Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 Schedule?

+12
pms275
mattywizz
purple haze
aleppiek
Auto Pilot
gnarly
PurplePrideTrumpet
Geezaldinho
onetouchfutbol
UPSoccerFanatic
fan from afar
SoreKnees
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2009 Schedule? - Page 4 Empty Re: 2009 Schedule?

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:44 am

I agree. We're slightly better than half-members of the Pac Ten this year. (We play 5 of their schools. The Pac Ten teams play 9.) With both conferences being very high in the average RPI rankings this year (Pac 10 at #1 and WCC at #3 or 4), that's good for both conferences' teams' strengths of schedule, given the large amount of cross-conference play.

I hadn't thought of it before, but the Pilots playing a large number of Pac Ten teams may be a good RPI insurance policy against the possibility of an off-year for the WCC. Of course, the Pilots have to win their Pac Ten games. One more to go, and a very tough one I predict.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

2009 Schedule? - Page 4 Empty Re: 2009 Schedule?

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 am

UPSoccerFanatic wrote:I agree. We're slightly better than half-members of the Pac Ten this year. (We play 5 of their schools. The Pac Ten teams play 9.) With both conferences being very high in the average RPI rankings this year (Pac 10 at #1 and WCC at #3 or 4), that's good for both conferences' teams' strengths of schedule, given the large amount of cross-conference play.

I hadn't thought of it before, but the Pilots playing a large number of Pac Ten teams may be a good RPI insurance policy against the possibility of an off-year for the WCC. Of course, the Pilots have to win their Pac Ten games. One more to go, and a very tough one I predict.

and we don't get a hit for playing Arizona this year, which the other PAC10 teams will in their element 2. So we are pretty closely tied to them and might get better benefit from our involvement with the PAC10 than they do.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11804
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4