UCLA Pregame Release

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UCLA Pregame Release

Post by powerfan on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:14 am


powerfan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by merlogirl on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

They're really not televising this game?

merlogirl
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by fwill on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:00 am

I like the UP/UCLA Stats snapshot - turns out all of our stats are better. Go figure. But the normal "scouting the opposition" section is missing, so I guess UCLA just wants to focus on how cool they are and not think at all about the fact that we deserved the #1 seed they got.

And why isn't this game being televised???!!!

fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by letsgopilots11 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:53 am

i wonder what people think when they look at that press release and see that UP certainly had the better overall season (stats wise, and rankings), and yet they got the #1 seed... GOOO PILOTS! BEAT UCLA!!!!

letsgopilots11
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 33
Age : 27
Location : Nantes, France
Registration date : 2009-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by eProf on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:49 am

I find it interesting that the average attendance at UCLA's road games (1133) is higher than at their home games (987). UCLA might have the lowest wins-to-fans ratio in the country.

eProf
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 279
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by PilotDrummer on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:26 am

Will there even be a webcast of this game, or do we have to fire up the streaming audio and (shudder) gametracker?

PilotDrummer
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 487
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by fwill on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:08 am

I guess my big question is why won't there be a broadcast, either online or on cable tv? A bunch of the other tourney games have been available online and none of them had the expected viewership that the UP/UCLA game will have. Shouldn't somebody in UP's sports marketing department be arranging the necessary permissions?

Maybe I'm just bitter because I can't go to LA to watch the game, but that doesn't doesn't mean I should be denied my Pilot post-season fix!

fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by Stonehouse on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:55 am

From what I remember, UCLA does not do video. That may have changed in the past year or two, but I definitely remember only listening to the last several playoff games we've had there.

And what... you don't find Gametracker to be reliable? Wink

Stonehouse
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2990
Age : 34
Location : Portland, OR
Registration date : 2007-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by Poopdeck Pappy on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:07 pm

I have this mental picture of Pilot fans in their purple t-shirts huddled around their computers listening to the streaming audio much like folks gathered around their console radios during WWII listening to FDR's fireside chats.

Poopdeck Pappy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by pms275 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Blah blah blah....That's all I have to say about the release. This is the first time in quite a while where I'm not too concerned about beating UCLA. Frankly, this is one time I really believe that we have the better team.

Our defense will be busy and I don't expect a cakewalk, but there's no way we're losing a third time in the quarterfinals down there. Not going to happen. Evil or Very Mad

pms275
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 166
Age : 45
Location : Wilsonville, Oregon
Registration date : 2007-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by chiefer on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:45 pm

fwill wrote:I like the UP/UCLA Stats snapshot - turns out all of our stats are better. Go figure. But the normal "scouting the opposition" section is missing, so I guess UCLA just wants to focus on how cool they are and not think at all about the fact that we deserved the #1 seed they got.

And why isn't this game being televised???!!!

If I were to close my eyes and have someone read this and other quotes that are on this blog without mentioning the school, Portland, I would think this was coming from some east coast snob-whining cry- babies. I think most rational fans throughout the country would say to get over your not being a #1 seed. You deserved it but it was not taken from you by UCLA! If anyone took it from you it was FSU and the committee to not have the west coast securing 3 #1's. If you believe the polls, the NSCAA, Soccer Times, Soccer America and Top Drawer, all have you and UCLA in the top 4 rankings, not FSU. So, go ahead and crank up the emotions with your rivalry and disdain for you opponent down south, which I can understand and respect but the other sarcastic comments are really childish and beneath this quality program. Your team will have a great opportunity to go down south (in great weather, I might add) and show the soccer world that you deserved to be in the final four. (Leave your drums behind) Good luck

chiefer
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by chiefer on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:46 pm

pms268 wrote:Blah blah blah....That's all I have to say about the release. This is the first time in quite a while where I'm not too concerned about beating UCLA. Frankly, this is one time I really believe that we have the better team.

Our defense will be busy and I don't expect a cakewalk, but there's no way we're losing a third time in the quarterfinals down there. Not going to happen. Evil or Very Mad

Now there's a great comment!

chiefer
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by fwill on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Poopdeck Pappy wrote:I have this mental picture of Pilot fans in their purple t-shirts huddled around their computers listening to the streaming audio much like folks gathered around their console radios during WWII listening to FDR's fireside chats.

That's exactly what we'll be doing, but I'll be sure to have a beer in hand! rendeer

fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by PilotDrummer on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Step 1: Bring drums (after all, up to 25 uniformed band members are allowed).
Step 2: Beat Bruins.
Step 3: National title, baby.

