Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle vs. Portland In-Game Chatter

+3
optimist
Geezaldinho
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Seattle vs. Portland In-Game Chatter Empty Seattle vs. Portland In-Game Chatter

Post by Kevin Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:49 pm

I'm impressed by Ali, Dasher and Griffith. Love seeing the fellas attack the hoop.

Like Lattrell quite a bit too. You can see a nice scorers mentality. His shots aren't falling but they'll come. LOVE seeing him board at 6'5!

Not excited seeing Henn launch from deep. It doesn't look natural.

A bit sad not to see Quincy yet. Love his tenacity
Kevin
Kevin
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2020-04-17

Back to top Go down

Seattle vs. Portland In-Game Chatter Empty Re: Seattle vs. Portland In-Game Chatter

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:53 pm

I want to know who came up with the idea to box out?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Kevin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Seattle vs. Portland In-Game Chatter Empty Re: Seattle vs. Portland In-Game Chatter

Post by Kevin Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:57 pm

Cheers to everyone on the Triplett quick launch and hit!

Hopefully the first of hundreds we all get to enjoy!
Kevin
Kevin
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2020-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by optimist Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:03 pm

that "triple"it hit was pure. I am looking fwd to davis getting it going this half. let's hope he stays out of foul trouble. fun so far!

optimist
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2019-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by GoPilots19 Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Embarrassing.

GoPilots19
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2020-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 pm

At least they got on the floor.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Kevin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GoPilots19 Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 pm

True haha, I'm just gonna have to save my optimistic energy for the Women's Team

GoPilots19
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2020-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:20 pm

It's only the first game and I can't blame them for the wacky offseason and lack of practice and conditioning, but if this pattern of starting to give me hope in the first half but sorely letting me down in the second is going to continue...again...
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Kevin and GoPilots19 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:42 pm

Sound Voltex wrote:It's only the first game and I can't blame them for the wacky offseason and lack of practice and conditioning, but if this pattern of starting to give me hope in the first half but sorely letting me down in the second is going to continue...again...

Don’t panic.....yet. When is the last time we opened with a D1 team and played a short bench?

They did look good for a spell, but obviously couldn’t keep it up for two halves. Let’s hope game conditioning was the issue.

Playing only six players 20 minutes or more must have been a crash game conditioning effort.

It looked to me like more kids can contribute, especially Chase, who seemed to energize the group off the bench.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:35 am

Geezaldinho wrote:Don’t panic.....yet. When is the last time we opened with a D1 team and played a short bench?

They did look good for a spell, but obviously couldn’t keep it up for two halves. Let’s hope game conditioning was the issue.

Playing only six players 20 minutes or more must have been a crash game conditioning effort.

It looked to me like more kids can contribute, especially Chase, who seemed to energize the group off the bench.
I have always been, and apparently will continue to be, critical of Porter's leaving student-athletes on the floor for as many minutes as an NBA player gets.

It was obvious the guys lost their legs and subsequently began missing shots, missing defensive assignments, and making an increasing number of turnovers.  I believe the kids did everything they were asked to do but did not have the game conditioning required to go as many minutes as they did.

Henn: 35 minutes!  Unheard of for a big guy, and Mikey has already lost two college seasons due to injury.  Sure, maybe bringing Curtiss in more often would have been a slight letdown in skill and experience, but it may have saved Henn's legs and his performance.

I was blown away by the great attitude and skill of Chase Adams..."the best thing about sophomores is they are no longer freshmen," and Chase looked good tonight.  I'm sure he didn't like losing his starting job to Ali, but his performance tonight proved he can take over when needed.

So, Zac comes in and makes a 3-pointer, and we don't see him again. I'm not the coach, but it would have seemed reasonable to bring in his fresh legs and shooting skills when the game was getting away in the second half.   

I was encouraged by the athletic team rebounding and the aggressive attacking on offense that pressured Seattle's defense, and although the team had difficulty finishing at the rim in the second half, they are far better at getting to the rim than Porter's previous teams.

Sure, tonight was discouraging in many respects, but I chalked much of it up to Porter's propensity to play a short bench so early in the season along with the very few opportunities the team has had to practice defense....playing six feet apart in practice for almost two months translated into leaving about six feet of space for Seattle's 3-point shooters tonight.  

Two NAIA games coming up, and good chance to work on defensive skills and offensive timing and finishing.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

GoPilots19 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:45 am

Geezaldinho wrote:At least they got on the floor.

Honestly, that's where I am with it, too. The inability to practice together as a unit until just recently had to have played at least some role in those 20 turnovers which were the difference in the game. A couple of days off, two non-D1 games, and a week of practice until the PSU game will hopefully do a world of good for this team.

I'm assuming Hunter Seymour was injured last night or else we would have seen him a little bit out there instead?

DoubleDipper wrote:Henn: 35 minutes! Unheard of for a big guy, and Mikey has already lost two college seasons due to injury.

You better not look at what our old pal Coach Reveno's team did last night, then! Georgia Tech played two of their guards for 58 and 56 minutes and a big man for 52 minutes Shocked
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down