Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Go down

default Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by My2cents on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Who is it? Saw the Ad on the NCAA Job Market website. Was posted yesterday!

My2cents
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2012-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by Geezaldinho on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Don’t see anything in the database.

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/category/coaching-soccer/level/experienced

Where did you see it?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10858
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by UPSoccerFanatic on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:Don’t see anything in the database.

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/category/coaching-soccer/level/experienced

Where did you see it?

If you use your link and track through it from sub-link to sub-link, you'll find the posted assistant coach job opening. It could the be the women will have an additional assistant coach (I don't know what the limit is).

But, there has been an opening at Northern Arizona.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1786
Age : 74
Location : Portland, Oregon
Registration date : 2007-10-31

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by Shadrach on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:46 pm

This appears to be a new position for women's soccer. It's posted on the UP website at this link:

https://up.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=53875&job=assistant-coach-womens-soccer

Shadrach
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 65
Location : Portland
Registration date : 2008-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by My2cents on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:29 pm

UPSoccerFanatic wrote:
Geezaldinho wrote:Don’t see anything in the database.

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/category/coaching-soccer/level/experienced

It could the be the women will have an additional assistant coach (I don't know what the limit is).


I believe NCAA rules only allow 2 salary paid assistants on a coaching staff. The volunteer assistant is not a on salary paid position. So one of the assistants is leaving for some reason.

My2cents
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2012-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by Geezaldinho on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:40 pm

The NCAA allows 3 paid coaches in Men’s or Women’s soccer in bylaw 11.7.6.
11.7.6 also allows two off campus recruiters.
( effective 8/1/2017)

If we are guessing,
I’m guessing one of the current coaches will move to a full time recruiting role and will be replaced by a new coach.


Or a coach is leaving. I don’t see mention of goalkeeper coach experience.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 10858
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by My2cents on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:56 am

Geezaldinho wrote:Or a coach is leaving. I don’t see mention of goalkeeper coach experience.


That probably means Doty will be moving on. With his head coaching experience at San Jose State, makes him the likely candidate.

My2cents
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2012-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:32 am

My2cents wrote:That probably means Doty will be moving on. With his head coaching experience at San Jose State, makes him the likely candidate.
Yes, it is my understanding that Dom has left the program, not to coach elsewhere, but for more personal reasons.

As most know, Dom and his wife, Rachel, have a young son and own their own business, Doty Performance Studio http://www.dotyperformance.com/ and a combination of raising their son, running the business, and commuting from Sherwood made the tough decision to leave UP a little easier.

A heck of great guy, he will be missed on campus!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7984
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by DoubleDipper on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:26 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
My2cents wrote:That probably means Doty will be moving on. With his head coaching experience at San Jose State, makes him the likely candidate.
Yes, it is my understanding that Dom has left the program, not to coach elsewhere, but for more personal reasons.
Confirmed..."Portland women's soccer assistant coach Dominic Doty is leaving the program to pursue opportunities outside of coaching, head coach Michelle French announced this week. Doty spent one year with the Pilots, who put together a successful first campaign under the guidance of French and her staff."

https://portlandpilots.com/news/2019/2/28/womens-soccer-assistant-coach-dominic-doty-departs-program.aspx?path=wsoc
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7984
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by PNWPilot on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:53 am

Looks like Logan Emory is leaving the UP Men's program to join the UP Women's program.

PNWPilot
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:34 am

PNWPilot wrote:Looks like Logan Emory is leaving the UP Men's program to join the UP Women's program.
I guess that's what he's told a few people including some of the players, but I haven't seen anything official.

Interesting move, for sure.

What's your source of information?
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7984
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by PNWPilot on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:39 am

DoubleDipper wrote:
PNWPilot wrote:Looks like Logan Emory is leaving the UP Men's program to join the UP Women's program.
I guess that's what he's told a few people including some of the players, but I haven't seen anything official.

Interesting move, for sure.

What's your source of information?

I haven't seen anything official either, but he did post it on his social media page two days ago.

And UP posted an opening for an Assistant Coach online.


Last edited by PNWPilot on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information.)

PNWPilot
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by DoubleDipper on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:56 am

PNWPilot wrote:I haven't seen anything official either, but he did post it on his social media page two days ago.
I guess I should get one of those new-fangled social media contraptions so I can keep up with what's happening in the world... Embarassed  Rolling Eyes
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7984
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by UPWomenSoccerRookie on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:59 pm

I talked with one of the groundskeepers at the scrimmage yesterday; he explained the switch of venue from Franz to Merlo.  He also confirmed the "new" assistant coach, who was on the bench with the team last night.  And then I talked to Dominic Doty, who was a spectator at the scrimmage.  He also confirmed the move of the new assistant from the men's program to the women's.

UPWomenSoccerRookie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:56 pm

UPWomenSoccerRookie wrote:I talked with one of the groundskeepers at the scrimmage yesterday; he explained the switch of venue from Franz to Merlo.  He also confirmed the "new" assistant coach, who was on the bench with the team last night.
Hmm, I guess coaching change announcements at UP are now made by the groundskeepers....strange.  Rolling Eyes

Regardless, the UP Athletics website now show's Emory is a coach with the women's team...I guess that makes it "official."

https://portlandpilots.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoc#sidearm-roster-coaches
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7984
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by FloridaPilot on Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:18 pm

BTW... (I feel like I am usually the one to ask this stuff so if I have before please excuse me), what are Garrett Smith and Bill Irwin up to these days?

Unrelated (and should be in the basketball forum): I had a dream about two weeks ago that Eric Reveno was in my office at work and I told him he was our coach again. Strange.
FloridaPilot
FloridaPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 628
Location : Sunshine State
Registration date : 2015-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by DoubleDipper on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 pm

SouthCarolinaPilot wrote:BTW... (I feel like I am usually the one to ask this stuff so if I have before please excuse me), what are Garrett Smith and Bill Irwin up to these days?

Unrelated (and should be in the basketball forum): I had a dream about two weeks ago that Eric Reveno was in my office at work and I told him he was our coach again. Strange.
When I saw Bill in the fall he was an assistant with the Lewis & Clark women's team (there is no men's team at L&C).

Last I heard, Garrett was still coaching the girls at FC Portland Academy, something he's been doing for close to 29 years now.

Assistant Women's Coach Opening? Dream410
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 7984
Location : Across the Bridge
Registration date : 2011-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

default Re: Assistant Women's Coach Opening?

Post by PNWPilot on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 pm


PNWPilot
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum