Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michelle French to Coach Sounders Women

+6
DoubleDipper
A_Fan
onetouchfutbol
estplnr
Geezaldinho
UPSoccerFanatic
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Michelle French to Coach Sounders Women - Page 2 Empty Re: Michelle French to Coach Sounders Women

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Why don't we just start a PilotNaton W-League Team here in Portland?

From the Seattle Times:
The Sounders Women announced the signing of U.S. women's national team defender Stephanie Cox for the 2012 season on Wednesday.

A Gig Harbor native and University of Portland product, Cox has made 81 national team appearances and joins an impressive roster that already includes USWNT stars Hope Solo, Alex Morgan, Megan Rapinoe and Sydney Leroux.

Cox is expected to be available for seven of the W-League team's 10 home games.

GM Amy Carnell has the bigger picture in mind according to a statement in the news release.

"Early on we told fans this would be a special season for Sounders Women's Soccer, but speaking boldly, this season is about much more," Carnell said. "As the future of women's soccer hangs in the balance we've got a lot at stake, and everything to prove. We have the opportunity to set the bar for Women's Soccer in this country and show that Seattle is a place where a 10 year old girl can dream, where women's sport is valued, and where a community with such passion for the game can actually change it."

The start of preseason is less than two weeks away, starting with an April 9 exhibition against Seattle Pacific at Starfire. Tickets are available at SoundersWomen.com.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11095
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Michelle French to Coach Sounders Women - Page 2 Empty Re: Michelle French to Coach Sounders Women

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Somebody on BS pointed out Keelin's name isn't on the Sounders roster today.

http://www.sounderswomen.com/team/1/index_E.html
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:12 pm

You´ve got to love Michelle French. She´s having fun influencing this team...with the off year for the WPS...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:37 am

PurpleGeezer wrote:Somebody on BS pointed out Keelin's name isn't on the Sounders roster today.

I guess it depends where you look. I've seen her name on another roster, and there is only mention of her arrival on the Sounders Facebook, no mention of her leaving. The "offical" W-League website lists no names on the roster.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Geez, I know you're counting on us to keep you updated while you are away; would you like it reported in castellano (Castilian)?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:59 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
PurpleGeezer wrote:Somebody on BS pointed out Keelin's name isn't on the Sounders roster today.

I guess it depends where you look. I've seen her name on another roster, and there is only mention of her arrival on the Sounders Facebook, no mention of her leaving. The "offical" W-League website lists no names on the roster.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Geez, I know you're counting on us to keep you updated while you are away; would you like it reported in castellano (Castilian)?

Por supuesto, si vos tendrás el tiempo.

Her name was on that roster I linked a couple days ago. Maybe somebody goofed when they added Steph.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:04 am

Maybe they play at different times of the year, but curiosity makes me ask how Keelin can play for both the Boston Breakers and Seattle. I'm open for an answer...Geez??? Or anyone?
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:19 am

purple passion wrote: but curiosity makes me ask how Keelin can play for both the Boston Breakers and Seattle.

Well by the fact that the WPS has completely suspended operations for the year (and perhaps indefinitely). As for this year there is simply no conflict.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:41 am

Yes, I knew that the WPS had suspended play, but the Boston Breakers are playing in the WPSL this year and Keelin is listed on that roster.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:20 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:

Por supuesto, si vos tendrás el tiempo.

Her name was on that roster I linked a couple days ago. Maybe somebody goofed when they added Steph.
Tiempo no es el problema, a menos que estoy en el campo de golf, se trata más de la energía!

¿Cuando a usted y a la Sra. Geez viajar a Argentina?

Yea, I saw her name this morning, but it wasn't there late last night. Sleep
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:41 pm

purple passion wrote:Maybe they play at different times of the year, but curiosity makes me ask how Keelin can play for both the Boston Breakers and Seattle. I'm open for an answer...Geez??? Or anyone?
The Breakers will play a schedule this year from mid-May until mid-July, but the former WPS franchise will play as part of the WPSL Elite League.

The confusion over rosters probably stems from OLD information on the WPS Breakers' website which lists, among others, Keelin and Kelsey Davis. Keelin IS in Seattle, and as far as we know, Kelsey is coaching at TCU. So I guess we'll just have to see who's playing for the Breakers once the roster shakes out over the next six weeks.

If Keelin WERE on both rosters, it's too bad the Breakers and Sounders aren't scheduled to play one another; that would be fun to watch. Shocked
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:59 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Tiempo no es el problema, a menos que estoy en el campo de golf, se trata más de la energía!

