Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

+10
MesaPilot1
Rob's Jacket
goldhelmet
DaTruRochin
ShipstadPilot11
PilotNut
onetouchfutbol
pilotram
mattywizz
Rochin54
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Mine was clearly DOA... I probably should have taken more than 26.34 seconds to fill it out....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: Annual Pilot Nation Bracket Challenge

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:53 pm

I took a big dive in the round of 32. I guess I'm not like some people who pick the favorites in the round of 32, I like to see an upset. That's one aspect of "March Madness" I enjoy.

From 7 to 14th,for u math guy's is there anyway I can pull out of it and at least finish respectful? I'm too lazy to figure it out. Heck Stonehouse and I are neck and neck Rolling Eyes .

80 degree's and chilly Cool

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Mesa, on Yahoo!, use the Scenario Generator. You can do every kind of what-if situation you want and it'll show the full standings for the group. You can even tell it to overwrite all remaining games with your picks (if they're still possible) and see how you'd finish.
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Cool, I'm not dead, yet! But I agree with the earlier comment: the State of Utah done me wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:00 am

Nice job taking the lead, goldhelmet. I don't think Memphis is going to win it all, but, who knows. Tareke is pretty amazing, and they play great defense... I think UNC is deeper though.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:30 am

I know it is blasphemy, but I have Gonzaga putting UNC out of their misery. Then I have Blake Griffin stomping Heytfeltd (Sp?) to death.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:02 am

athleticjames wrote:Nice job taking the lead, goldhelmet. I don't think Memphis is going to win it all, but, who knows. Tareke is pretty amazing, and they play great defense... I think UNC is deeper though.

I'm not sure they will either. I knew everyone was going to pick UNC and Louisville, so I thought my chances would go up if I picked someone who not as many people would pick, but still had a pretty good shot at it. Whether that strategy pays off, I don't know, we'll see...

I'm a little more concerned about my office pool, where $300 first prize is at stake. I need a lot of things to go my way for that to happen with 69 entries.
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:43 am

aleppiek wrote:I know it is blasphemy, but I have Gonzaga putting UNC out of their misery. Then I have Blake Griffin stomping Heytfeltd (Sp?) to death.

I don't think that's going to happen, but, it's not impossible. Pargo and Hayfield did well as freshmen against UNC, but, this team is much more mature and deeper. As a sports fan from the Seattle area, I can't root for Clay Bennett's Sooners...or any team from the state of the Pittsburg Steelers (Pitt)...so, I went with my heart in choosing against those teams. That might be my downfall in this contest if Oklahoma and Pitt continue to advance. Oh well...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:42 am

Goldhelmet are you sure your not in the same pool with the UCLA FB coach???lol His dad,my attorney at the time, was Embarassed when that whole "incident" went down at Washington, of course he wouldn't admit that. He wouldn't comment to me when I brought up the Colorado problem's he had before either. I have to admit if Rick N. were half the FB coach that his dad was an attorney I believe by now he would have won many Big Twelve and Pac Ten FB titles even competing against Oklahoma and SC.What a man with integrity,honesty,and class was Richard SR Smile .

Atta boy to you Goldhelmet for leading the pack so far cheers .

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:54 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote:Goldhelmet are you sure your not in the same pool with the UCLA FB coach???lol His dad,my attorney at the time, was Embarassed when that whole "incident" went down at Washington, of course he wouldn't admit that. He wouldn't comment to me when I brought up the Colorado problem's he had before either. I have to admit if Rick N. were half the FB coach that his dad was an attorney I believe by now he would have won many Big Twelve and Pac Ten FB titles even competing against Oklahoma and SC.What a man with integrity,honesty,and class was Richard SR Smile .

Atta boy to you Goldhelmet for leading the pack so far cheers .

Even growing up as a Husky fan, I always despised Slick Rick. I'm sure he'll never enter a pool again...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:05 pm

I played HS football with a guy who also played QB at UCLA the same time Rick N. was the QB there. They were frat brothers and best friends. He swears Rick is a good guy. I have my doubts...

