Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WPS updates on former players...

5 posters

Go down

WPS updates on former players... Empty WPS updates on former players...

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 pm

http://portlandpilots.com/news/2011/4/1/WSOC_0401114722.aspx

Some of this is old hat, but, the updates on Sophie and few other players is news to me...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

WPS updates on former players... Empty Re: WPS updates on former players...

Post by purple haze Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:39 am

What the ... is there actually a team called "magicJack"? Apparently. It's the team formerly known as the Washington Freedom. As a blogger at onlyagame.wbur.org put it: "Abby Wambach is certainly one of the more dominant forces in women’s soccer today, but does she cringe when she has to tell people that she plays, not for the Washington Freedom, but for magicJack’s Washington Freedom? ... This team that retains “Washington” in their name will apparently play most if not all of their home games in Boca Raton, Florida. This is because their new owner, Dan Borislow, the inventor of magicJack, works his magic there, Jack. Or his magicJack there. Anyway, he’s in Florida. I await acknowledgement from the WPS Commissioner’s Office that this is just silly."
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah, it is a weird name, and it seems like the owner is really into shameless promotion. Is that product doing well? I don't see how it competes with just having a single cell phone... Well, anyway the WPS needs money, and at least the guy supports women's soccer...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Keelin and Steph Cox started today in Boston Breakers' 4-1 win over the Atlanta Beat and Elli Reed subbed in in the second half. Keelin played, I believe, at the attacking mid position. Word has it she was a bear and a half. She scored the Breakers' second goal. Steph played left D and I believe Elli played right D.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:49 pm

UPSoccerFanatic wrote:Keelin and Steph Cox started today in Boston Breakers' 4-1 win over the Atlanta Beat and Elli Reed subbed in in the second half. Keelin played, I believe, at the attacking mid position. Word has it she was a bear and a half. She scored the Breakers' second goal. Steph played left D and I believe Elli played right D.

Several quotes on BS agree with the assessment of Keelin's play.

Diccico had her playing attacking mid when she led the u20's to the gold in 2008.
I don't think it's any accident she's on the team and starting. Tony said in his final report that she should be on the full team. Likewise, He's pretty high on Elli.--Said she could play any position.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:01 am

Purplegeezer wrote:
Diccico had her playing attacking mid when she led the u20's to the gold in 2008.
I don't think it's any accident she's on the team and starting. Tony said in his final report that she should be on the full team. Likewise, He's pretty high on Elli.--Said she could play any position.
Oh Pia...you there? Hello?
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:07 am

It looks like Elli had an indirect hand in the scoring as well

The final goal of the match came as Elli Reed was on a breakaway, cutting in from the left flanks. Beat goalkeeper Whitworth came out to defend the play, and a tough tackle resulted. The referee showed Whitworth a red card, and Cat Whitehill replaced her in goal since the Beat were out of subs. Kacey Moore converted the kick in approaching four minutes into stoppage time.

One bad note. Santa Clara's Jordan Agneli suffered a knee injury. The kid is hexed.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11800
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down