Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Recruiting

+16
mikemac65
SoCalPilot
Dean Murdoch
blacksheep
pilotram
ekrauss
joshhorton
oldtimer
Geezaldinho
wrv
PurplePrideTrumpet
NoPoNeighbor
PilotNut
Rob's Jacket
DTLegend
DoubleDipper
20 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

2015 Recruiting Empty 2015 Recruiting

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Nate Renfro – Class of 2015 6’6/150 SF Tucson Sahuaro

Nate has grown from 5’10 to 6’6 in the last 16 months. With the height has come serious length and bounce.

Growing up as a point guard gave Nate the ball handling and shooting touch out to the 3pt stripe, but the added size makes him dangerous. Better defending the 1 and 2 on ball with his length and speed, but his height allows him to disrupt shooting 3′s. Another glue type player that is a great teammate on or off the court.

Sky really is the limit for Nate. Beyond basketball Nate is a 4.3 student in the classroom. #1 in his Class.

Might be TOO good in a year or so for UP...Rolling Eyes
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

2015 Recruiting Empty Re: 2015 Recruiting

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Just when it looked like the basketball forum was shut down in offseason mode, it really blew up today eh?

According to the ever-handy Verbal Commits site, Pilots have offered 2015 SG Kenzo Nudo from Arizona. USF and a couple Big Sky schools have done the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Coach Reveno wrote:Just had a fantastic visit from a family of a 2015 prospect that wanted to share some really good news
Ah jeez, here we go again....and he can't even sign for another 16+ months.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:40 pm

So, DD, time for your crystal ball again!

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Maybe a nice consolation prize to wiltjer.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Boom:

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/214984922001015483/boys-basketball-lake-oswegos-jazz-johnson-gives-verbal-commitment-to-pilots-for-2015-16/

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Rob's Jacket wrote:Boom:
http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/214984922001015483/boys-basketball-lake-oswegos-jazz-johnson-gives-verbal-commitment-to-pilots-for-2015-16/
Nice, RJ......and quick too!

Jazz Johnson as a freshman at Benson Tech:
2015 Recruiting Jazz10
Since then he's played a season at Milwaukie....and now he's going to be a junior at Lake Oswego...

I still contend a lot can happen during the next 16+ months.  Shocked
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Johnson's father wrote:
“Our thing was not to go to a big school where he could get lost in the shuffle,” Leland Johnson said. “We were more interested in going to a small, prestigious school where Jazz could get a quality education.

“He’s also interested in being a local player out to help make a name for a local school. I don’t think we could much better than this. We’re so happy right now, it’s not funny.”

Exactly the type of kid/family we need to leverage...  as DD said, there is a LOT of time between now and then; let's see where we are next October!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Way to go with the local recruits, coaching staff! However, is it a red flag for a recruit to have been at three high schools in three years?

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:46 am

NoPoNeighbor wrote:Way to go with the local recruits, coaching staff! However, is it a red flag for a recruit to have been at three high schools in three years?
Nope. It just means he has more local fans to bring to Chiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:24 am

Johnson will be part of a huge recruiting class - 6 or 7 scholarships. That class will be sophomores when UP plays in the Phil Knight birthday tourney in 2016. Maybe Johnson's early commitment will get the ball rolling for other top local players to join the class.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:29 am

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Junior College/transfer targets for that recruiting class to even the years out a little.

Good news is that so far there are two commitments for 2014/2015, Both local kids, both seem to be the kind that will garner more attention in coming months/years. Hopefully we can keep this momentum going.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Eli Lininger wrote:University of Portland just offered!! #gopilots #blessed
Keeping it local?  Eli Lininger, 6-5/200 from South Eugene HS is a former PG who recently switched to SF/Wing....

Remember, it's just an offer, there will be more from other schools.

2015 Recruiting South-10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Now I see that Robert Franks has been offered by UP. Don't know anything about him other than he's from Vancouver.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:49 am

DeanMurdoch wrote:Now I see that Robert Franks has been offered by UP. Don't know anything about him other than he's from Vancouver.
Yea, and he's from the REAL and ORIGINAL Vancouver.....NOT the one in BC. Razz 

Don't know much about him except that he was Honorable Mention All-Region and it is thought he could be the "next big thing" in the Vancouver area.  

Per NCAA rules, coaches and staff are not allowed to discuss recruits or potential recruits....we'll just have to see if any other colleges "discover" Robert over the next couple of years....#local
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:04 am

DoubleDipper wrote:Jazz Johnson as a freshman at Benson Tech:
2015 Recruiting Jazz10
I've heard a number of prep basketball observers say that Jazz is the real deal, and one of the best 2015 PG's in Oregon.  Odd though, he's about the only kid I've heard of who doesn't play summer AAU ball...

Do you suppose he's just having fun this summer?
2015 Recruiting Jazz10
You gotta like the shoes!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Got a new name for this thread. Pilots aren't satisfied with only having one Johnson in the backcourt coming in for 2015...they've offered Terrence Johnson, a 6-5 SG from Tucson. AAU team is the Arizona Power, attends Cienega HS.

