Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pasta Pregame

5 posters

Go down

Pasta Pregame Empty Pasta Pregame

Post by blacksheep Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm

All-You-Can-Eat Pre-game Pasta Dinner Returns to Men’s Basketball Games at Chiles Center

Pilot Club to be held at halftime on South Mezzanine

PORTLAND, Ore. --- All-you-can-eat pre-game pasta dinner will be returning to the Chiles Center for the remaining 2012-13 University of Portland men’s basketball home games, Athletic Director Scott Leykam announced on Friday. The pre-game dinner and social will be available to the public for $8 per person beginning with Thursday’s home opener against the No. 8 Gonzaga Bulldogs. Doors will open and food service will begin on the South Mezzanine one hour prior to each game’s scheduled tip-off.

The buffet-style dinner will feature two different kinds of pasta, caesar salad, dessert and beverages.

“We have heard from our fans that the pre-game pasta dinner provided a great sense of community at University of Portland basketball games,” Leykam said. “With the upgrades made to the Chiles Center over the last two years, the re-emergence of pre-game pasta dinner will have an even more inviting look and feel for fans.”

The Chiles Center mezzanine level was upgraded prior to the 2011-12 season with flat-screen televisions that carry both in-game and satellite television feeds. In addition to pre-game dinner and halftime Pilot Club on the South Mezzanine, the North Mezzanine will now offer added hospitality space for private group or corporate outings. The Deck on the East Mezzanine remains open and available for groups as well. Every Saturday home game will also feature a Kids Zone with inflatables and other fun activities.

“The space availability now created provides a great opportunity for group outings and events,” Leykam added. “We want local groups, businesses, youth teams and clubs to view basketball games at the Chiles Center as a great place to host events.”

Pre-game Pilot Club will no longer be held on the North Mezzanine, but the pasta station will be converted to a Pilot Club area for halftime. Pilot Club members can still use their punch cards to purchase pasta dinner. In addition, all pre-game and halftime Pilot Club activities in the Hall of Fame Room will continue as they have throughout the 2012-13 season.
http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2013/1/11/MBB_0111135703.aspx?path=mbball

A change (or unchange? (or is it rechange?)) I approve of. The only thing that wasn't mentioned was whether or not beer would be available for sale at the pasta pregame (woodless! do you have any info on this?). I sure hope so! Cheers!

See you all there!

Last edited by blacksheep on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't Type)
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Pasta Pregame Empty Re: Pasta Pregame

Post by blacksheep Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Reliable source says Cheers!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 pm

blacksheep wrote:Reliable source says Cheers!
My source (could it be the same one?) agrees, and says, "Wine too."

I would hate to call the return of pasta the greatest singular achievement of our new AD’s short tenure…..that would suggest he's done little else, which is not true,…. but I will say it’s a great sign that he’s in-touch with the people and doing all he can to make the Chile’s experience a good one for the fans.

Personally, I will forgo the Pilot Club HOF Room pregame meal with the glitterati for the pasta (and beer or wine) with the proletariat. Razz
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:24 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:

Personally, I will forgo the Pilot Club HOF Room pregame meal with the glitterati for the pasta (and beer or wine) with the proletariat. Razz

No you won't. You and the other glitterati won't give up the free gin and tonics and salmon steaks to eat gruel with the rest of us.

(May I have some more sir?)

Pasta Pregame Bde761c641b87fb47c08c4be7f8ea226
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Personally, I will forgo the Pilot Club HOF Room pregame meal with the glitterati for the pasta (and beer or wine) with the proletariat. Razz

We are prepared for your return.

Pasta Pregame Bowing10

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Careful, I could have you back at your old (low satisfaction) job in no time.....

Pasta Pregame Job_wi10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 pm

What's the big deal? I've already had a pre-game pasta dinner at the south mezzanine at every home game I've been to this season. This is news because it is now "all you can eat" buffet, instead of someone handing you a plate?

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 am

NoPoNeighbor wrote:What's the big deal? I've already had a pre-game pasta dinner at the south mezzanine at every home game I've been to this season. This is news because it is now "all you can eat" buffet, instead of someone handing you a plate?

You'd be surprised how popular it was in its original form. I certainly was taken aback at the reaction when it disappeared at the start of last season.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:27 am

I guess we'll get back the two kinds of pasta, but lose the giant meatballs.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:31 am

NoPoNeighbor wrote:What's the big deal? I've already had a pre-game pasta dinner at the south mezzanine at every home game I've been to this season. This is news because it is now "all you can eat" buffet, instead of someone handing you a plate?
And the beer and wine too? And the dessert.........usually brownies, cookies, or cake. And the all-you-can-eat salad?

NPN, did you attend the original format pasta feasts? I know a number of people who loved them so much that when the pasta feed left, they left.

Wait until you see all the GU fans there on Thursday….the staff really should consider opening the doors 90 minutes early…..60 is not going to work!!

Pasta Pregame Pasta10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down