I understand the "Slick Rick" reputation. He went to law school, and I think that's where he "pushed the envelope", so to speak, with the NCAA rules. He thought he was smarter than the NCAA and could get them on technicalities.

I always thought the office pool thing at UW was an excuse to fire him (and a pretty lame one at that - a jury thought so as well) for earlier things he did - like lying about interviewing for the SF 49'rs job. I wouldn't have blamed them for firing him for that, but the office pool thing was a joke IMO.

ND and USC are now going head to head with UCLA for the same football recruits, and it's amzing to me how well he recruits considering how bad a team he has. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see UCLA up for recruiting violations in the next few years. I'm sure the NCAA is watching Rick like a hawk.

Last edited by goldhelmet on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Yeah, well it may have also had something to do with all of his players running wild over Seattle as general menaces to society too... But yeah, the office pool was like the lynchpin that technically could be a questionable and "firable" (I know that isn't a word) offense that the A Dept was desperately looking for.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:Yeah, well it may have also had something to do with all of his players running wild over Seattle as general menaces to society too... But yeah, the office pool was like the lynchpin that technically could be a questionable and "firable" (I know that isn't a word) offense that the A Dept was desperately looking for.

The office pool would not have been such a big deal except I believe the amount at stake was supposedly like $20,000 and other high profile athletes like Detlef Schrempf were involved too. But, seriously that was not what ticked me off about him. I was more offended by players allegedly raping intoxicated female students, and Rick and the football staff supposedly pointing them in the direction of the lawyers who would bail them out... Anyway, there are plenty of articles about guys like Jeremy Stevens and others. I don't hold Slick Rick responsible for all of that, but, it would be naive to think that he didn't know it was going on. I personally preferred the Don James years. But, enough about that.

How 'bout them Pilots!
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:58 pm

athleticjames wrote:How 'bout them Pilots!

Please! Enough Fuskie chatter! tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:01 pm

Would you prefer politics??
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:04 pm

How 'bout them Pilots!

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:06 pm

up7587 wrote:How 'bout them Pilots!

Finally something we can agree upon!! cheers
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Up my bracket is going downhill,so I thought I would distract you

guys with some negative side talk. It's always fun to Beating a Dead Horse many years later.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Anybody watching UNC vs. GU tomorrow night? Those who use video simulations to predict games have UNC winning by about 18. LOL. It could happen. The idea of using video simulations to predict games kind of cracks me up though...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:59 pm

YES!!! I'm not in last anymore!!! I'm gunning for you Rob's Bracket.... Razz
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:52 pm

I've come to realize picking Pitt really is not good for one's stress level, but then again Levance Fields is playing completely ridiculous ball.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:00 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:I've come to realize picking Pitt really is not good for one's stress level, but then again Levance Fields is playing completely ridiculous ball.

Although watching him is pretty rollercoaster-esque as well... It's the classic "WHY DID YOU DO.... Oh wait YES!!!" complex with shot selection...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by goldhelmet Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Why, why, WHY did I pick Memphis??? They can't make a free throw or a perimiter shot to save their life. Hitting my head agai
goldhelmet
goldhelmet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:47 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:
PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:I've come to realize picking Pitt really is not good for one's stress level, but then again Levance Fields is playing completely ridiculous ball.

Although watching him is pretty rollercoaster-esque as well... It's the classic "WHY DID YOU DO.... Oh wait YES!!!" complex with shot selection...

DTR,

That was my exact reaction to his gunslinger 3pt shot in the last minute as I watched on my laptop while cooking dinner. It was that "Oh no what are you...... YEAH!!!!!" Moment. Thank goodness too, my bracket was in serious trouble... as is tonight should set a clear frontrunner. I have the Zags over NC, and whoever I am tied with... goldhelmet is it you? has UNC.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Are we supposed to root for Gonzaga tonight? I'm not, I just can't...mostly because I have UNC in the final four and I need to defend my PilotNation bracket challenge Crown. But even more so, because I can't stand the Zags.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next