Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wyoming Cowboys vs. Pilots - Friday December 1 @ 6pm

2 posters

Go down

Wyoming Cowboys vs. Pilots - Friday December 1 @ 6pm Empty Wyoming Cowboys vs. Pilots - Friday December 1 @ 6pm

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:56 pm

KenPom rates the Cowboys #185 and the Pilots #178 and gives UP the slight edge of 3 points in tonight's game.

Wyoming is ranked 10/11 in a very strong Mountain West Conference that trails only the Atlantic Coast Conference in the mid-major rankings...just ahead of the Atlantic 10 and WCC.

The Cowboys (3-2 in D1 play) have lost to St. Louis (Mike Meadows' new school) in the Myrtle Beach Tournament and to #29 Texas in Austin.

Wyoming's wins have been over Cal Poly in Laramie, and over Charleston and Furman in Myrtle Beach.

(Note: I used to live in Myrtle Beach, and the games are actually played up the road in Conway, SC, but apparently the Myrtle Beach name carries more cache' to some Rolling Eyes because it's a beach town with close to 100 golf courses).

Wyoming generally plays an 8-man rotation with three of their starters getting over 30 minutes per game.

The star of the team is #3 Sam Griffin, a 6-3 senior transfer from Tulsa U. Griffin averages 19 ppg and shoots over 50% from the field, including 14/29 from behind the arc.

Another very interesting player to watch is #13 6-2 senior Akuel Kot.  Kot was an All-America last season after playing four seasons at D2 Ft. Lewis College in Durango.  He averaged 23ppg, scoring 30 or more eight times...including one contest where he dropped 45. Kot is averaging just under 15 ppg at Wyoming.

(One final note, Wyoming is the school that "stole" UP recruit Deng Dut after Dut and his Southern Idaho CC coach visited Wyoming coach Jeff Linder in Laramie. I don't think Dut's playing career ever got going under other coaches as it could have under Coach Legans.  I haven't forgotten or forgiven Linder, and I doubt Legs has either).
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Wyoming Cowboys vs. Pilots - Friday December 1 @ 6pm Empty Re: Wyoming Cowboys vs. Pilots - Friday December 1 @ 6pm

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:50 pm

IMPORTANT PREGAME NOTE:

If like me, you did not get enough turkey on Thanksgiving, tonight there will be (leftover) hot turkey sandwiches in the Pilot Club beginning at 5pm!   tongue

No word on pumpkin pie...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Wyoming Cowboys vs. Pilots - Friday December 1 @ 6pm Empty Re: Wyoming Cowboys vs. Pilots - Friday December 1 @ 6pm

Post by Sound Voltex Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:57 pm

Great bounce back win.

Post-game radio with Ali and Coach Legans: https://vocaroo.com/1j26M35M1yXc
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Dean Murdoch likes this post

Back to top Go down