Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Ticket Pickup

+4
Geezaldinho
PilotFan66
dholcombe
ShipstadPilot11
8 posters

Go down

Season Ticket Pickup Empty Season Ticket Pickup

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:19 am

Did anyone go to the season ticket pickup/practice last night? I had other obligations but I'd love to know what people thought who got to see the team!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Season Ticket Pickup Empty Re: Season Ticket Pickup

Post by dholcombe Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:03 pm

It's a scrimmage so who really knows.

I know I was never one to be able to get up for a practice/scrimmage if nothing was on the line so I've never put much stock in this type of thing.

Dorian looked a bit tired (or maybe that's just how he looks?), but showed good promise at times, but then at others seemed to disappear. A bit inconsistent, but great potential. Riley Barker appeared much bigger and more confident. There was some good shooting all around and there were also some missed free throws. Sloppy passing and some really good passing leading to amazing plays.

I'm more interested in how they play in next weekends exhibition game.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotFan66 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:00 pm

I was late and missed the first "quarter". I thought Mitrovic and Kevin Bailey played well. Both shot from the outside and were able to drive to the hoop. K. Bailey had a dunk over Thomas van der Mars (see picture on Facebook). Tim Douglas was steady at the point. I thought Riley Barker played the best of the big men. If I had a starting lineup today, it would be Douglas, Mitrovic, K. Bailey, Riley Barker and John Bailey. J. Bailey seemed the most comfortable of the other big men. Thomas vdM is still learning, and I think he has great potential. I agree that Dorian Cason looked tired, but he showed moments of great potential. Ryan Nicholas was his usual energetic self. He seems to easily pick up fouls. I think the refs are picking on him. Korey and Tanner hit some nice outside jumpers and Rodgers scored on drives to the basket; have yet to see Derrick shoot a jumper.
It was a scrimmage, with team members changing for each of the 4 periods. As one might expect at this time of year the play was inconsistent, the good and the bad.

PilotFan66
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Derrick hit a three.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 am

How did they look with that new arch under the basket? New rules make for uneasiness among the players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 am

It didn't look like it made any difference. no calls were made because of it.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Does anyone have a link to the Facebook page with the K. Bailey dunk? I´d love to see that...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotfan4life Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 pm

http://portlandpilots.com/photo_gallery.aspx?gallery=102
pilotfan4life
pilotfan4life
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 am

Should be interesting to see the next two exhibition games against the Concordia schools. I'm expecting a lot of playing time for the freshmen, redshirts from last season, and walk-ons. I cannot wait to see those guys in action because we normally do not see them (the walk-ons and redshirts I mean). That being said, I hope to see Nem and Eric step up as senior leaders.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldtimer Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:16 pm

RCP, I wonder how Rev will handle playing time the first two games. On one hand yes we have some talented newcomers but on the other hand we are soon to be cast into the wolves with a testing road schedule. With Nem, Tim and Eric the only returning players that have logged meaningful minutes it might be argued that he plays his core 8 and gives them a lot of reps in preperation for the UW tourney and what is to follow. Thoughts?
Here is my prediction for the starting lineup Saturday

PG Tim Douglas
SF Tanner Riley
SG Nem
PF Ryan Nicholas
C Riley Barker

oldtimer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 am

I'd say the vets are going to get a lot of time, but really there should be a TON of time with the newcomers. At this point it's not like we are going to be fighting RPI and an at large tourney bid with this young of a team. The big thing is being ready for conference, that's where we can be effective if Rev is willing to swallow a few losses because of letting frosh and whatnot step in and learn their roles.

Best example? look at USF last year, 9-11 in pre-season play, playing some tough road games like @ Louisville, @ UW and San Diego State with a very very young team. They came in and were ready to roll in conference and took 3rd. (Of course, no injury to Tim, I'd say we probably would have been in that slot, but that is never here nor there) My point being, I'd LOVE to see Rev give tons of time to the youngsters, it will be much more beneficial in the long run, and really will pay dividends come conference time.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:12 am

I don't disagree with giving the vets their time. Rev should start the experienced guys, but I hope for consistent rotation of players to get all of the guys some time.

Back to top Go down