PilotDrummer
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 487
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by fwill on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 pm

chiefer wrote:

If I were to close my eyes and have someone read this and other quotes that are on this blog without mentioning the school, Portland, I would think this was coming from some east coast snob-whining cry- babies. I think most rational fans throughout the country would say to get over your not being a #1 seed. You deserved it but it was not taken from you by UCLA! If anyone took it from you it was FSU and the committee to not have the west coast securing 3 #1's. If you believe the polls, the NSCAA, Soccer Times, Soccer America and Top Drawer, all have you and UCLA in the top 4 rankings, not FSU. So, go ahead and crank up the emotions with your rivalry and disdain for you opponent down south, which I can understand and respect but the other sarcastic comments are really childish and beneath this quality program. Your team will have a great opportunity to go down south (in great weather, I might add) and show the soccer world that you deserved to be in the final four. (Leave your drums behind) Good luck[/quote]

Since you quoted me I feel compelled to respond. You're dang right I'm still irritated about not getting a #1 seed because I would like to be able to watch the game at Merlo instead of listening to it online and I think almost everyone else on this blog agrees with that sentiment (you would be the obvious exception). Florida State and UNC both got seeds over UP that were questionable and they get the pleasure of playing at home. UCLA fans aren't known for the hospitality, so I sure hope that the drum squad can make it down and give UCLA a view of what a good fan base looks like. We like our soccer and we talk about it openly on this forum, sarcasm and all, and it's rare that any soccer program, quality or not, has a fan base that follows their team so closely. I'm not apologetic for anything I've posted and I do look forward to the UCLA game.

fwill
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by PilotDrummer on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Dude, don't feed the troll.

PilotDrummer
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 487
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by MaizeBluePurple on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Poopdeck Pappy wrote:I have this mental picture of Pilot fans in their purple t-shirts huddled around their computers listening to the streaming audio much like folks gathered around their console radios during WWII listening to FDR's fireside chats.

This is exactly what I do every year, as I have to travel back east for Thanksgiving.

MaizeBluePurple
***PilotFans Donor***
***PilotFans Donor***

Number of posts : 138
Location : Image (c) Craig Clark / SportsPageMagazine.com
Registration date : 2007-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by onetouchfutbol on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:01 pm

chiefer wrote:
fwill wrote:I like the UP/UCLA Stats snapshot - turns out all of our stats are better. Go figure. But the normal "scouting the opposition" section is missing, so I guess UCLA just wants to focus on how cool they are and not think at all about the fact that we deserved the #1 seed they got.

And why isn't this game being televised???!!!

If I were to close my eyes and have someone read this and other quotes that are on this blog without mentioning the school, Portland, I would think this was coming from some east coast snob-whining cry- babies. I think most rational fans throughout the country would say to get over your not being a #1 seed. You deserved it but it was not taken from you by UCLA! If anyone took it from you it was FSU and the committee to not have the west coast securing 3 #1's. If you believe the polls, the NSCAA, Soccer Times, Soccer America and Top Drawer, all have you and UCLA in the top 4 rankings, not FSU. So, go ahead and crank up the emotions with your rivalry and disdain for you opponent down south, which I can understand and respect but the other sarcastic comments are really childish and beneath this quality program. Your team will have a great opportunity to go down south (in great weather, I might add) and show the soccer world that you deserved to be in the final four. (Leave your drums behind) Good luck

Definitely bring the drums.

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by chiefer on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:02 pm

They'll be confiscated

chiefer
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by onetouchfutbol on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:06 pm

chiefer wrote:They'll be confiscated

We like challenges. Bring it. It's good for the rivalry.

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by Geezaldinho on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:23 pm

chiefer wrote:They'll be confiscated

read your NCAA tournament rulebook.

UCLA MUST admit 25 members of an approved band or cheer group and their instuments for FREE if they are in uniform.

See pictures of drum squad in kilts.

Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10316
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:
chiefer wrote:They'll be confiscated

read your NCAA tournament rulebook.

UCLA MUST admit 25 members of an approved band or cheer group and their instuments for FREE if they are in uniform.

See pictures of drum squad in kilts.
Come on Larry, make it happen!

Leave the drums at home. *snicker* Football culture n00b... Laughing

PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Age : 35
Location : Section 18A, Row 5
Registration date : 2007-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by ktinpurple on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Whoa... Nobody blames UCLA but that doesn't change how much I (or we) dislike them. he he. It's a rivalry! Of course we dislike them!

GO PILOTS!!!!

ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Location : Portland, OR
Registration date : 2009-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by ktinpurple on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:37 pm

"childish and beneath this quality program."

LOL. Chill out man.

ktinpurple
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 114
Location : Portland, OR
Registration date : 2009-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UCLA Pregame Release

Post by onetouchfutbol on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Confiscate this.

(Dead horse symbolizes a Bruin. Ironically, we beat it like a drum)

onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum