Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr?

+6
onetouchfutbol
Rob's Jacket
IronLions
mensbballfan
PurplePrideTrumpet
MesaPilot1
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr? Empty Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr?

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:30 pm

I watched them at Hawaii tourney on ESPN. One game the freshmen were great,and Porter looked good. The other game so,so? Natron(SP) is the only one on their team who looked great,and consistent. If Kramer,Robin,and Luke can box him and the freshman from Chicago off the boards I think the Pilot's will do great,otherwise ???. Porter is not Aaron Brooks for sure,I think T.J. will do Ok on him. Oh, the Portland freshman is looking great at off-guard but he's not quite to Nik's level YET thank goodness. Maybe if Rev keeps improving in the future he will have a shot at these big-time Portland kids not leaving home for bigger programs.

Go Pilot's cream the Ducks's,

MesaPilot1

P.S. When is Ethan coming back guys? We need his intangibles,whether he scores double figures,and shoot's great,his toughness and hustle would really give the Pilot's a "spark" about now when they need it. No confirmed knowledge on Hegarty,but he seems to the hardest 7'1" guy to find on the bluff. This is only speculation but he seemed to disapear(back East?). I am sure a current student can fill us in especially now that the player's have finished first term finals. Good question this week on Rev's Podcast would be,Where's John?

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr? Empty Re: Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr?

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Haha! It could be a big game, although UW was pretty sweet. Actually, with playoff soccer games the day before and the day after, that was one of the best weekends I've had as a Pilot fan.

Their veteran big man is Joevan Catron, but the other post players don't have much experience. They certainly miss Maarty Leunen. Sim and Porter have their ups and downs shooting, and I also noticed the Ducks had issues with turnovers like the Pilots. I know there were rumors here last year Sim might come here, but that was pretty ambitious thinking. You are right--if Rev keeps doing what he's doing he will land some of the locals.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr? Empty Re: Oregon game? PurplePTrumpets big game of yr?

Post by mensbballfan Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:56 pm

No confirmed knowledge on Hegarty,but he seems to the hardest 7'1" guy to find on the bluff. This is only speculation but he seemed to disapear(back East?). I am sure a current student can fill us in especially now that the player's have finished first term finals. Good question this week on Rev's Podcast would be,Where's John?

John hasn't been around campus since at least fall break. The only thing us students have heard is that he has gone home indefinitly for "personal reasons". Sorry for such a vague answer, but that is the best I've answer I've heard!

mensbballfan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by IronLions Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:43 pm

Good Luck vs. Oregon Pilots. It would be lovely for you guys to knock off two Pac 10 teams in one season. Basketball
IronLions
IronLions
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:47 pm

IronLions wrote:Good Luck vs. Oregon Pilots. It would be lovely for you guys to knock off two Pac 10 teams in one season. Basketball

Too bad Oregon State won't play us anymore . . .

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:36 pm

18-13 Ducks are on top. I hate to be a pessimist early, but, I don't like our chances without Ethan... Crying or Very sad
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Wow. Killing them at the free throw line and only down 9. If we could get into the bonus, we could really make this competitive down to the final horn...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Mad Mad Mad TURNOVERS!!!!! Mad Mad Mad

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:55 pm

RAIVIO!!! Tied at 62-62... come on Pilots!

4 minute to go...
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:56 pm

PILOTS TAKE THE LEAD!!!

64-63... oh man... 3 minutes left!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Tied at 67-67... Stohl with a HUGE three.

Two minutes left...
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Raivio misses a three, Porter misses a three...

Pilots ball, one minute left, game tied, Pilots just called their last timeout after Sikma nearly caughed it up.

Oh man oh man!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:03 pm

Bah... UP turnover. Shocker.

Sim hits two free throws.

Pilots down two, less than a minute to go.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:04 pm

CAMPBELL HITS A THREE!!!!!!!!!!1

70-69 UP leading... 30 seconds to go... AHHHH!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:10 pm

Going to OT... tied at 70.

TERRIBLE foul call on Sikma. He had a clean block, but the ref bailed out the Ducks. Catron hit 1 of 2... Campbell's shot to win at the other end rimmed out.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:12 pm

Stohl hits a pair... Pilots up 72-70. 4 minutes to go.

Stohl has 21 points.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Pilots up 74-73... Ito bricks wide open three.... ah!

2:30 to go...
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:17 pm

Nik hits one of two, Smeulders gets the board off the second and gets fouled... Robin makes one of two, Pilots up 76-73, two minutes to go.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:18 pm

76-75 after bad turnover by Campbell... Pilot ball with one minute to go.

Oh man!!!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:22 pm

Oh my gosh... wild play... Smeulders almost loses it throws it blindly over his shoulder, Stohl takes a three and misses, Pilots somehow get the board, Nik gets trapped in the corner and calls a timeout. WHEW.

So... Pilot ball... up by 1, 38 seconds to go with a full shot clock.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Killer... couldn't get the ball inbounds.

Oregon ball.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:24 pm

Crap. Porter hits a runner. 77-76 Oregon lead.

Pilot ball with 30 seconds left.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:26 pm

UGHHHHHHHHH... Raivio gets hammered... no call. Smeulders scores a putback with 0.7 seconds left, but they call over the back.

Unbelievable.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:31 pm

79-76 final after two free throws.

Man, I thought I was bringing good luck by giving the game updates... I was wrong.

Turnovers were the killer... we had two bad ones in OT, none more costly than the five second call on the inbounding play.

HOWEVER... two really tough calls on the Pilots... Sikma had a clean block at the end of regulation, and Nik was pretty clearly fouled at the end of OT. But... on the road with Pac-10 officials... I guess you expect it.

Stohl, Raivio, Campbell all played their hearts out... couldn't get much going in the paint.

Overall, a tough, tough loss that we had an opportunity to win. But you do have to like they way they battled back in the second half after it looked like it was going to get a way from us. We hit some big, big shots down the stretch.

I'm disappointed, but... nice to see us keep playing tough on the road.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:31 pm

So close. Man, this team knows how to dangle the carrot of an upset... Sad
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next