could see it to get a better feel for things. But, from what I'm hearing and reading in GameTracker, this is completely one-sided for UCLA. Geez. Let's go Pilots!
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:12 pm

Its all about momentum! Can the team flip the switch in the 2nd half and do like the Bruins did in the 1st half? This is feeling like the TAM match....slugglish and poor ball control. Hearing too much of Leroux and Cheney! C'mon Pilots...turn it around...let's do this!

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by skip hobart Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:25 pm

i am usually a reader, and not a contributor, but i can't stand the thought of Jillian Ellis winning another game. After watching her interviewed at half time during the 2005 championship game, i find it hard why anyone would play for her. 1. she recruits over the top of her players and keeps a pool of nearly 40 players 2. her team plays ugly soccer, 3. and what put me over the top is how she in 2005 publicly call out individual players and had negative comments about them on national broadcasts during that half time. players are just numbers to her. My friends and I call her the Wicked Witch of the West.

skip hobart
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:05 pm

I can't believe we've lost to them three times down there. It's almost like they're one of those teams that just has our number because once they get past us they always lose. Stanford is going to blow them out. Minor consolation. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:06 pm

well, it's 7:05 pm an since there isnt any update since the score was 2-1 for ucla i can only assume that we have lost once again to ucla.

hate, hate, hate ucla but i feel confident that we will prevail once again along the way.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ktinpurple Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Don't mind me... I'm just sitting here feeling the hate seeping out of my pores
ktinpurple
ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pms275 Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:15 pm

ktinpurple wrote:Don't mind me... I'm just sitting here feeling the hate seeping out of my pores

You and me both. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go kick a hole in the wall. LOL
pms275
pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:18 pm

fozziewozzie wrote:well, it's 7:05 pm an since there isnt any update since the score was 2-1 for ucla i can only assume that we have lost once again to ucla.

hate, hate, hate ucla but i feel confident that we will prevail once again along the way.

And that is how it finished.

Not what anybody wanted, but still a great season. The countdown to 2010 starts now.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ktinpurple Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:21 pm

We'll miss you seniors! On to greatness now!
ktinpurple
ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Pilots vs. UCLA, Sat. 11/28, 5pm, Los Angeles - Page 2 UCLA-Color
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:33 pm

We will miss our seniors. But our new recruits and the continued improvement of the other players on our roster will make us stronger than ever in 2010. Twisted Evil
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:57 pm

FANatic wrote:We will miss our seniors. But our new recruits and the continued improvement of the other players on our roster will make us stronger than ever in 2010. Twisted Evil

I think, and hope, that you're right, Fanatic. I wonder if it's time to worry about "determination fatigue." Four years in a row we've had the same sad ending and come back "more determined than ever." A lot was said this year about conditioning and preparing for more physical play. We did that, and still ended up getting muscled out of the tournament. I wonder if they can come back with that determination to get over the top yet again after another setback, this time with no excuses. (Yes, Michelle was out, but so was Kara Lang, which evens out.)

Next year's squad should be even more talented than the one we sent out there tonight. The incoming class looks deep and very good. Cloee will be a redshirt freshman as well. We lose little: As great as Kelsey was, she was underutilized all year (because the defense was so good) and we will have a lot of promising replacements. We have lots of replacements for Megan, and Janelle never got a lot of playing time.

My only worry is whether they can regroup mentally, yet again, and come out determined to make 2010 the year. There are a lot of seniors who will be in their final years, so it will be up to them to lead the team in aggressive off-season training.

Will Sophie be missing a lot of action for 2011 WWC qualifying? What about the U20 WC, is that up again and will it affect Cloee or others?
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Telionis Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Ohhhhhh.... Sad

Sorry guys. I was pulling for you!!! It was total bullsh-t that UCLA was seeded higher than you guys in the first place.

Are you guys soccer fans in general, do you mostly watch Portland? If it's the former, we still have the US team to root for in the World Cup!

Your basketball team must be great too. You guys utterly sodomized UCLA a few days ago right?
Telionis
Telionis
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by golaso Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:04 pm

i know this was a crushing loss...but before we move on from this season and begin thinking about next year...remember that our men are still playing! all is not lost! lets give them all of our support for a huge game tomorrow!
go pilots!

golaso
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:11 pm

ummm... Embarassed

Posted by 20yearpilotfan
November 28, 2009, 6:13PM

"Half-time with UP outshot 18-1 by UCLA ....... Ah, yes - the Lady Pilot Soccer fans, as I have been saying since the playoff seeding, have had their partisan heads in the sand - do any of you examine the talent and listen to and/or watch the play of the top teams throughout the season and in the playoffs? Portland, my favorite team for 20 years, is clearly 2nd tier this year. UCLA fans have not "crowded" their stadium to see this "footnote" prior to the Final Four next weekend (today's attendance is only the 2nd largest of their season). Pilot fans are now free to acknowledge my clear vision and to spend time next weekend helping out at shelters for the homeless or some other work of social justice - a great opportunity to live in the real world and stop wishing Portland was #1 (or #2 or #3 or #4). Portland had it's days-in-the-sun with the extraordinary talent of Christine Sinclair....it's unlikely to happen again."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pilots/index.ssf/2009/11/ucla_dominates_action_in_first.html
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:30 pm

20year is a UCLA fan who lives in Portland. He just made me a Stanford fan. Then UCLA will again be the best team to have never won anything.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11805
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Telionis wrote:Ohhhhhh.... Sad

Sorry guys. I was pulling for you!!! It was total bullsh-t that UCLA was seeded higher than you guys in the first place.

Are you guys soccer fans in general, do you mostly watch Portland? If it's the former, we still have the US team to root for in the World Cup!

Your basketball team must be great too. You guys utterly sodomized UCLA a few days ago right?

Thanks for the sympathy. hand it to UCLA, they came at us and it took us too long to adjust. Not all is lost. We only lose one starter from this game, will get back some injured players, and have some great recruits coming in.

We'll just have to come back at 'em again next year.

Here's to a rematch with VT and with UCLA.

Portland is a soccer town, so yeah, we pay attention to what's going on with the National scene.

Our men Play Virginia tomorrow, so we still have a Pilots soccer team to root for, and of course our men's Basketball team is giving us some consolation that they embarrassed UCLA on Thursday.

Did I mention it was 74-47 ?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Here's some screen shots of where PilotNation was during the game.

Pilots vs. UCLA, Sat. 11/28, 5pm, Los Angeles - Page 2 Pictur13

Pilots vs. UCLA, Sat. 11/28, 5pm, Los Angeles - Page 2 Pictur14
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:23 pm

ohhh_yeah wrote:ummm... Embarassed

Posted by 20yearpilotfan
November 28, 2009, 6:13PM

Preston Burpo is my all time fave. I love Krispy Kremes. Later I will EADIAF.

Come on D. You know better than to read OregonLive comments. Wink

Telionis,

The Pilots are my college team. The Timbers are the club I support. They will be moving up to MLS in 2011 and the excitement over that has already begun. Luckily they play in the summer so the schedule conflicts are kept to a minimum and I can follow both. Of course I will also be watching the US in South Africa next summer.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by wyeast Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Goal Celebration! I would like to thank the women's team for giving us another great season. I am lucky to live nearby Portland so I can be part of this great community of soccer!
When I moved to Oregon 22 years ago, I wanted to 1) be near the mountains and 2) near a town with a decent women's soccer league to play in. U of P soccer, men's and women's, geared up more soon after I moved here. I am lucky to be a fan.
Goal Celebration!

wyeast
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Poopdeck Pappy Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:03 pm

I wish I was the one who was listening to the game from Italy. It may have made the loss a little less painful if I could go down to the piazza afterwards to get a big scoop of gelato.
Poopdeck Pappy
Poopdeck Pappy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next