By my count, he's the third member of that Arizona Power U16 team that the Pilots have offered. Kenzo Nudo and Dane Kuiper (who has since committed to New Mexico) are the others.

Terrence's bio on the Power website - http://www.azpowerbasketball.com/club-teams/terrence-johnson/

Terrence is described in one word… Freak! The strong,athletic guard has a body that is chiseled like a football player. He runs and jumps at a Division 1 level already. Explosive enough to do a stand still windmill dunk and speed to blow by or defend any guard in the court. He has decent shooting range that stretches out to the 3pt line,but seems to be more comfortable with the mid-range shot and attacking the rim. His release is extremely high and it is almost impossible to block. He is amazing on the break and is a very strong defender. There is probably no one better in his class on defense from the SG spot. He also is an underrated passer as he can find the open man on the break in traffic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a combo guard at the next level to help facilitate to his teammates. He has one of the highest ceiling in the 2015 Class because of his athletic ability and love of the game.

Other offers for Terrence - Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Weber State. He also has "interest" from Harvard which I believe is a fairly sound indicator of solid academics!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:05 pm

@GamepointElite wrote:6'5W Brady Twombly 2015 received an Offer from N. Arizona tonight. Others scheduled to see him: Boston College, Santa Clara, USF & Portland
Brady is a 6-5 SF from Carlsbad (La Costa Canyon HS).

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:48 am

DeanMurdoch wrote:Now I see that Robert Franks has been offered by UP. Don't know anything about him other than he's from Vancouver.
Franks is getting some more attention now: https://twitter.com/LC_Recruiting/statuses/377594897894604800

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Pilots have offered 2015 PG Juwan Anderson from Bishop O'Dowd HS in Oakland. Also has an offer from Northern Arizona.

edit: I moved this here from the 2014 thread. I'm not really sure what year he is? I see him listed as both 2014 and 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:42 pm

DeanMurdoch wrote:Pilots have offered 2015 PG Juwan Anderson from Bishop O'Dowd HS in Oakland. Also has an offer from Northern Arizona.

edit: I moved this here from the 2014 thread. I'm not really sure what year he is? I see him listed as both 2014 and 2015.
Ha-ha, I don't blame you for being confused.....

Anderson is a senior at Bishop O'Dowd in Oakland....the class of 2014.  HOWEVER, he apparently plans to attend Suffield Academy (Prep School) in Connecticut for a year after he graduates from O'Dowd, and will re-classify to the class of 2015.  

One would have to assume that if he has an offer from UP, that his grades/credits must be good.  So why else would he go to prep school, you ask......to sharpen his game, get bigger and stronger......and to have more D-1 opportunities.   I don't know when Anderson got the offer from UP, but he visited NAU just yesterday.  I'm guessing he's had the offer from UP for awhile....prior to his non-binding decision to attend prep school next year.

IMO, what really doesn't pass the smell test is the coach of the AAU team that Anderson will join next spring is the one who set up this reclassification and insisted that Anderson be part of the class of 2015.  If Anderson were to NOT re-classify, he would NOT be able to be the PG on the AAU team in Las Vegas because he'd be in college!! Evil or Very Mad
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:25 pm

On train to see 2015 commitment, and got a text about AM workout at UP. Key veteran looking for it to be easy. Can't be afraid of work!
From Reveno's Twitter.

Seems like there's another 2015 recruit that we can add to Jazz Johnson. Question is Where in the World is Carmen San Diego...I mean Eric Reveno?

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:15 am

DTLegend wrote:
On train to see 2015 commitment, and got a text about AM workout at UP.  Key veteran looking for it to be easy.  Can't be afraid of work!
From Reveno's Twitter.

Seems like there's another 2015 recruit that we can add to Jazz Johnson. Question is Where in the World is Carmen San Diego...I mean Eric Reveno?
Umm, Australia?
@CoachReveno wrote:Brisbane, AUS has been long way to go but great to see a high school tournament in Sept.  Evaluating SAT's  (skill, athleticism, toughness).

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am

Umm, you probably missed my post from Tuesday in the 2014 recruits section:
DoubleDipper wrote:
Eric Reveno‏@CoachReveno  16 Sep
Cleared immigration, waiting for luggage at baggage claim and need to set a record to downtown hotel.  Workout in 8 hrs and need sleep.
Eric Reveno‏@CoachReveno  16 Sep
On train to see 2015 commitment...
Eric Reveno‏@CoachReveno  44m
Great trip started worrying about "commitment/miles traveled" ratio.
I can see why Rev is a little concerned as he's literally flying around the world on this recruiting trip.

From the US West Coast to the East Coast to Austria to Australia, and eventually back to the US.....one can only hope the coach is not flying coach all those miles.tongue
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:45 am

Just a little about Jazz Johnson.....

Yes, he's a verbal commit, but the coaching staff will tell you that in today's whirlwind world of recruiting, it really only means TODAY he'd like to go to UP, and that he's narrowed his choices, but there is by no means a binding agreement....on either side.

He's still being observed/recruited by UP and others.....
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next