Updates to the Format

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updates to the Format

Post by up7587 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I am curious about the updates, particularly to the emoticons. We no longer see the title of each one when we put the curser on it.  and the table format seems to shrink in size towards to bottom of the 'list'. Are we stuck with those issues?

I look forward to exploring some of the new functionality.

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3513
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by PilotNut on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 pm

The recent updates were pushed down from our provider--we didn't have a say.  I will try to get in there and see if there are adjustments; part of the problem is the emoticons at the bottom of the table are larger, so they have to be scrunched to fit into the box.

We may be overdue for some new emoticons, anyway...

_________________
Run 'Em Aground Pilots!

PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3914
Age : 43
Location : The 503
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by Geezaldinho on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:28 pm

The cursor in the edit box seems to randomly disappear also.it might be an IOS compatability issue.

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10315
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 pm

up7587 wrote:I look forward to exploring some of the new functionality.
I too look forward to that in some respects, but perhaps an info button that provides a tutorial or "how to" of sorts  would help many of us who don't know how to perform many of the tasks that "younger" folks do....such as quoting another's post, and posting pictures, videos, and tables.  

One button in the new format that I've learned to use to make it easier to edit, and apparently to quote other PN posters, is the Switch Editor Mode button.

Maybe it's just my eyes getting weaker, but it would appear the print is now smaller than before...if that's the case; it's probably a move in the wrong direction.

Is it possible to have a spell check button?  Rolling Eyes

Nut, these are not meant to be complaints, but simply ways to possibly make the site more user friendly and more accomodating for all.....therby increasing membership and use. Very Happy

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6250
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by Geezaldinho on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:28 pm

You just made up that Switch editor mode thing to goof with me, didn't you?

Things like Auto caps, word replacement, spell check, etc. are usually  handled by OS or browser settings. You probably just need to turn them on.  In IOS they are with the keyboard settings on my older iPad. On my OSX desktop they are in preferences in the Apple menu.

Font size is probably also changeable in preferences.
In iOS it's in Settings<General<accessability on my old hand cranked iPad.

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10315
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by PilotNut on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks, DD... a "how to" topic might be a good idea.  Anyone have a slow day at work coming up to work on that?  Wink

One quick thing, on the quoting...  there is a very easy way to do that: scroll to the post you want to quote, and click the "quote" button in the upper right corner.  That will start a new post for you, with the other post already quoted in it. 

Also, if you "mouse over" the new editor buttons, text should appear that tells you what the button does.

_________________
Run 'Em Aground Pilots!

PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3914
Age : 43
Location : The 503
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by blacksheep on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
up7587 wrote:I look forward to exploring some of the new functionality.
I too look forward to that in some respects, but perhaps an info button that provides a tutorial or "how to" of sorts  would help many of us who don't know how to perform many of the tasks that "younger" folks do....such as quoting another's post, and posting pictures, videos, and tables.  

One button in the new format that I've learned to use to make it easier to edit, and apparently to quote other PN posters, is the Switch Editor Mode button.

Maybe it's just my eyes getting weaker, but it would appear the print is now smaller than before...if that's the case; it's probably a move in the wrong direction.

Is it possible to have a spell check button?  Rolling Eyes

Nut, these are not meant to be complaints, but simply ways to possibly make the site more user friendly and more accomodating for all.....therby increasing membership and use. Very Happy

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 922
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by blacksheep on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 am

DD -I can't believe I need your help with PN, but where do I find said Switch Editor Mode button?I'm old!

When I try to quote someone, I get a yellow box with the quote in it, but I can't get my cursor out of the box to type what I want to say.  Is that the button I need in order to work quotes?

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 922
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by blacksheep on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 am

blacksheep wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:
up7587 wrote:I look forward to exploring some of the new functionality.
I too look forward to that in some respects, but perhaps an info button that provides a tutorial or "how to" of sorts  would help many of us who don't know how to perform many of the tasks that "younger" folks do....such as quoting another's post, and posting pictures, videos, and tables.  

One button in the new format that I've learned to use to make it easier to edit, and apparently to quote other PN posters, is the Switch Editor Mode button.

Maybe it's just my eyes getting weaker, but it would appear the print is now smaller than before...if that's the case; it's probably a move in the wrong direction.

Is it possible to have a spell check button?  Rolling Eyes

Nut, these are not meant to be complaints, but simply ways to possibly make the site more user friendly and more accomodating for all.....therby increasing membership and use. Very Happy

Wait, I think I found it.  Never mind!Hitting my head agai

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 922
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by DoubleDipper on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:05 am

blacksheep wrote:DD -I can't believe I need your help with PN, but where do I find said Switch Editor Mode button?I'm old!
Oh my lord, my PN mentor needing help must mean some of the new format changes could be ill-advised.

Glad you found it on your own....

Possibly YOU could write a "how to" tutorial for the rest of us while on a client's hourly dime. Suspect

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6250
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by blacksheep on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:43 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
Oh my lord, my PN mentor needing help must mean some of the new format changes could be ill-advised.

Now my emoticons don't work any more! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 922
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by Geezaldinho on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Very Happy:)Sad:shock:CoolLaughingMad:oops:Crying or Very sadEvil or Very MadTwisted EvilRolling EyesWinkExclamationIdeaArrowNeutral

mine work.at least some do...

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10315
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by blacksheep on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:Very Happy:)Sad:shock:CoolLaughingMad:oops:Crying or Very sadEvil or Very MadTwisted EvilRolling EyesWinkExclamationIdeaArrowNeutral

mine work.at least some do...

Great, I'm less computer literate than the Geez and DD.  #damnIfeelold

blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 922
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by up7587 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:22 pm

tongue

up7587
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3513
Age : 62
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:56 am

Nut, good work on getting the emoticons more visible and useable....as blacksheep loves to emote, is there a chance we'll get some additional ones?

If it's merely a lack of space, I believe it's easy enough to tell which of the current emoticons are rarely, if ever, used. catmonkeyfaraoalbinoalienkingrendeer

.....although I'm sure someone will now find a way.Idea

DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 6250
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by ShipstadPilot11 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:00 pm

blacksheep wrote:Great, I'm less computer literate than the Geez and DD.  #damnIfeelold
You are old.

ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 899
Age : 28
Location : P-Town, Oregon
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by blacksheep on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:04 pm

ShipstadPilot11 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:Great, I'm less computer literate than the Geez and DD.  #damnIfeelold
You are old.
I see you've awaken from your PN hibernation. Evil or Very Mad 

Welcome back!


blacksheep
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 922
Location : Under the St. Johns Bridge
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by ShipstadPilot11 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks! I needed a break and now, only 6-8 months later, I've returned!

ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 899
Age : 28
Location : P-Town, Oregon
Registration date : 2009-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the Format

Post by PilotNut on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 pm

I have made a couple updates to the Links column on the upper right of each page:
-Added a link to theW.tv
-Removed the link the the GU Scout page.
-Corrected the link to the GU Board to go to the main page, not default to the hoops forum.
-Updated the USD link to their updated board domain.

Any other links you would like to see over there?

_________________
Run 'Em Aground Pilots!

PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3914
Age : 43
Location : The 503
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum