Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UofP vs. NAU (Nov. 14th, 8 p.m. Kickoff)

+10
DaTruRochin
Auto Pilot
Harry Redknapp
UPSoccerFanatic
PilotDrummer
SoreKnees
Stonehouse
aleppiek
Rochin54
ohhh_yeah
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

UofP vs. NAU (Nov. 14th, 8 p.m. Kickoff) - Page 3 Empty Bench

Post by Harry Redknapp Tue Nov 11 2008, 12:24

I agree that we'll see less from subs unless someone is hurt or UP is up by 3.

Halley and Janelle are the two I think will get some time. I don't think Kristen or Emma will play much.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

UofP vs. NAU (Nov. 14th, 8 p.m. Kickoff) - Page 3 Empty Re: UofP vs. NAU (Nov. 14th, 8 p.m. Kickoff)

Post by Auto Pilot Tue Nov 11 2008, 12:25

I was listening to Christine Sinclair, Cat Whitehill and some other annoying lady on TV so this fan didn't hear you for that one. Also how could anyone concentrate in the presence of such greatness?

Also Aleppiek as we say in rehab. Quiting is for losers. Induge your Pilot Nation jones.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

UofP vs. NAU (Nov. 14th, 8 p.m. Kickoff) - Page 3 Empty Re: UofP vs. NAU (Nov. 14th, 8 p.m. Kickoff)

Post by aleppiek Tue Nov 11 2008, 12:25

Yeah, I think that having Halley who can play several positions is helpful, In a pinch I have seen enough out of Emma to be reasonably comfortable, as well as Kristen if she is available.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Tue Nov 11 2008, 21:42

Wasn't it the NAU Coach.... who I think gave us the quote of the year? I'm paraphrasing...

"Ellie Reed cut us up....like Grandpa craving the turkey during Thanksgiving"

I bet the LumberJacks are very happy that Ellie is on "vacation"!! But, take away her hat trick....I think a 4-0 1st round playoff tuneup victory is still reasonable!!!?

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhh_yeah Tue Nov 11 2008, 21:53

GUPhantom wrote: I think a 4-0 1st round playoff tuneup victory is still reasonable!!!?

GO PILOTS!!!

We Always Win 4-nil!!! Laughing
ohhh_yeah
ohhh_yeah
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Wed Nov 12 2008, 07:45

ohhh_yeah wrote:
GUPhantom wrote: I think a 4-0 1st round playoff tuneup victory is still reasonable!!!?

GO PILOTS!!!

We Always Win 4-nil!!! Laughing

Warm up the backup keeper...
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Wed Nov 12 2008, 07:59

I think we can count on seeing Janelle Jacka in the NAU game at some point, since she has the most experience off the bench. She is also a regular sub for either Jackman (leg cramps) or Megan R (need to rest her for next game) because those two are likely to earn a break. Halley too; she has shown she can come in and make good things happen up front; would she be sent in to play midfield in the playoffs after not playing there (as best I know) all season? Kristen Kelly had one arm wrapped and some very blue fingers on that hand at the last home game.

This will be Jessica's game to shine. NAU couldn't stop Ellie last time, and can't stop Jessica this time. She and Megan S will spend so much time in the NAU zone that the Lumberjacks should charge them rent.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Nov 12 2008, 08:06

I believe that Halley did sub in on the wing a time or 2.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Wed Nov 12 2008, 08:11

If Kelly can't go, Olivier can always move back to the back line in case of injury and Sophie could play holding mid.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 12 2008, 08:15

SoreKnees wrote:If Kelly can't go, Olivier can always move back to the back line in case of injury and Sophie could play holding mid.

Jackman and Kreminski could also play there. Jackman and Kelly were the central midfielders during one of the games in Seattle. Kennesaw State, I think.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11809
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Nov 12 2008, 08:20

The nice thing about this bunch is that they all are so multitalented, almost any of them could play anywhere.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by fan from afar Wed Nov 12 2008, 10:52

Remembering how Elli dominated from left outside mid with her speed last time they played, NAU might be counting their blessings that she will not be there. However, wait until they get a load of Meghan R. at that same position.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Nov 12 2008, 10:57

Fan,

I think in that game Ellie was actually attacking from left back and was playing behind Enyeart. I think that Megan should give them fits on the outside though.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by fan from afar Wed Nov 12 2008, 13:14

You are correct, aleppiek. I should have remembered better, because I was there - it was one of the two games I saw in person while visiting my daughgter. Incidently, that lineup was possibly a preview of next fall. Ellie and Enyeart put lots of pressure on a defense on that side.
fan from afar
fan from afar
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3