Be careful what books you take with you. curiosa-justificacion-de-las-trabas-de-moreno-a-los-libros-importados

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:22 pm

up7587 wrote:

Be careful what books you take with you. curiosa-justificacion-de-las-trabas-de-moreno-a-los-libros-importados

Wow. Does that include E-books? My iPad is kinda on the old side now. I'm not sure the circuit boards are CE compliant. Shocked
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:34 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Tiempo no es el problema, a menos que estoy en el campo de golf, se trata más de la energía!

Vamos en dos semanas. Nos dirigimos hacia el noroeste. Ya estoy practicando qetchwa y guaraní.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:37 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:
up7587 wrote:

Wow. Does that include E-books? My iPad is kinda on the old side now. I'm not sure the circuit boards are CE compliant. Shocked
Umm, suena April Fools, chicos
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:46 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
PurpleGeezer wrote:
up7587 wrote:

Umm, suena April Fools, chicos

You never know. I can show you my old grade school textbooks with the word "Falklands" blacked out.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:11 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:
Vamos en dos semanas. Nos dirigimos hacia el noroeste. Ya estoy practicando qetchwa y guaraní.
Getchwa and guarani?? I'm barely hanging on from what I learned from Dr. Manny Macias, many, manny years ago at UP.
You never know. I can show you my old grade school textbooks with the word "Falklands" blacked out
Well, as you know, that is an entirely different kettle of fish!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:14 am

DoubleDipper wrote:Umm, suena April Fools, chicos
'Fraid not. It really happened. But it looks like it is being reversed. govt-reverses-policy-on-imported-books-ban

Last edited by up7587 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:19 am

You already know some Quechua and Guaraní.

Puma, condor, coca, llama, and quinoa are all Quechua.
( they also use mama for mother, and papa for potato)

And jaguar,tapir, jerky, piranha, and even Paraguay and Uruguay are Guaraní.
The most famous Guaraní word in America is "okay".
( they spell it oke and it means yes.)

Thankfully, we won't be going far enough North for me to need any Aymara.

I learned how to count in Aymara when the Bolivians thrashed Argentina at 14,000 feet in La Paz during qualifiers a few years back and the crowd chanted

maya - paya - quimsa - pusi - phiska - sojjta

Last edited by PurpleGeezer on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:30 am

up7587 wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:Umm, suena April Fools, chicos
'Fraid not. It really happened. But it looks like it is being reversed. govt-reverses-policy-on-imported-books-ban

What a surprise
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:07 am

Man, my font of useless knowledge is growing by leaps and bounds by following this post.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:55 am

A_Fan wrote:Man, my font of useless knowledge is growing by leaps and bounds by following this post.

Useless?

If you want a soft scarf, you had better know the difference between a llama and a vicuña.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 am

Llamas spit?
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:47 am

DaTruRochin wrote:Llamas spit?

That's neither chicha ni limonada. You would spit, too, if somebody put a couple hundred pounds on your back without asking.

( I have now fulfilled the PN requirement on mentioning beer)
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:11 pm

This article today in SoccerAmerica online:

[W-LEAGUE] The way things are going the U.S, women's national team should think of setting up shop in Seattle. Megan Rapinoe, one of the stars of the 2011 U.S. Women's World Cup team, and Stephanie Cox, a defender with 81 caps, have signed with the W-League's Sounders Women. Previously signed were Hope Solo, Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux.

Cox and Rapinoe both played at the University of Portland, as did Sounders Women coach Michelle French.

“Megan is one of the most entertaining players in the game today,” said Sounders Women general manager Amy Carnell. “A difference maker in the 2011 World Cup, Megan plays with a level of flair and passion that is rarely seen. Watching Megan you learn to expect the unexpected, raw emotion and pure guts to the final whistle is what you get.”

Cox spent the last three club seasons playing in WPS, first for the Los Angeles Sol, then after it folded for the Boston Breakers. Like Rapinoe, Cox grew up in Northern California. She now lives in Gig Harbor, near Seattle.

"I am so excited to be a part of the Sounders program, " said Cox.  "I loved playing collegiately in the Northwest and am excited to continue my professional career here as well."

Carnell admits the Sounders Women have a lot to prove.

“Early on," she said, "we told fans this would be a special season for Sounders women’s soccer, but speaking boldly, this season is about much more. As the future of women’s soccer hangs in the balance we’ve got a lot at stake, and everything to prove. We have the opportunity to set the bar for Women’s Soccer in this country and show that Seattle is a place where a 10 year old girl can dream, where women’s sport is valued, and where a community with such passion for the game can actually change it.”
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by purple passion Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:51 pm

I finally got an answer from Keelin...it's because she's been very busy...NOT because she doesn't appreciate her fans...she's a class act.

Right now I am signed on to play with Sounders. Will let u know if anything changes. Have a good day.

This was the majority of her answer.
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next