Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

+10
MesaPilot1
Rob's Jacket
goldhelmet
DaTruRochin
ShipstadPilot11
PilotNut
onetouchfutbol
pilotram
mattywizz
Rochin54
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 4 Empty Re: Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Hip,Hip,Hooray!!! Somebody's season is over. Well at least I had North Carolina in my Bracket.

Another year without drivel..... Sad Very Happy

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 4 Empty Re: Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:14 pm

Stupid Zags. My bracket is busted. I needed a UNC choke, and a 'Cuse charge to win this deal. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:53 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:YES!!! I'm not in last anymore!!! I'm gunning for you Rob's Bracket.... Razz

Rob's Bracket is traditionally masterful at finishing just off the foot of the table.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:15 pm

Excerpts from PPT's postgame remarks:

"I have to give the other brackets a lot of credit. They came out strong, executed their game plan, and really got my bracket out of sync.

"I love the way my bracket competed and stayed in it to the end. I'm so proud of my bracket--all season long it believed in itself and never gave up.

"The better bracket won tonight. The other brackets have a ton of talent and I wish them the best of luck in the Final Four."

I think I could coach. Or at least conduct a postgame press conference. Wink
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Both brackets played hard. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Bracket don't lie.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:23 pm

" I really love the mental toughness that both Canann and Ray have shown. .. You know, we've had a bunch of guys give us thier best shots. We've stumbled a little bit with Memphis getting upset, but we've managed to keep our poise at critical times, and we've still managed to put ourselves in a position to win. As a bracket coach, you know, heading into the Final Four, you really can't ask for anything more than that."
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:33 am

"Our bracket got off to a rough start, but I think we've picked up some momentum and can move forward from here. The first couple of rounds were a great learning experience."

"I'm looking forward to a very competitive end to the season. I think every bracket deserves to be here, and it'll be fun to see who comes out on top."

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:04 am

Thank you Villanova. Very Happy

"In the end, the bracket that scores the most points wins the contest."
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:29 am

athleticjames wrote:Thank you Villanova. Very Happy

"In the end, the bracket that scores the most points wins the contest."

I was thinking

@!&% you Villanova.

I have officially taken my trophy off the mantel and am preparing it for shipping. Congrats to whoever wins, I'll send the trophy promptly, it is a beautiful piece of artwork.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Yikes, I get ZERO correct in the final four??!! Worst bracket ever! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:27 pm

up7587 wrote:Yikes, I get ZERO correct in the final four??!! Worst bracket ever! Evil or Very Mad

No, that belongs to 54! cheers

Go North Carolina. I can still pick the winner and finish in the middle of the pack
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Yeah, UNC might be my salvation now. I messed up the Michigan State pick.

My bracket is bizarre. On the regions on the right side, I've picked every game correctly except 2, but, on the left side I have 12 mistakes. Go figure. If UNC wins the rest of their games, I'm in great shape.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:05 pm

According to the Yahoo scenario generator, here is how the final four breaks down in Pilot Nation:

If the following happens:

MSU over Nova - aleppiek and New UP Fan tie.

MSU over UNC - I win.

UCONN over Nova - coooooold smoke and I tie.

UCONN over UNC - I win.

Nova over UCONN - cooooooldsmoke and I tie.

Nova over MSU - aleppiek and New UP fan tie.

UNC beats either UCONN or MSU - athletic james wins.

I picked Memphis, so I'm kind of surprised I'm still in contention in several different scenarios.

The way UNC is playing, athletic james is looking pretty good right now. Regardless of the outcome, this has been fun - (although I still don't know why I picked Memphis when they couldn't make a free throw or a perimiter shot to save their own life). Thanks Rochin 54 for organizing it once again.
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Despite how it would have affected the bracket, I would have loved to have seen Earl, Samuels, and the athletes of Louisville go a little bit farther. Great athletes...horrible free throw shooting team though.

Those are interesting scenarios...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:47 pm

If this was women's soccer, I would never say this...but, for the sake of winning the bleeping trophy, GO UNC! (By the way, the game is on at 5:45 pm tomorrow night, I believe...)
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 pm

The first game is at 6ish my time...which would be 3 for the rest of y'all. I'm excited, I actually get to watch these ones unlike last weekend.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:19 pm

It looks like it will be Michigan State vs. UNC. It could be interesting if both Magic and Jordan are courtside...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:28 pm

So, if it's UNC, James is our winner. And if it's MSU, it is Canaan and Ray. Well played, gentlemen.

And thanks to Rochin54, the perfect host. Sets up the contest, and then makes sure he comes in last so that no one else feels a lack of self esteem.

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:26 pm

Do you know what's better than cheering for MSU in a bar filled with UCONN fans?

If you do let me know, then I'll do that next week!!

Funny thing is, I don't really like Sparty.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:51 am

I think this is going to be a great game if MSU plays near as well as they did against UConn. I'd like to win this pool, but, at the same time I don't want to watch a boring blow out victory for UNC either. MSU had some great moments like the dunk by Summers in the victory over UConn. I hope there are some moments like that on both sides. If MSU pulls the upset, they will have definitely earned it by taking out 3 #1 seeds in Louisville, UConn, and UNC. That would be something...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Sparty Evil or Very Mad
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Nice video, but, I think that the Spartans are going down...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Did anyone else read this article?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney09/news/story?id=4043898

Seriously your conference did well? 9-6 isn't bad? What about 4-6? That is what everyone but Michigan St. did.

If Pittsburgh beats Louisville tonight I think I win our bracket challenge!!
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next