Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instructions to the band regarding Thursday's game

5 posters

Go down

Instructions to the band regarding Thursday's game Empty Instructions to the band regarding Thursday's game

Post by PilotDrummer Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 am

Just got Dr. Murphy's e-mail regarding Thursday's game. Thought there were some funny bits worth sharing:

(1) Game time is 8:00 pm, so call time is 7:30. I would suggest leaving more time than usual to get to Chiles Center—there were only 100 tickets left as of Saturday night, and I’m sure it’s sold out by now. Parking will be a zoo.

(2) The game is being televised nationally on ESPN2—make sure you wear THIS YEAR’S shirt and khakis. Wrong shirt/pants—go home.

(3) If you have class, you are certainly welcome to come when your class is over, even at 9:30. This is a potentially historic moment in UP athletics history, and it’s something you don’t want to miss.

(4) When the clock hits 0:00 and we’ve won (!), you may feel the urge to rush the court with the rest of the student body. Make sure your instrument is safe before going. Trumpet “death by trampling” is never pretty. Nor is trombonist “death my music stand impalation.”

If I rush the court, it'll be me with a camera trying to appear to be a photojournalist.
Note to self...take off wig prior to rushing court if that be the case...
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Instructions to the band regarding Thursday's game Empty Re: Instructions to the band regarding Thursday's game

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am

Whaaaa?

You guys aren't going to be playing the fight song when the students rush the court?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Instructions to the band regarding Thursday's game Empty Re: Instructions to the band regarding Thursday's game

Post by PilotDrummer Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:36 am

I think there's about six students in the band that'll rush the court. But, if all we have are the community members (all us "old" people), that's enough to play the fight song. Smile
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:41 am

I cant guaranty that I wont be on the floor if we win... Rolling Eyes

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:41 pm

I'll be rushing back and forth between my "homer" radio, and the ESPN on the TV. That's about all the rushing I'll be doing if we win. I may even treat myself to a cone at the local Mcdonald's so the kid's can say "Oh, Portland State wow, you mean the Portland Trailblazers" upon which I will have to imform them of my true allegiance.

We are the U of P!

The Excitement GROWS.......Make lot's of noise for me. Ive even have some quazi-converted UCLA fans coming over. Of course their sick of hearing Gonzaga fan's toot their horns when "their team" has been to the last three final fours. 3 cones at the MesaPilot's house Thursday night. drunken

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:45 pm

I just put in a request for Friday off. God help us if we win. drunken
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:39 pm

PilotDrummer wrote:(2) The game is being televised nationally on ESPN2—make sure you wear THIS YEAR’S shirt and khakis. Wrong shirt/pants—go home.

Note to self...take off wig prior to rushing court if that be the case...

Better make sure that is this year's purple wig, too! Rules

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:58 pm

PilotDrummer wrote:I just put in a request for Friday off. God help us if we win. drunken

Yeah, with the late start Friday morning was never going to be productive for me win or lose.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:03 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
PilotDrummer wrote:I just put in a request for Friday off. God help us if we win. drunken

Yeah, with the late start Friday morning was never going to be productive for me win or lose.
I decided it was more productive to either drink or sleep in, pending the outcome.

I'm bringing a rather large surprise on Thursday. Should be REAL easy to see and hear. Very Happy
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down